PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

Jarid in Cedar
02-18-2013, 05:58 PM
The full site is almost ready for visitors, but while you are waiting, please feel free to introduce yourself. We anticipate full functionality in the next few days.

Thanks,

The Board of Trustees.

smitty
02-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Hello there.
I am smitty - I am a student (Full time) at the U, (Political Science, and Information Systems) I also work full time as a Systems Administrator for the School of Business.

Huge Ute fan ever since I was a kid, but I am also a fan of the Idaho Vandals since that is my wife's alma mater. Season Ticket Holder for Football (NEZ Represent!)
I attended the U originally in 1999, and 2000 and dropped out, and my wife and I moved down from Northern Idaho (Couer d'Alene) in the spring of 2010. She also works for the U (College of Fine Arts)

In addition to all things Utes, I am big in to NFL Football (Seahawks) MLB (Red Sox) and I am slowly getting back into the NBA (Supersonics). I am also big into Golf during the summer.

You can usually find me more on Twitter (@redsoxunixgeek) where I tweet about the Utes, Technology, and Politics.

Thats me in one short post.

UtahDan
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Hello all. I graduated from the U in 2000 with a degree in political science. Since then I have moved back to the DC area, where I am from, and have a law practice that straddles Northern and Central Virginia. I am an avid fan of the Utes, especially football, and also rabidly root for all of the DC professional sports franchises.

I love to talk sports, politics and religion and have done a little of each on the podcast I co-founded along with DC Ute and others at www.mormonexpositor.com (http://www.mormonexpositor.com).

I am a veteran of all of the Utah and BYU boards in their many iterations, most recently as a former moderator CougarUteForum. During law school I was a very avid poster on Utefans.net and am hoping this can be a place where the best of those years is recaptured and built upon. I'm a founding member of this community and look forward to seeing old friends as well as making some new ones.

Go Utes!!!!

UtahDan
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Hello there.

Welcome smitty!

OrangeUte
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi all - OrangeUte here. I am one of the founders of the Board and am very excited about this new website.

The orange in my name refers to Syracuse University, where I went to grad school.

I have participated moderately on other Ute related message boards. Being involved in the set up of this board, I believe what UB5 can become is a very special board with a breadth of different people and ideas and personalities that exist in a wonderful community just like our University.

To help foster that type of community, we have named the different forums, to the extent it made sense, after locations on or near campus. For many of us, our years at the U were some if the best and most profound and just seeing the names of a building on campus brings back memories and feelings of nostalgia.

I grew up the son of a major Ute fan. My dad took me to basketball and football games with him at the Special Events Center (now the Huntsman Center) from the time I was about 5. I have tried to continue that tradition with my own sons now that I am a father. It's harder to do this living in Northern California, but thanks to the Pac 12, not cost prohibitive.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know the folks in this community and hope it is exactly like my every experience at the U - memorable!

In the words of the great Tom Barberi, Utah by Five - always!

OrangeUte
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Hello there.
I am smitty - I am a student (Full time) at the U, (Political Science, and Information Systems) I also work full time as a Systems Administrator for the School of Business.

Huge Ute fan ever since I was a kid, but I am also a fan of the Idaho Vandals since that is my wife's alma mater. Season Ticket Holder for Football (NEZ Represent!)
I attended the U originally in 1999, and 2000 and dropped out, and my wife and I moved down from Northern Idaho (Couer d'Alene) in the spring of 2010. She also works for the U (College of Fine Arts)

In addition to all things Utes, I am big in to NFL Football (Seahawks) MLB (Red Sox) and I am slowly getting back into the NBA (Supersonics). I am also big into Golf during the summer.

You can usually find me more on Twitter (@redsoxunixgeek) where I tweet about the Utes, Technology, and Politics.

Thats me in one short post.

Welcome to the board!

Jarid in Cedar
02-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Smitty,

Welcome to the board. As fellow Ute/Seahawk fan, I can overlook your allegiences with the Dead Sox.

hardcoreUTE
02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Hello. I attended the U back in 03 as an Architecture major but dropped out to pursue concept design for a graphics company. Currently trying to get back to the U to finish up.

