PDA

View Full Version : Women's Volleyball beats #9 BYU in Provo

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Fun match tonight in not as happy as it used to be valley. BYU had the longest home winning streak in the nation at 29 straight. Although this thing played out a lot like the football games have. Utah streaked out to a 2-0 set lead and was up 7-2 in the third set. BYU then finally pulled their heads out and started playing, taking sets 3 and 4 pretty convincingly.

In the fifth set, Utah built a lead, lost said lead and then rallied to score the last four points to close out the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 10:05 PM
Fun match tonight in not as happy as it used to be valley. BYU had the longest home winning streak in the nation at 29 straight. Although this thing played out a lot like the football games have. Utah streaked out to a 2-0 set lead and was up 7-2 in the third set. BYU then finally pulled their heads out and started playing, taking sets 3 and 4 pretty convincingly.

In the fifth set, Utah built a lead, lost said lead and then rallied to score the last four points to close out the win.

And Anae set the Utah single match kills record. Nice to have the Anae kids in red.

hostile
09-15-2016, 10:12 PM
I caught the 4th and 5th set. Great to see Utah battle back and win it in the face of amazing support for the Cougars on their home court.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Women's volleyball gets upset by UNLV in the first round of the NCAA tournament missing a chance to beat BYU on their home court two times in one season.

Applejack
12-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Thanks for nothing, Wally.

chrisrenrut
09-14-2017, 12:14 PM
#16 Utah takes on #14 BYU tonight at 7:00 pm in the Huntsman center. Get in free if you are wearing red. Also live on the Pac-12 channel.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-14-2017, 10:10 PM
Interesting match. Utah made BYU look silly in the first set. BYU made Utah look silly in the second and third sets. Utah won the fourth and the fifth went down to the wire 18-16 Cougars. But the Utes did manage to break their attendance record by 1,400.

Applejack
09-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Go ahead, Wally; rub it in. The mandatory dead period is over.

Your Cougar v-ballers won. Respect.

LA Ute
09-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Go ahead, Wally; rub it in. The mandatory dead period is over.

Your Cougar v-ballers won. Respect.

#16 against #14. A rivalry!!

Applejack
09-16-2017, 06:53 AM
#16 against #14. A rivalry!!

Not you too, LA! First Wally goes to the dark side and now LAUte! I guess it's true what they say; consistently beating your rival will slowly kill your opponent's fanbase.

LA Ute
09-16-2017, 07:34 AM
Not you too, LA! First Wally goes to the dark side and now LAUte! I guess it's true what they say; consistently beating your rival will slowly kill your opponent's fanbase.

No. I was simply celebrating the presence a rivalry between the two schools in women's volleyball. I thought you lliked rivalries.

Applejack
09-16-2017, 08:26 AM
No. I was simply celebrating the presence a rivalry between the two schools in women's volleyball. I thought you lliked rivalries.

I do! But I prefer rivalries that we win.

LA Ute
09-16-2017, 09:41 PM
I do! But I prefer rivalries that we win.

LOL. So do I.