PDA

View Full Version : 2016 mlb

LA Ute
05-20-2016, 09:19 AM
As of yesterday, the Yankees are 17 and 22. This makes me happy.

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

concerned
05-20-2016, 10:11 AM
As of yesterday, the Yankees are 17 and 22. This makes me happy.

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

When things go horribly wrong in your life, you just have to keep that thought in mind. It is a serenity now mantra. Much more effective than yoga or a psychiatrist.

LuckyUte
05-25-2016, 08:29 PM
It makes me happy that the Dodgers are not in first place, but sad that the Red Sox can't follow them there.

LA Ute
05-25-2016, 09:53 PM
It makes me happy that the Dodgers are not in first place, but sad that the Red Sox can't follow them there.

You cannot hurt me with these vicious statements.

eldiente
05-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Going to Giants/Rockies tomorrow. Anyone heard of this Bumgarner guy?

Rockies will send him to the showers by the third inning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorcho
05-28-2016, 09:50 PM
Rockies will send him to the showers by the third inning.

I watched part of this game. MLB should never be played at elevation.

Scratch
10-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Rooting guide to the playoffs:

Blue Jays vs Rangers. Why would I root for one of these teams? One is a canadian team in the American national pastime, and the other is the rangers. I would say Prince Fielder is enough to push the balance towards the Rangers, but he's done. Booo!

Red Sox vs Indians. BOOO! How is a fan supposed to enjoy these playoffs at all? Sox are the most annoying team in baseball, and Cleveland is better as a city when its teams stink.

Dodgers vs Nats. Finally a team to root for. The Nats should be every fan's team this postseason.

Giants/Mets vs Cubs. The Cubs are in danger of becoming the new Red Sox. Baseball desperately needs the Cubbies to remain lovable losers. If Chicago wins, there are no ongoing plots left for baseball to talk about. The Giants win every even year, so it probably doesn't matter.

In order then: Nats, Mets, Dodgers, Jays, Rangers, Giants, Indians, Cubs, Red Sox.

Wrong. Although you are correct that there are very few likeable teams in these playoffs, but here is the proper rooting guide: Jays, Indians, Rangers, Nats, Giants, Cubs, BoSox, Mets, Dodgers.

Applejack
10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
When did they last win?

Rangers - Never
Nats - Never
Cubs - 1908
Indians - 1948
Dodgers - 1988
Blue Jays - 1993
Red Sox - 2013
Giants - 2014

3/4 of the teams have not won the series in this century.

Sounds like the Giants are the most deserving. LET'S Go Giants.

Mormon Red Death
11-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Ugh, this is just lousy.

On the one hand, Cleveland fans went from fine to insufferable in just a few months with their non-stop 3-1 "jokes". The irony of them blowing a lead would be great against any other team. Unfortunately, cubs fans are already insufferable and undeserving. This is a lose lose situation.

I guess you just have to ignore the fans and root for the more likable team. So, go Indians.
you want one of your biggest divisional rivals to win?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LA Ute
11-01-2016, 08:02 PM
I have a lot more friends who are Cubs fans than Indians fans so I am rooting for the Cubs.

Scratch
11-02-2016, 10:24 AM
The Cubs are just supposed to lose. It's just how it works. The Cubs winning would feel like Seattle Ute lauding Joseph Smith for his accomplishments as God's true prophet of the restoration.

Plus, you have to cheer for any small payroll team over a huge market beast like the Cubs.

concerned
11-02-2016, 10:35 AM
The Cubs are just supposed to lose. It's just how it works. The Cubs winning would feel like Seattle Ute lauding Joseph Smith for his accomplishments as God's true prophet of the restoration.

Plus, you have to cheer for any small payroll team over a huge market beast like the Cubs.

I read a tongue-in-cheek story the other night that mlb wants the Cubs to lose so they can maintain the stratospheric tv ratings for years to come. If the Cubs win, the ratings will go back in the toilet immediately.

P.S. I dont want to hear another hypocritical comment from another Angels or Dodgers fan about rooting for the small payroll team.

Scratch
11-02-2016, 10:54 AM
I read a tongue-in-cheek story the other night that mlb wants the Cubs to lose so they can maintain the stratospheric tv ratings for years to come. If the Cubs win, the ratings will go back in the toilet immediately.

P.S. I dont want to hear another hypocritical comment from another Angels or Dodgers fan about rooting for the small payroll team.

I'm a Braves fan, and they have a pretty small payroll. I support the Angels as the local team whose games I take my kids to, but they're not near the top of my list of favorite teams.

Applejack
11-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I have a lot more friends who are Cubs fans than Indians fans so I am rooting for the Cubs.\

Myfriendshavesimilarloyalties.That'swhyI'mrootingf ortheIndians!

LA Ute
11-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Well, this is pretty great. Tied in the ninth of game seven.

The attempted bunt was a coaching error.

concerned
11-02-2016, 09:54 PM
The attempted bunt was a coaching error.

As Joe Buck said, every move Maddon has made tonight has backfired.

Rocker Ute
11-02-2016, 10:52 PM
That game almost made me a baseball fan.

UBlender
11-02-2016, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko58baUVstE

All you asshole Cub-haters can suck it and move on to bullying the cursed Seattle Mariners.

mUUser
11-03-2016, 12:16 AM
That HR was the biggest moment baseball has seen in a while. Too bad it will be forgotten.

Pretty darn funny that Cleveland blew a 3-1 lead. The city deserves that.

The irony is the Cavs came down from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Championship. It was great to see Lebron going nuts. By the time he's done....GOAT. There, I said it.