Been a fan since 94 when I attended my first basketball game at the Hunty and have been hooked ever since.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-18-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm excited to help OrangeUte's smart son continue cheering for the team that runs the Pac.

Im not really sure what to expect, except OU, Jarid and UD are good folks. Are you all now UB5 exclusive? Or will you still be friends at the other place?

Jeff Lebowski
02-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey guys. Congrats on the new board and best wishes going forward. Looks very nice.

I have been giving JiC some tips and help setting up the site and in the process I have been quite impressed with the newer version of vbulletin. So I decided to spend my afternoon today upgrading CS from vbulletin 3.8 to 4.2. I have been putting it off for three years. Unfortunately, I ran into a database error and the only fix is to upgrade to a bigger server (VPS). So if anyone is wondering why CS is down, that is why. I am hoping to have it restored in the morning (God willing).

UtahDan
02-18-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm excited to help OrangeUte's smart son continue cheering for the team that runs the Pac.

Im not really sure what to expect, except OU, Jarid and UD are good folks. Are you all now UB5 exclusive? Or will you still be friends at the other place?

We are friends in any local. I think this is probably home base for most of us now, but no doubt we will be by from time to time.

UtahDan
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Hey guys. Congrats on the new board and best wishes going forward. Looks very nice.

Thanks! The new version is pretty slick.

OrangeUte
02-19-2013, 12:01 AM

I have been giving JiC some tips and help setting up the site and in the process I have been quite impressed with the newer version of vbulletin. So I decided to spend my afternoon today upgrading CS from vbulletin 3.8 to 4.2. I have been putting it off for three years. Unfortunately, I ran into a database error and the only fix is to upgrade to a bigger server (VPS). So if anyone is wondering why CS is down, that is why. I am hoping to have it restored in the morning (God willing).

I hope that gets fixed quick. My guess is Steelblue is wandering around his house mumbling to himself without it. The new version looks pretty sharp.

Flystripper
02-19-2013, 12:18 AM
This whole thing sucks but it is what cuf ec wanted. Now I have to frequent two boards... There goes my free time.

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 12:22 AM
This whole thing sucks but it is what cuf ec wanted. Now I have to frequent two boards... There goes my free time.

We think there was a need for a site like this regardless of what happened. I'm glad you're here. :)

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Welcome, smithy, hardcore, flystripper and good old HFN. And thanks for the shout-out, Lebowski. I noticed your board was down -- hey, I still visit -- and hope it gets back up again tomorrow.

Here's my intro. I've been around the various University of Utah-related message boards for a long time, long enough to be the graybeard among the founders of this one. I am very proud to be part of Utah By 5's creation.

i graduated from the U. in 1982 with my law degree (B.A. in 1980) and have been a lawyer in L.A. ever since. During all that time my ardent Ute-ness has only grown. (You can imagine how the PAC-12 affiliation felt to someone like me who had been surrounded by Trojans and Bruins for half my life and then suddenly found myself in the same conference with them.)

This is a family thing with me. I have a son due to graduate from Utah in May and another due to start there this fall. We go to as many games together as we can. My wife and daughter are part of the Ute fan family too, although they refuse to cheer in a way that's as embarrassing as the way the boys and I do.

We hope this will be a great board for Utah fans and and others who follow the Utes. Come on aboard and let's get going!

Pheidippides
02-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Hey, wow. You actually did it. Cool.

I am known in other places by other names. I'm not sure I like the one I picked here yet but I've been thinking about a change anyway. I reserve the right to humbly beg JiC etc. to change my moniker if I think of something better. Maybe I'll do it across the board(s).

So, intro. The name should give away the game for those with whom I've interacted elsewhere. I am also a lawyer, I work pillaging the earth, I live in Texas. When not lawyering or pillaging, I do a lot of swimming, cycling and running. Especially running. The living in Texas thing is pretty constant.

I generally have followed Utah football (mostly) for most of my life but not always as a friend, my alma mater being what it is. Still, it remains one of my few ties to my home state, and I tend to play nice I think. I also like the founders of the board quite a bit, so there's that whole personal loyalty thing going on too.

Snowman
02-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi. I'm Snowman. Graduated from the U in '93. I hope this site succeeds because UTE fans deserve an easy to navigate message board. Good luck!

