PDA

View Full Version : Famous People in Random Places

Applejack
02-13-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't travel for work too often, but when I do I always see famous people. This thread is a place to record all of the famous people you see in your daily lives.

Just last week I saw nine-time all-star Gary Sheffield. He was at the breakfast buffet at my hotel!

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/gary_sheffield_autograph.jpg
A few months ago while in Nashville, I saw this actor from the show "Nashville."

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oliverhudson__130731191857.jpeg

A few years ago, while traveling to Brazil I stayed at a Hilton and Ronaldinho showed up! He's even better looking in person.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6am2da0X3jf6t72_SaGgMciwdWY2qg SU2_un7ybBWTJq2uNa5

Now that I think about it, maybe this thread should have been called "Famous People in Hotels."

Scratch
02-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I saw LA Ute at the basketball game last night. That was pretty awe-inspiring.

LA Ute
02-15-2014, 12:37 AM

I was impressed. Most people don't recognize me when I'm wearing my Groucho nose and glasses.

Viking
02-15-2014, 05:57 AM
Traveling between NY/Dallas and Rio 2x a month gives great opportunities for this, especially during Rock in Rio. I sat next to Slash (small man but very cool), Goldie Hawn, Lars Ulrich and I met David Neeleman on a flight to SP years ago. I see Brazilian stars all the time. I helped Rodrigo Pimentel (star of "Elite Squad") in the Admiral's Club in Big D once; he was super cool. Ivete Sangalo sat next to me a few months ago and is pretty hot in a cougar way

The all-time greatest moment was sitting behind Neil Peart on a flight to LA in 2004. I said nothing because that's how he rolls, but I did nod my head and give a quick smile when he got up to get his bag and was standing next to me. The dude is very tall.

A certain famous female anchor and I already knew each other previously (she'd have me her show frequently a few years ago when Brazil wasn't a disaster) but we've had a funny knack of seeing each other on flights (though it's been a few years since this has happened). She did a feature on my wife last year which was hilarious.

Applejack
02-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Traveling between NY/Dallas and Rio 2x a month gives great opportunities for this, especially during Rock in Rio. I sat next to Slash (small man but very cool), Goldie Hawn, Lars Ulrich and I met David Neeleman on a flight to SP years ago. I see Brazilian stars all the time. I helped Rodrigo Pimentel (star of "Elite Squad") in the Admiral's Club in Big D once; he was super cool. Ivete Sangalo sat next to me a few months ago and is pretty hot in a cougar way

The all-time greatest moment was sitting behind Neil Peart on a flight to LA in 2004. I said nothing because that's how he rolls, but I did nod my head and give a quick smile when he got up to get his bag and was standing next to me. The dude is very tall.

A certain famous female anchor and I already knew each other previously (she'd have me her show frequently a few years ago when Brazil wasn't a disaster) but we've had a funny knack of seeing each other on flights (though it's been a few years since this has happened). She did a feature on my wife last year which was hilarious.

You sat next to Slash!!!??!??!?! That's amazing! What a dream. How many whiskeys did he have?

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS.

Viking
02-15-2014, 07:20 AM
You sat next to Slash!!!??!??!?! That's amazing! What a dream. How many whiskeys did he have?

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS.

He didn't have a single drink. I was the only inebriated person amongst the two of us.

Applejack
02-15-2014, 07:32 AM
He didn't have a single drink. I was the only inebriated person amongst the two of us.

YOU OUT-DRANK SLASH!!!! You are the ultimate bad-ass!

Viking
02-15-2014, 07:35 AM
YOU OUT-DRANK SLASH!!!! You are the ultimate bad-ass!

He told me he was sober; that would be like me claiming to outdrink Tom Monson