PDA

View Full Version : Hear me out, this is too similar...

1Colonial
03-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Does anyone remember when Washburn's senior season, the Utes at home the last game of the year beat the thirteenth ranked Ducks at the Huntsman? The Utes played lights out just like Goss and Jarrieu played lights out at the end of the UW game.

That Ducks team played in the Sweet Sixteen that year. Just because they lost to a seemingly inept Ute team that day, they regrouped and had the talent necessary to create a Sweet Sixteen run.

I am fully confident this scenario can play out for the Utes. Taylor and Tucker just need to play how they did during the middle of the season and all will be well again.

Go Utes!!!

Rocker Ute
03-08-2015, 03:10 PM
I'm on board.

U-Ute
03-09-2015, 08:36 AM
I can't help but think that the Utes were a bit flat this weekend because they didn't have much to play for. A 2/3 seed in the P12 tournament doesn't really matter. Playing for seeding in the NCAA tournament just seems so nebulous.

I think this team comes out like gangbusters in the P12 tourney.

NorthwestUteFan
03-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Nigel Williams-Goss exploded on us and had a fantastic game. Jarreau suddenly got hot from 3-point range and hit 3 of 4. In fact, the team shot 57% from the 3 while we were 26%. If we play a less than perfect game while the other team plays out of their minds it is not likely that we will win.

The biggest problem in my mind (besides the rebounding disparity in the 2nd half) is that we had as many fouls as UW (18) but we didn't get to the line. In fact only TWO Utah players even shot FTs. Delon was perfect 9 for 9, and Poelt went 2 for 6. Where was everybody else? Why didn't we take it inside more than we did? Jordan Loveridge is strong enough to at least get inside and draw contact. Chapman and Kuzma should also be able to get to the line.

LA Ute
03-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Nigel Williams-Goss exploded on us and had a fantastic game. Jarreau suddenly got hot from 3-point range and hit 3 of 4. In fact, the team shot 57% from the 3 while we were 26%. If we play a less than perfect game while the other team plays out of their minds it is not likely that we will win.

The biggest problem in my mind (besides the rebounding disparity in the 2nd half) is that we had as many fouls as UW (18) but we didn't get to the line. In fact only TWO Utah players even shot FTs. Delon was perfect 9 for 9, and Poelt went 2 for 6. Where was everybody else? Why didn't we take it inside more than we did? Jordan Loveridge is strong enough to at least get inside and draw contact. Chapman and Kuzma should also be able to get to the line.

I don't know but LK atributes the lack of rebounding to simple lack of desire. Maybe that also affected the willingness to drive to the hoop in heavy traffic. Maybe U-Ute has it right: they were just flat. They have a few days to rest., to get psyched up, and they have a short flight to a venue that should draw a pretty decent contingent of Utes fans. Here's hoping!

chrisrenrut
03-09-2015, 10:47 AM

Washington gave us the soft area in the middle of the zone all day. There were so many times that Reyes, Chapman, or Delon had the balll around the foul line wide open/ We missed a few of those, and then looked very tentative to shoot that mid-range shot after that. Their big guy did not come out from under the basket to challenge them, making them hesitant to drive.

Earlier in the year, Chapman and Delon would not hesitate to shoot that shot, and would make most of them. Reyes should be hesitant to shoot that shot, he hasn't had goog touch from that range all year.

Mormon Red Death
03-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Washington gave us the soft area in the middle of the zone all day. There were so many times that Reyes, Chapman, or Delon had the balll around the foul line wide open/ We missed a few of those, and then looked very tentative to shoot that mid-range shot after that. Their big guy did not come out from under the basket to challenge them, making them hesitant to drive.

Earlier in the year, Chapman and Delon would not hesitate to shoot that shot, and would make most of them. Reyes should be hesitant to shoot that shot, he hasn't had good touch
ever.

Fixed it for you.

U-Ute
03-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Fixed it for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Gugliotta

NorthwestUteFan
03-09-2015, 01:01 PM
I agree on the high post shot. It was there all day long, and they seemed content to kick it back out for a defended Three.

smh