Clark Addison
02-19-2013, 06:29 AM
I didn't want to have a 0 posts next to my name, so I thought this was as good as place as any to post.

Hi! I am Clark Addison. I post on Utefans as "Clark Addison" and Cougarboard as "Picklebutton". My parents went to the U so I like to keep tabs on what is going on.

Is there a way to change the default color scheme around here?

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 06:39 AM

I am known in other places by other names. I'm not sure I like the one I picked here yet but I've been thinking about a change anyway. I reserve the right to humbly beg JiC etc. to change my moniker if I think of something better. Maybe I'll do it across the board(s).

So, intro. The name should give away the game for those with whom I've interacted elsewhere. I am also a lawyer, I work pillaging the earth, I live in Texas. When not lawyering or pillaging, I do a lot of swimming, cycling and running. Especially running. The living in Texas thing is pretty constant.

I generally have followed Utah football (mostly) for most of my life but not always as a friend, my alma mater being what it is. Still, it remains one of my few ties to my home state, and I tend to play nice I think. I also like the founders of the board quite a bit, so there's that whole personal loyalty thing going on too.

Welcome! What other names might we know you by?

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Hi. I'm Snowman. Graduated from the U in '93. I hope this site succeeds because UTE fans deserve an easy to navigate message board. Good luck!

VB is the best format bar none. Welcome.

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 06:41 AM

Yes. Just go up the the address bar and type www.cougar...... ;)

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-19-2013, 07:29 AM

I assumed his wife was smoking hot, but maybe I'm wrong.

Pheidippides
02-19-2013, 07:30 AM

I have also been a Japanese meat-filled pastry (actually stolen from the Chinese, but that's not my fight). Nikuman, at your service.

Jarid in Cedar
02-19-2013, 07:51 AM

Hahahahahahaha......uhh what was the question?

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 08:06 AM
I knew who it was immediately. Fancy Greek names do not fool me.

Pheidippides
02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
I knew who it was immediately. Fancy Greek names do not fool me.

And here I thought I was hiding my identity!

SoCalPat
02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Greetings. Nice board here. Gotta find a better name for the hoops forum -- good hell, even the geniuses in athletics marketing at the U. think it's dumb.

The basics: 1996 Utah grad. Married, three kids. Living in Idaho (the SCP moniker is from my early UF.N days, when I actually did live in SoCal. Also known to torment Zoobs under the moniker of Top Ute). Been known to write a word or two about Utah football. Also pay tribute to Wichita State (2009 graduate) and Oklahoma State (wife's alma mater).

I'm hoping this site can recapture the feel of what other sites have had before they were dragged down into skull-numbing antics that were understood by only a few people. Oh, and make Mr. Crimson/Comrade Crimson/Hoyos Revenge feel welcome.

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Greetings. Nice board here. Gotta find a better name for the hoops forum -- good hell, even the geniuses in athletics marketing at the U. think it's dumb.

The basics: 1996 Utah grad. Married, three kids. Living in Idaho (the SCP moniker is from my early UF.N days, when I actually did live in SoCal. Also known to torment Zoobs under the moniker of Top Ute). Been known to write a word or two about Utah football. Also pay tribute to Wichita State (2009 graduate) and Oklahoma State (wife's alma mater).

I'm hoping this site can recapture the feel of what other sites have had before they were dragged down into skull-numbing antics that were understood by only a few people. Oh, and make Mr. Crimson/Comrade Crimson/Hoyos Revenge feel welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k

GUBA
02-19-2013, 08:53 AM
This is GUBA checking in.

Pudge's Pole
02-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey all--

I'm a Cougar fan, but I have a ton of respect for the U and its fans (even those of the drunken sailor stripe!). I know many of you from other boards. If you google my user name, you should be able to figure out who I am. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to come over here, but the new site looks good, and I'm sure UB5 is going to be an unqualified success.

kccougar
02-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I'll throw my moniker in here too. I'm a BYU fan first (just ask '71), but I attended both schools and graduated from the U in 1998. I've always kept tabs on Utah sports, first through Utefans and then through the good posters on CUF. I'm glad to see many of them here now. Good luck with your new endeavor. I hope BYU fans will be welcome.

