PDA

View Full Version : The Carroll College Trap Game

LA Ute
12-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Phil Cullen's breakdown:

We are back at work here in the JHC preparing for Carroll College. Players and staff had four days off over the break and everyone was able to spend time with their families.

Carroll College is an NAIA school who is coming off a top 20 win earlier this month. They are led in scoring by Zach Taylor and Oliver Carr who are averaging 18.9 ppg and 15.8 ppg respectively. They are a motion offense team who will show 3 out 2 in configuration as well as a few half court sets. Defensively they will play man to man but have shown a zone at times.

After a few days off this game is important to prepare us for Pac-12 Conference play this weekend. We have had a great non-conference schedule this year and want to finish it out the right way.

We hope to see you and your family at the game tomorrow night, as it has been one of the most attended games we have had in the past. We are thankful for all of your support and hope to see you in the Huntsman Center. Game time is at 7:30 pm.

Old Standing ute
12-29-2014, 05:40 PM
The Fighting Saints (can't wait to see their mascot) have lost to Montana by 23 & a heart-breaker to Thompson Rivers by 9.
Do the Utes break 100?
Who plays more minutes Delon or Austin Eastman?
Does Brandon Taylor dunk--does Jeremy Olsen dunk?
But WTH I will still go & watch the beat down.

DrumNFeather
12-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Sounds like J-Love may get some minutes tonight.

LA Ute
12-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Sounds like J-Love may get some minutes tonight.

He has. Looks good, a bit rusty. A couple of awful passes that became TOs, which could be rust or just Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justaute
12-30-2014, 08:43 PM
We just look lost without Delon.

justaute
12-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Does Olsen have any basketball IQ?

if I were Coach K, I would not be happy with how the team played, sans a few exceptions.

LA Ute
12-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Does Olsen have any basketball IQ?

if I were Coach K, I would not be happy with how the team played, sans a few exceptions.

We just got home from the game and I agree. They looked sloppy the entire second half. I'll be interested to see the turnover stats. I hope they've worked that out of their systems.

hostile
12-30-2014, 09:30 PM
We just got home from the game and I agree. They looked sloppy the entire second half. I'll be interested to see the turnover stats. I hope they've worked that out of their systems.

18 TO's. Way too many.

SeattleUte
12-30-2014, 09:49 PM
What's up with Delon?

Old Standing ute
12-30-2014, 10:02 PM
What's up with Delon?

Delon did not look very interested---appeared he knew he could score at will so he did not try. 2nd half they had luck throwing into Jakob first few possessions so they fell in love with that & the fighting saints packed it in & TOs resulted.
Ogbe & Kuz looked really good & aggressive in 1st half. Ogbe came out flat in 2nd & Kuz "tweaked" his back. He sometimes has to sit out practice with back issues.
He had a spectactular trailer dunk in 1st half.

Was that Gabe Bealer sitting on the end of the bench?? Heard a rumor he might be doing a Kuzma & attending class but not being able to practice.
Someone about 6'8" was on end of bench in sweats next to Winder.--did not go through warmups or the line to shake hands at the end.

DrumNFeather
12-31-2014, 07:02 AM
It would be easy to imagine this team overlooking Carroll College with the LA Schools coming to town. I'll give 'em a pass because we really need to go 3-0 in this conference home opening stretch. Hopefully they got it all out of their system and will come ready to play on Friday and Sunday.

LA Ute
12-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Some signs of rust and lack of focus here, especially Loveridge's 3 TOs. Understandable. I hope the next three games see the best of these guys.

http://www.utahutes.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2014-2015/cc12.html

Rocker Ute
12-31-2014, 08:49 AM
If it's any indication Kodiak sat on the bench with his legs crossed nearly the entire game. The whole team was massively disinterested.

I think those guys are probably a very good NAIA team but I would read exactly zero into what happened tonight.

Or if K is disturbed by any effort and polish last night then he probably should have demonstrated a little interest in the game. I half expected him to pull out his smart phone and play Angry Birds or something.

Onto the games that matter. I'll curse us for saying this, but I've got a great feeling about the rest of the season. And just imagine if we can keep in the whereabouts of our current ranking, a 2 or 3 seed would not be awful.

sancho
12-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Some signs of rust and lack of focus here, especially Loveridge's 3 TOs. Understandable. I hope the next three games see the best of these guys.

Loveridge has always been turnover prone. I think you have to take some bad with the good with him. I am excited to finally see him against some good competition. Seems like his 3 point stroke has improved, but it disappeared in the one tough game he's played so far.

hostile
12-31-2014, 09:49 AM
If it's any indication Kodiak sat on the bench with his legs crossed nearly the entire game.
Except for when he called a timeout, walked halfway across the court and yelled at Kuzma and Ogbe to "wake the fuck up."

Diehard Ute
12-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Except for when he called a timeout, walked halfway across the court and yelled at Kuzma and Ogbe to "wake the fuck up."

And when he substituted all 5 players shortly after and refused to even acknowledge them coming off the court.

justaute
12-31-2014, 09:57 AM
yup...also his post-game comments were telling.

And when he substituted all 5 players shortly after and refused to even acknowledge them coming off the court.

hostile
12-31-2014, 09:59 AM
That was funny. After the timeout and the ensuing turnover he stands up, walks down the bench and points at the first five guys.

LA Ute
12-31-2014, 12:08 PM

LOL.

LA Ute
12-31-2014, 12:12 PM

I like seeing a little edge in Larry. Sometimes I worry that he's too nice a guy.

Diehard Ute
12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
I like seeing a little edge in Larry. Sometimes I worry that he's too nice a guy.

In person he's pretty firey at times during games

U-Ute
01-02-2015, 10:07 AM
That was funny. After the timeout and the ensuing turnover he stands up, walks down the bench and points at the first five guys.

The best part was when all the guys coming out all vied for the seats at the furthest end of the bench. Isaiah Wright ended up being the poor soul sitting closest to the coaches trying his hardest to avoid eye contact.

:rofl: