PDA

View Full Version : Carnaval

Viking
03-01-2014, 01:07 PM
2014 version has begun. The wife is dancing again. The youngest loves going out in her Frozen costumes. There's nothing like the sound of a brazilian bateria in full cry. Watching the samba is simply awesome and the music is so joyful, it's hard not to fall in love with this place every february/march each year.

concerned
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
2014 version has begun. The wife is dancing again. The youngest loves going out in her Frozen costumes. There's nothing like the sound of a brazilian bateria in full cry. Watching the samba is simply awesome and the music is so joyful, it's hard not to fall in love with this place every february/march each year.

I thought for sure a post about Carnaval by Viking was about competing cruise lines. I was hoping there was a deal to be had.

hostile
03-01-2014, 06:33 PM
I thought for sure a post about Carnaval by Viking was about competing cruise lines. I was hoping there was a deal to be had.

lol

one of these years we are going to go. I think it would be a fun trip.

wuapinmon
03-01-2014, 11:33 PM
This time of year makes me miss New Orleans somethin' fierce.

Viking
03-02-2014, 11:19 AM
How do i post a video? The thing that's great about carnaval is that every year, a great bateria passes spontaneously in front of our place. I got one of them on video just now.

Viking
03-02-2014, 11:40 AM
On our way now to the "Amor é quase simpatia" bloco (block party) in Ipanema now. Should be fun. If someone tells me how, I'll post some video. Mrs Viking is wearing a samba queen outfit and I'm going as myself: a balding gringo with a burgeoning waist line on his fourth beer of the day.

Mormon Red Death
03-02-2014, 11:46 AM
When you reply to post look up and see a thing that looks like a film strip. click on that then follow the prompts

Viking
03-02-2014, 05:42 PM
When you reply to post look up and see a thing that looks like a film strip. click on that then follow the prompts

I will post tomorrow. My wife has informed me I get to parade down Sapucai as "apoio" and I'm pretty excited. It really is the greatest show on earth. A bucket list sort of thing to do...the wife is dancing "destaque" for Uniao da Ilha and it is the first time we know of an American as a featured dancer, much less a Mormon girl from Oregon. Should be fun.