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 09:00 AM
I'll throw my moniker in here too. I'm a BYU fan first (just ask '71), but I attended both schools and graduated from the U in 1998. I've always kept tabs on Utah sports, first through Utefans and then through the good posters on CUF. I'm glad to see many of them here now. Good luck with your new endeavor. I hope BYU fans will be welcome.

Everyone is welcome, especially anyone who is a closeted Utah fan. ;)

Jarid in Cedar
02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
This is GUBA checking in.

Welcome GUBA, please tell us a little about yourself.

Flystripper
02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
I didn't want to have a 0 posts next to my name, so I thought this was as good as place as any to post.

Hi! I am Clark Addison. I post on Utefans as "Clark Addison" and Cougarboard as "Picklebutton". My parents went to the U so I like to keep tabs on what is going on.

Picklebutton. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

wuapinmon
02-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I root for the Utes unless they're playing BYU, Tulane, or Georgia Tech (my almae matres). The recent name change and subsequent Cuffer Diaspora saddens me, as I consider yall to be my friends (even if some don't care for me), but I understand why this board exists, and I hope that the communication we formerly enjoyed doesn't wane greatly.

As an aesthetic commentary, the red border is actually kind of taxing on the eyes, causing a persistence of vision problem when you shift your gaze to a new pane. Perhaps a washed-out red for the background would be easier on the eyes. I can't be the only one who's noticed this.

Anyway, I'm a Southern, heretical convert to Mormonism, Spanish professor who loves the Atlanta Braves, Dale Murphy, food, Coca-Cola, and my chesty wife.

Pudge's Pole
02-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Picklebutton. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This actually surprised me a bit.

kccougar
02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
So who's going to compose the welcome questions?

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-19-2013, 09:35 AM
My name is Dwight Schr-Ute. I am known on other sites by the same name. I took on this identity circa when The Office America was tolerable. Now the moniker is old and worn out. Which fits me just fine.

(Auto save?! This thing has auto save?! Best feature ever.) Anyway, I grew up down the road from Rice Stadium, graduated from Highland High and then attended Utah for a few years before finally having to finish my education at Utah State. Grew up attending football and basketball games with my dad. Was a student during the awesomeness that was mid-to-late 90's Running Ute basketball. Thanks to my dad, I've always been a fan, but started following the program much more closely after his passing 6 years ago. I also live in Las Vegas now, so maybe that's my way to stay connected to the program.

Anyway, as with the other sites, I don't have much to offer, but I'll probably chime in with a sarcastic comment or humorous anecdote from time to time. Thanks for the new site. Should be great.

mpfunk
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
I sadly did not graduate from the University of Utah, but did attend for one year in 1996-97. I graduated from another school that will remain nameless. I grew up a University of Utah fan and wasn't going to abandon years of rooting for the Utes because of my school choice.

I am a resident pessimistic fan. I developed this pessimism from growing up a Ute fan in Utah during the 1980's. This pessimism was also cultivated during the disaster season of 1996.

Over the years, sports have become less a part of my life. I attend few games and consider myself more of a casual fan. It works for me and helps me have a more balanced and happy life than when my happiness lived and died with Utah football/Utah basketball.

Other loyalties are Oakland A's, Chicago Blackhawks, and the Atlanta Falcons. I'm undecided these days if I'm more of a Jazz fan or Blazers fan.

Look forward to this board developing. I'm going to do my best to put the pessimism aside and be a cautious optimist.

old_gregg
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
You love me and you've seen me and you know me. I'm Old Gregg!

Jeromy in SLC
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Quickly, I was a graduate of the U in 97' (BS) and 99' (MS). My wife is also a graduate. I kept my moniker from my time as a emailer to the Jim Rome Show back in the day. And for those whom don't know already, I am JIC's evil twin. I will keep the inside jokes to a minimum.

USS Utah
02-19-2013, 09:58 AM
USS Utah (aka Flattop) checking in. I have already started a book thread, so now I should introduce myself. I'm a bookworm living in South Davis County.

Cheering for the Utes runs in my family. My grandfather was once honored as a super fan at a basketball game. As a kid he would sneak into the field house to watch games, but don't tell anybody.

