PDA

View Full Version : A test at age 3 can predict whether children ...

tooblue
12-13-2016, 08:25 AM
A test at age 3 can predict whether children will grow and go to jail and lead a troubled life, scientists say

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/a-test-at-age-3-can-predict-whether-children-will-grow-and-go-to-jail-and-lead-a-troubled-life-scientists-say

A simple test at the age of three can determine whether children will grow up to be a burden on society, needing excessive welfare, spending time in prison or becoming obese, a 35-year study has shown.

sancho
12-13-2016, 08:53 AM
A test at age 3 can predict whether children will grow and go to jail and lead a troubled life, scientists say

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/a-test-at-age-3-can-predict-whether-children-will-grow-and-go-to-jail-and-lead-a-troubled-life-scientists-say

Ah, the old marshmallow test. I'm pretty certain that all 5 of my kids would fail this spectacularly. You're welcome, society.

Applejack
12-13-2016, 09:09 AM
I've never heard of the National Post. Is this Canada's excuse of a newspaper?

mUUser
12-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Ah, the old marshmallow test.......

The Marshmallow Report, starring Tom Cruise.....

tooblue
12-13-2016, 09:40 AM
The Marshmallow Report, starring Tom Cruise.....

The report comes from joint researchers at King's College London and Duke University. Now I have another reason to root against Duke.

tooblue
12-13-2016, 09:49 AM
I've never heard of the National Post. Is this Canada's excuse of a newspaper?

Well, unlike present company, not everyone prefers to get their news from USA Today or foxnews.com.

Applejack
12-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Well, unlike present company, not everyone prefers to get their news from USA Today or foxnews.com.

Those are the only news sources in Canada? It's more of a wasteland than I ever imagined (and I imagined a pretty wasted land).

tooblue
12-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Those are the only news sources in Canada? It's more of a wasteland than I ever imagined (and I imagined a pretty wasted land).

Smackjack is this the best you got lol Must be a really putrid week/month/year for you to be trolling like this. Playing Indiana in a bowl game not doing it for ya? Of course, I don't blame you. If you didn't have Bronco Mendenhall v2.0 as your head coach, the Utes would at least be playing in the Rose bowl, if not the Playoff! But maybe it's likely more indicative of your cowardly head basketball coaches scheduling machinations that's got you down? Cowering away from your rivals can mess with your head.

Look: we know you are a fan of Fox News and are quite excited by the prospects of a Trump presidency. The hoopla and all surrounding his inauguration should buoy you up during these tough Utah sports times; or give you something to look forward to at least.

Applejack
12-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Smackjack is this the best you got lol Must be a really putrid week/month/year for you to be trolling like this. Playing Indiana in a bowl game not doing it for ya? Of course, I don't blame you. If you didn't have Bronco Mendenhall v2.0 as your head coach, the Utes would at least be playing in the Rose bowl, if not the Playoff! But maybe it's likely more indicative of your cowardly head basketball coaches scheduling machinations that's got you down? Cowering away from your rivals can mess with your head.

Look: we know you are a fan of Fox News and are quite excited by the prospects of a Trump presidency. The hoopla and all surrounding his inauguration should buoy you up during these tough Utah sports times; or give you something to look forward to at least.

I agree with you that the Utah football team was a very talented squad.

Rocker Ute
12-13-2016, 11:15 AM

Canada: America's Hat.

tooblue
12-13-2016, 11:18 AM
Canada: America's Hat.

"Vive le Canada because we need you very, very badly." —Joe Biden

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38268887

Rocker Ute
12-13-2016, 11:24 AM
"Vive le Canada because we need you very, very badly." —Joe Biden

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38268887

"Hannibal Lecter was an inspiration in how he always surrounded himself with people of great taste." - Justin Trudeau

tooblue
12-13-2016, 11:25 AM
"Hannibal Lecter was an inspiration in how he always surrounded himself with people of great taste." - Justin Trudeau

lol ... Did they have great taste, or did they taste great?

Rocker Ute
12-13-2016, 11:26 AM
lol ... Did they have great taste, or did they taste great?

Both work.