PDA

View Full Version : The Jackrabbit trap game

SeattleUte
12-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Nobody is at all worried about this game? The Jackrabbits won at Utah State and St. Louis. I remember three years ago (more or less) the Jackrabbits ran away from the Huskies in Seattle, and the Huskies went on to win the Pac 12 regular season outright. That loss may have been the reason the Huskies didn't get an NCAA tournament invitation despite their Pac 12 success. We have at least as much to worry about as we would vs. Weber in one of its up years.

Diehard Ute
12-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Nobody is at all worried about this game? The Jackrabbits won at Utah State and St. Louis. I remember three years ago (more or less) the Jackrabbits ran away from the Huskies in Seattle, and the Huskies went on to win the Pac 12 regular season outright. That loss may have been the reason the Huskies didn't get an NCAA tournament invitation despite their Pac 12 success. We have at least as much to worry about as we would vs. Weber in one of its up years.

They're a good team, however I'm not worried

Their results have been rather close, and while beating USU is never easy, they're not their usual selves this year. It was also the last game of the 3 straight game "tourney"

They've lost to Idaho and beat North Dakota by 2 (same North Dakota Utah beat by 37 6 days later)

Curious to see how they look playing their 4th game in Utah in 6 days.

U-Ute
12-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Indeed. The run SU mentions was powered by Nate Wolters, who has since taken his talents to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Old Standing ute
12-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Weird game. Utes were way up & about 9 minute mark of 2nd half the whole place went dead. Really quiet & the Utes appeared to go stale too.
Brekkot was on tonight. When he can hit from distance the Utes are really tough to defend. And add Jordan Loveridge to that & it will be high-powered. He is really smooth & can get open.
Isaih Wright also had his moments. He has a decent shot. Good defender.
Kuzma on the other hand is interesting. Good jumper & very active. His shot is not good. But he likes to shoot. If he ever figures things out he could be a player.
Delon is just fun to watch. Amazing how he can steal the ball in the backcourt throw in so many times.

Not much of a crowd--bring on the conference Please.