I grew up going to Utah basketball and football game. When I was very young (Jeff Judkins was a player) the Runnin' Utes won a game on my birthday. I was hooked. My interest in football came later.

GUBA
02-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Welcome GUBA, please tell us a little about yourself.

I graduated from the U in 2008. I currently live in Salt Lake City. I work in marketing at the moment. I look forward to reading this board.

mpfunk
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
I forgot to add that I knew that this was the one true site when the benevolent JiC elevated MLB to its appropriate standing in life by creating a separate category for baseball from all other professional sports.

SgtUte
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Awesome board!! Ran into this board via Utefans.net. Graduated from Hillcrest High in 1996 and STILL haven't finished all of my college at the U, yet..... I'm married with three kids and am a Sergeant with a local(SL area) police dept. Love all thing Utah!!!!

War UTAH!!!!

Slim
02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Hey guys. Excited for the new site. I have been around the other sites known as UtahMan77. Since it is a new site I thought I would go by my nickname: Slim. One I've had for over 20 years, and what I was known as when I attended the U. Many still think my first name is Slim.

I graduated from the U in 2007 in teaching, and am currently a math teacher.

I've been a fan since the early 90's, one of my earliest Ute memories was the Rice bowl in 1988. Have had season tickets to Football since the early 90's in the SEZ, and basketball tickets as well. Many great memories.

Also a fan of the Jazz and Eagles (mainly due to Randall Cunningham and the late Reggie White).

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
I root for the Utes unless they're playing BYU, Tulane, or Georgia Tech (my almae matres). The recent name change and subsequent Cuffer Diaspora saddens me, as I consider yall to be my friends (even if some don't care for me), but I understand why this board exists, and I hope that the communication we formerly enjoyed doesn't wane greatly.

As an aesthetic commentary, the red border is actually kind of taxing on the eyes, causing a persistence of vision problem when you shift your gaze to a new pane. Perhaps a washed-out red for the background would be easier on the eyes. I can't be the only one who's noticed this.

Anyway, I'm a Southern, heretical convert to Mormonism, Spanish professor who loves the Atlanta Braves, Dale Murphy, food, Coca-Cola, and my chesty wife.

ˇBienvenido, vos!

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 10:19 AM

I was hoping you'd come. Now go and get Crimson.

Tokolosh
02-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi all. I'm looking forward to this new board. Like others I'm a vet of the various Ute and Cougar message boards.

I walked with the 2007 class, degree in International Studies and Economics. Later I graduated from Thunderbird with an International Management MBA. Now I work in Global Finance doing strategic planning, M&A and JV analysis, and global product and market planning for a heavy truck and engine manufacturer in Chicagoland.

I attended basketball games with my dad and grandpa from a young age. I'd listen to the football games on my patio or front lawn so I could hear the crowd and cannons with Marcroft's calls. I also loved hearing the drum line practices from my yard, always my favorite sign of an approaching fall. There are also memories of basketball players giving fire sides in our living room for the youth in our area.

Other particulars. I married out of my league. We've got three children and a dog. Live in the Chicago burbs. I enjoy mountain biking, downhill skiing, rock climbing, and sitting on my duff while complaining how busy I am.

Looking forward to helping this board grow.

wally
02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
I am wally. I am known elsewhere as wally. I am a two time graduate from the U and an engineer.

Solon
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM

I'm surprised you went with Pheidippides, which is harder to spell than the more accepted possible names of the (probably legendary) runner of that first "marathon" in 490 BCE.
According to Plutarch, (http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Plutarch/Moralia/De_gloria_Atheniensium*.html) the earliest source tabbed a soldier named Thersippus as the runner who returned from the battlefield to Athens with Victory on his lips as he died. Later historians named Eucles as the runner.

Pheidippides was no slouch of a runner, though, and it's a good name for you.

Welcome, Wuap! We shall continue to be great friends.
Well done with the Latin (Just because excellence is expected doesn't mean it should go unremarked).

I hope all my friends with ties to other schools feel welcome here.

RC Vikings
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm RC Vikings. I'm a BSU grad that is excited to have a PAC 12 team so near.

DrumNFeather
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi all. I'm looking forward to this new board. Like others I'm a vet of the various Ute and Cougar message boards.

