PDA

View Full Version : Chuckie Keaton to Oregon State

SigmaUte
02-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Keaton considering transfer to OSU (http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/2/10/8010419/could-chuckie-keeton-transfer-to-oregon-state)

Still unclear if he would graduate this spring to be eligible to transfer, but if he was the move would make a lot of sense. The coach that recruiting him & made him who he was. Not to mention his position coach at USU is now at OSU. Unfortunately, I think Chuckie's best days playing QB might be behind him. Not sure he comes back to the same level he was before. Not after two major injuries.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'd just like to add that Chuckie Keaton seems to be of great character & wish him the best with whatever he decides.

LA Ute
02-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Keaton considering transfer to OSU (http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/2/10/8010419/could-chuckie-keeton-transfer-to-oregon-state)

Still unclear if he would graduate this spring to be eligible to transfer, but if he was the move would make a lot of sense. The coach that recruiting him & made him who he was. Not to mention his position coach at USU is now at OSU. Unfortunately, I think Chuckie's best days playing QB might be behind him. Not sure he comes back to the same level he was before. Not after two major injuries.

Thoughts?

Whatever else might be said about this, I think it's mainly Gary being desperate. He's got to get some players on his roster and is reaching out wherever he can to find them.

SoCalPat
02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Whatever else might be said about this, I think it's mainly Gary being desperate. He's got to get some players on his roster and is reaching out wherever he can to find them.

Gary just lost a four-year starter at QB that will go in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft and you're calling him desperate? I'd say he's batshit stupid if he doesn't reach out to a guy that played and excelled under him. What better bridge could he have to when he gets a full recruiting year under his belt?

DrumNFeather
02-10-2015, 02:06 PM
It certainly is an interesting move. Is OSU's RB back? I mean, if he is, that's a decent 1-2 punch if they go straight read option.

sancho
02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Gary just lost a four-year starter at QB that will go in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft and you're calling him desperate? I'd say he's batshit stupid if he doesn't reach out to a guy that played and excelled under him. What better bridge could he have to when he gets a full recruiting year under his belt?

It can be a smart move and still be desperate. He needs a QB badly.

concerned
02-10-2015, 02:27 PM

The cupboard seems to be pretty bare. I wonder if that is one of the reasons Riley jumped to Nebraska.

SoCalPat
02-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Desperate would be getting Adam Schulz.

sancho
02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Desperate would be getting Adam Schulz.

If doesn't get Keeton, he might consider a Schulz caliber QB.

Utah
02-10-2015, 04:56 PM
This next year will be a rough one for OSU. Good luck to GA.

DrumNFeather
02-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Coming off of back to back season ending injuries is going to be tough to overcome.

SigmaUte
02-10-2015, 10:20 PM
If doesn't get Keeton, he might consider a Schulz caliber QB.

Have to say this isn't fair to Schulz. We never got to see what he could really do.

Mark my words, he'll do well at Houston.

mpfunk
02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
If Keaton is even half the QB he was before his injury, OSU will have a substantially better QB than Utah. I don't see the criticism of OSU coming from Ute fans.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

sancho
02-10-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't see the criticism of OSU coming from Ute fans.

For me, it's mostly just hope. But we were better than OSU this year, and many people think OSU will be worse next year.

Utah
02-11-2015, 07:52 AM
If Keaton is even half the QB he was before his injury, OSU will have a substantially better QB than Utah. I don't see the criticism of OSU coming from Ute fans.

You do realize that Wilson had a better QBR than Halliday, Mannion and Solomon?

He's not as bad as Ute fans say he is. He also played last year with an OC that didn't want him playing.

Utah
02-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Also, don't forget DC was the same guy that didn't play Booker until the third game. The same guy who ran his hurry up offense into a loss vs freaking WSU.

DC wasn't the most flexible guy and didn't adapt well.

Yeah, Wilson ain't Tom Brady, but he isn't terrible either. He is a solid college QB.

UtahsMrSports
02-11-2015, 08:15 AM

Is this serious?