PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

U-Ute
12-17-2015, 10:03 AM
I finally got around to upgrading my laptop to Windows 10. It is a couple of years old so it had Windows 7 on it, but the upgrade was fairly straightforward and painless. So far I haven't had any problems. It feel snapper.

I have a desktop PC with Windows 8.1 that I'll probably upgrade over the Christmas break.

Visual Studio 2015 seems to be solid as well, although I've had problems running the graphics analyzer.

Overall though it seems like Microsoft may finally be getting their act together.

Diehard Ute
12-17-2015, 11:31 AM
I finally got around to upgrading my laptop to Windows 10. It is a couple of years old so it had Windows 7 on it, but the upgrade was fairly straightforward and painless. So far I haven't had any problems. It feel snapper.

I have a desktop PC with Windows 8.1 that I'll probably upgrade over the Christmas break.

Visual Studio 2015 seems to be solid as well, although I've had problems running the graphics analyzer.

Overall though it seems like Microsoft may finally be getting their act together.

I was lucky and got a really early copy of 10 on my desktop. It's vastly superior to 8 and runs much faster than 7 on that machine.

A few glitches with Firefox and Chrome but those seem to be working themselves out.

I've put it on 3 machines now. All run more smoothly with 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U-Ute
12-17-2015, 11:45 AM
I was lucky and got a really early copy of 10 on my desktop.

Hah. I avoided it. The first version of anything from Microsoft is usually, umm, difficult.

Diehard Ute
12-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Hah. I avoided it. The first version of anything from Microsoft is usually, umm, difficult.

I just got lucky and was picked for one of the first installs of the actual release. Certainly wouldn't trust a beta lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottie
12-17-2015, 01:13 PM
I also just upgraded my laptop, this morning in fact; v8.1 to 10. The only issue I've had (it's fairly minor, but really annoying, and I've yet to find a resolution) is that in RDP sessions, my mouse cursor is invisible.

Edit: Adjusting the mouse settings on the remote machine seems to have taken care of my issue (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use > changed it from 'regular white' to 'regular black').

NorthwestUteFan
12-17-2015, 04:48 PM
I have it on 3 computers now. Zero complaints.