I walked with the 2007 class, degree in International Studies and Economics. Later I graduated from Thunderbird with an International Management MBA. Now I work in Global Finance doing strategic planning, M&A and JV analysis, and global product and market planning for a heavy truck and engine manufacturer in Chicagoland.

I attended basketball games with my dad and grandpa from a young age. I'd listen to the football games on my patio or front lawn so I could hear the crowd and cannons with Marcroft's calls. I also loved hearing the drum line practices from my yard, always my favorite sign of an approaching fall. There are also memories of basketball players giving fire sides in our living room for the youth in our area.

Other particulars. I married out of my league. We've got three children and a dog. Live in the Chicago burbs. I enjoy mountain biking, downhill skiing, rock climbing, and sitting on my duff while complaining how busy I am.

Looking forward to helping this board grow.

Glad to see you here. It's been a while!

Utah
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, and I read that someone had a similar suggestion somewhere else, but I don't have time to find it (sorry), but I think having the background be white with red trim would look really, really nice. Clean, professional, inviting.

Otherwise, I have been dreaming of this site for years. Pumped to be here!

Pheidippides
02-19-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm surprised you went with Pheidippides, which is harder to spell than the more accepted possible names of the (probably legendary) runner of that first "marathon" in 490 BCE.
According to Plutarch, (http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Plutarch/Moralia/De_gloria_Atheniensium*.html) the earliest source tabbed a soldier named Thersippus as the runner who returned from the battlefield to Athens with Victory on his lips as he died. Later historians named Eucles as the runner.

Pheidippides was no slouch of a runner, though, and it's a good name for you.

I figured since it's (as you say) probably legendary, I may as well pick the nasty spelling. Plus I had no desire to be called Philip or Phil for short. And any incarnation seemed to be less pretentious than Pre. But you know way more than all of that than I do - the only place I may have a chance of beating you is in the actual race.

concerned
02-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Excellent. Just what I need. One more web site to waste time on.

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
I figured since it's (as you say) probably legendary, I may as well pick the nasty spelling. Plus I had no desire to be called Philip or Phil for short. And any incarnation seemed to be less pretentious than Pre. But you know way more than all of that than I do - the only place I may have a chance of beating you is in the actual race.

For the record, my kids love to watch that show Pheidippides and Ferb.

GUBA
02-19-2013, 11:55 AM
I will say this. If this place devolves into a litany of dickish posts and never ending smart-ass comments I don't think I will stick around. So far so good though. I am happy to be here.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Excellent. Just what I need. One more web site to waste time on.

It offers relaxation from your taxing mental tasks and will improve performance.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I will say this. If this place devolves into a litany of dickish posts and never ending smart-ass comments I don't think I will stick around. So far so good though. I am happy to be here.

That will not happen here. Take it to the bank.

cowboy
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm not a Ute fan, but I'm camping on my moniker. I'm also here because JIC is a friend of mine, and I'm also friends with several of the other posters that will likely frequent this board. I mean it when I say good luck with this site despite the little brotherish name. Also, no matter how badly you may want to, don't ever change the name, as changing the name of an established product is the third worst marketing blunder one can make (the first being advertising hair gel at a monster truck rally, followed by selling condoms at a Lilith Fair event as a close second.)

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM

I think Pip sounds great, and is much easier to type than that crazy name you chose. Welcome, Pip!

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I think Pip sounds great, and is much easier to type than that crazy name you chose. Welcome, Pip!

Don't be a dick, LA. :D

SgtUte
02-19-2013, 12:07 PM

Like a certain "Meh" poster on UFN? Gets old over there, huh?

Pheidippides
02-19-2013, 12:11 PM

If he was paying attention he would have chosen 'Dipp anyway. And I'm cool with that.

OrangeUte
02-19-2013, 12:24 PM

You shouldn't find that here. There'll be an occasional flare up, but if it's too absurd, we will nip it in the bud. We are committed to making this place an excellent forum for Utes to discuss sports, religion, lifestyle, the arts, and everything else, and won't let you down!

Jeff Lebowski
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM

Hey, I want some credit for crashing CougarStadium.com at the same time you folks rolled out your site.

