PDA

View Full Version : Utah by 5.5 -- the official 1st round Pac-12 tourney game against Washington thread.

Ex'dute
03-11-2014, 06:53 PM
I am flying out to Vegas in the morning and will be at the Pac-12 tournament. Can't wait.

The line I've seen is Utah by 5-1/2. That's pretty good respect from the bookies for our Utes seeing as we split with the Huskies and finished with identical 9-9 marks in league play.

I know I'm just doing this with my heart, but I will be placing a Benjamin on the Utes at the MGM prior to making the long walk down to the Grand Garden Arena tomorrow morning.

What think you? Will the Utes cover a 5.5 spread? More importantly, will the Utes win by one or more?

Mormon Red Death
03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
I am flying out to Vegas in the morning and will be at the Pac-12 tournament. Can't wait.

The line I've seen is Utah by 5-1/2. That's pretty good respect from the bookies for our Utes seeing as we split with the Huskies and finished with identical 9-9 marks in league play.

I know I'm just doing this with my heart, but I will be placing a Benjamin on the Utes at the MGM prior to making the long walk down to the Grand Garden Arena tomorrow morning.

What think you? Will the Utes cover a 5.5 spread? More importantly, will the Utes win by one or more?

Utah has been stellar ATS this year. I too will be placing a bet on them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Utah
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Utah has been stellar ats this v year. I too will c be placing a bet on them.

lol. attack of the phone!!!! ahhhh!!!!!

Mormon Red Death
03-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Roll Call. .. Anyone else here in vegas?

LA Ute
03-12-2014, 09:43 AM

I was tempted but had to pass this year. Next year!

Two Utes
03-12-2014, 09:55 AM

The west Texas town of El Paso is going to be better. Vegas sucks. Larry will be in bed by 10.

UBlender
03-12-2014, 10:41 AM
My fear is that the Utes are worrying too much about what needs to happen for them to make the NCAAs (i.e. thinking about beating UA) and not focused on UW. If that is the case UW will beat us. This game has serious "look-ahead/trap game" potential.

Despite the records, we are the better team. We beat UW more comfortably at home than they beat us up there. Even Vegas recognizes this, based on the Utes being a solid favorite today and Vegas giving Utah much, much better odds of winning the PAC 12 tourney than UW. If we are focused and play smart we should be okay. If we are lackadaisical on D and the boards and don't take care of the ball then we lose.

Mormon Red Death
03-12-2014, 10:43 AM
The west Texas town of El Paso is going to be better. Vegas sucks. Larry will be in bed by 10.

Don't let the cartels take you

Dwight Schr-Ute
03-12-2014, 11:22 AM

I'm here. But then again, I'm always here. I've been on paternity leave a bunch the last several weeks and felt guilty about taking any more time off, but had a friend call last night with a ticket, so I'm leaving the office in about 15 minutes. First Utah basketball game in several years.

Go Utes!

Mormon Red Death
03-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Utah has been stellar ATS this year. I too will be placing a bet on them.

Utah 18-6-1 Against The Spread this year

DrumNFeather
03-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Pretty decent first half. Could be up by a lot more in this game, but I'll take a 33-24 lead. We need to come out to start the second half and bury them.

DrumNFeather
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM
No energy to start the second half.

tooblue
03-12-2014, 02:26 PM
No energy to start the second half.

Is this game on tv or online? Or, am I stuck watching Barcelona vs Manchester City for my mid-day sports fix?

DrumNFeather
03-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Is this game on tv or online? Or, am I stuck watching Barcelona vs Manchester City for my mid-day sports fix?

Pac 12 network.

tooblue
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Pac 12 network.

Then I am stuck watching soccer. :cry:

LA Ute
03-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm afraid this will end up being a close game. We can't seem to pull away.

LA Ute
03-12-2014, 02:37 PM
1-point game now. Sigh.

DrumNFeather
03-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Survive and advance...but man, that was way more difficult than it needed to be.

Mormon Red Death
03-12-2014, 03:10 PM
I never doubted. ... 6 point won and the cover

Dwight Schr-Ute
03-12-2014, 04:08 PM
What a frustrating second half. It seemed like most of our offensive possessions the last 20 minutes were pretty aimless and lazy. Maybe that was Larry's plan all along to set up the Tucker 3, but it didn't make me very happy. It was pretty funny to hear all of the Colorado fans in our section cheer when Washington missed the final lay up. Line covered!

Bring on the Cats!

LA Ute
03-12-2014, 04:17 PM
What a frustrating second half. It seemed like most of our offensive possessions the last 20 minutes were pretty aimless and lazy. Maybe that was Larry's plan all along to set up the Tucker 3, but it didn't make me very happy. It was pretty funny to hear all of the Colorado fans in our section cheer when Washington missed the final lay up. Line covered!

Bring on the Cats!

Maybe they'll play a complete 40 minutes tomorrow. They're due.

SeattleUte
03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
This was a good win. Washington has some nice players and is very athletic, and it's a proud program (it's almost gotten to the point that Romar and his program are underrated; I know they disappoint, etc. but they don't suck, they work hard on defense, and he's had some good years and can recruit like crazy; he's not about to be fired). CJ Wilcox's final Pac 12 game (alas for him, a loss to Utah). I wasn't surprised they made a run. Solid win, Utes.

I've been noticing that except for Stanford we've been killing teams on the boards. Today was exemplary. Loveridge tends to be our leading rebounder. He gets a lot for his size, etc. and he's playing out of position. I think that the fact that during his ups and downs he's been reliably our top rebounder and a good one at that shows a lot of character. Loveridge stock is a buy.

Dwight Schr-Ute
03-12-2014, 04:40 PM
This was a good win. Washington has some nice players and is very athletic, and it's a proud program (it's almost gotten to the point that Romar and his program are underrated; I know they disappoint, etc. but they don't suck, they work hard on defense, and he's had some good years and can recruit like crazy; he's not about to be fired). CJ Wilcox's final Pac 12 game (alas for him, a loss to Utah). I wasn't surprised they made a run. Solid win, Utes.

I've been noticing that except for Stanford we've been killing teams on the boards. Today was exemplary. Loveridge tends to be our leading rebounder. He gets a lot for his size, etc. and he's playing out of position. I think that the fact that during his ups and downs he's been reliably our top rebounder and a good one at that shows a lot of character. Loveridge stock is a buy.

His put back after Taylor's ugly circus shot was almost as big as Tucker's three.

Dwight Schr-Ute
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Maybe they'll play a complete 40 minutes tomorrow. They're due.

I was hoping that they'd come into this game with a little more intensity after the Stanford loss. Fortunately, Wright and Loveridge started to come alive in the second half.

LA Ute
03-12-2014, 05:34 PM