Back up and running but since I switched to a new web hosting service, the URL might not be resolving for some of you. But you can use this URL to get directly to the site in the time being:

http://199.193.245.230/~cougarut/

I am now using the same web hosting service that JiC is using for this site, so if it doesn't work out, at least we can commiserate together.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM
So who's going to compose the welcome questions?

Thia place needs a Peolegrino ASAP.

Also mp never try to Internet high five/fist bump or any other celebratory show of kinship. I notice you don't show any Duck love in your loyalties.

Moliere
02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Congrats to my Utes friend on their new board. Anything would be an upgrade over UFnet and hopefully this place can be as awesome as CUF was/is/will continue to be.

One thing. The color scheme is perfect for this site. There are two tones of red, which reminds me of the mismatched red tones between the Utes helmets and jerseys.

DanielLaRusso
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Don' try to censor me GUBA.

Solon
02-19-2013, 12:51 PM

Phil's okay. Great groundhog name.

Glad to have you here, Pheid.

GUBA
02-19-2013, 12:54 PM
That will not happen here. Take it to the bank.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

mpfunk
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Thia place needs a Peolegrino ASAP.

Also mp never try to Internet high five/fist bump or any other celebratory show of kinship. I notice you don't show any Duck love in your loyalties.

That was a huge oversight on my part. The Ducks are my secondary college football team. I want them to win every game except for when they are playing the Utes.

GUBA
02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Don' try to censor me GUBA.
I won't censor I will just leave. :)

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
That was a huge oversight on my part. The Ducks are my secondary college football team. I want them to win every game except for when they are playing the Utes.

Internet high five privileges restored, you are going to have to ear fist bump though.

FMCoug
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm not clever enough to come up with a new board name so I kept it the same. Although it is geographically based from where I lived almost 10 years ago. Most know me from other boards so I'll keep this brief. Never attended either BYU or the U but major BYU fan. LDS convert but somewhat of a heretic. Known for my disdain towards the state of Utah, where ironically I live. I considered CafeRioSucks, NotAUmo, and InButNotOfUtah as monikers. Why does my enter button not work in this editor?

Tokolosh
02-19-2013, 01:21 PM
We are committed to making this place an excellent forum for Utes to discuss sports, religion, lifestyle, the arts, and everything else, and won't let you down!

This warms my heart. Perhaps, if things go well, I will stop getting asked "why does a Ute post here" on other non-Ute locales.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM

My name is not Richard. :p

UBlender
02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm here.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm here.

And we are glad!

Diehard Ute
02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Most of you know me, or at least know of me.

Not a U grad, but a Ute through and through. Started attending basketball 33 years ago, Football 30 years ago a d gymnastics 22 years ago. Still attend all 3

Went to USU as my degree wasn't offered at Utah, graduated in '99 after earning a reputation as the USU student who would show up to be USU/Utah games in Ute gear.

Been on the forums as Diehard Ute since the days when Ohio Ute owned the board, before U-Ute took over.

I also own the College Gymnastics Forum, although with my work schedule I don't spend much time there these days.

Oh yeah, I used to take care of the athletic fields at the U from '99 to '01

mpfunk
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm here.

Now get my other brother-in-law to sign up.

mpfunk
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM

Not a U grad, but a Ute through and through. Started attending basketball 33 years ago, Football 30 years ago a d gymnastics 22 years ago. Still attend all 3

Went to USU as my degree wasn't offered at Utah, graduated in '99 after earning a reputation as the USU student who would show up to be USU/Utah games in Ute gear.

Been on the forums as Diehard Ute since the days when Ohio Ute owned the board, before U-Ute took over.

I also own the College Gymnastics Forum, although with my work schedule I don't spend much time there these days.

Even though you are an avalanche fan, feel free to stop by the NHL thread.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM

It's soooo good to have you here!

Joe Public
02-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Hey, everyone. Best wishes with the new board!

BYU71
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
I had planned on being UTAH72 here, but someone beat me to it. Being Utah is my second favorite team, I think I will enjoy this site and participating in being part of a BCS board.

Please don't try to test my BYU loyalties vs Utah. Second favorite is a distant second.

Jeromy in SLC
02-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Awesome board!! Ran into this board via Utefans.net. Graduated from Hillcrest High in 1996 and STILL haven't finished all of my college at the U, yet..... I'm married with three kids and am a Sergeant with a local(SL area) police dept. Love all thing Utah!!!!

War UTAH!!!!

Hey Sgt, where are your seats? Your view of the press box looks similar to mine. We are W10, Row 17.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 02:26 PM
I had planned on being UTAH72 here, but someone beat me to it. Being Utah is my second favorite team, I think I will enjoy this site and participating in being part of a BCS board.

Please don't try to test my BYU loyalties vs Utah. Second favorite is a distant second.

Welcome. I needed someone here who's older than me. And there's no need to be rude about that "distant second" thing. You were doing so well until that point!

Jeromy in SLC
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Smitty,

Welcome to the board. As fellow Ute/Seahawk fan, I can overlook your allegiences with the Dead Sox.

Smitty, don't let him give you grief about the Bo Sox. I can show you pictures of his Roger Clemens baseball card collection.

BYU71
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome. I needed someone here who's older than me. And there's no need to be rude about that "distant second" thing. You were doing so well until that point!

Thanks for the welcome and you are welcome for making you feel young. I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to prevent any future offending comments. Guess we don't have to worry about that anymore.

UBlender
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm here.

So I guess we're doing the bio thing. Most of you probably already know me from other forums as I use the same username on each one (or @UBlender44 on twitter--I guess there's another UBlender out there so I had to add the KVH tribute to my handle). I have been on ufn for a long time but now I just generally stop by once a day and scroll through the smartassery to see if there is anything interesting--don't post too much over there anymore, more active on twitter and utezone lately.

BS and MAcc from the David Eccles School of Business ('05 and '06, respectively). I was able to experience the Muss (note, this is not an acronym!) in basketball during the awesomeness of the late '90s (even though it wasn't called the Muss then) and the fantastic Urban Meyer era in football.

I'm now Manager of Internal Audit for a financial institution, following a few years of public accounting and a stint with a large bank.

I was once told by someone on another forum that I am a minutiae guy, so I will probably post some geeky stuff about the Utes every now and then. I will also post some baseball (Cubs!), some NBA (Jazz???) and some indie music (so Redbird and Daniel LaRusso and I can compete with the hockey thread for thread with fewest users).

UBlender
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Now get my other brother-in-law to sign up.

He'll be here, but he'll probably play hard-to-get for a spell. He's kind of a diva like that....

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome and you are welcome for making you feel young. I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to prevent any future offending comments. Guess we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Since many people here may not be well-acquainted with the way '71 and I often interact, I was kidding here and '71 is super-welcome. He wasn't rude, either.

UBlender
02-19-2013, 02:33 PM

Is this a good place to recommend putting it in a bowl of rice? Is that still funny? Was it ever funny?

Jarid in Cedar
02-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Is this a good place to recommend putting it in a bowl of rice? Is that still funny? Was it ever funny?

Magic 8 ball says: No (to all 3)

BYU71
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Since many people here may not be well-acquainted with the way '71 and I often interact, I was kidding here and '71 is super-welcome. He wasn't rude, either.

And for those that don't know, I knew it was a friendly jab and didn't hurt for very long.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 02:45 PM

We may need to put in a filter for the phrase "bowl of rice."

sharpone
02-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Hello all. I'm more of a lurker on the other boards, so you won't find many posts. Figured a new board was a good place to make my presence a bit more known. A little about me. I attended the U from 2002-03, didn't graduate. Put my schooling on hold to start a family and career. It was the right choice, but I do hope to finish some day and get that piece of paper. I'm in the software industry, worked on both sides of the wall - operations and development. Currently I'm in development, as a software architect and thoroughly enjoying it.

Like many of you, I grew up in a family of mixed allegiance, to BYU, UU and even a little USU sprinkled in. I was a Y fan growing up, but when I became a man, I put away childish things, learned the error of my ways and thus began my Ute fandom. I guess I should be embarrassed by that, but many of us are sort of raised to cheer for the teams that their parents like so it wasn't until I started thinking for myself that I really decided where I wanted to place my support. I'm mostly a football fan, but I've been trying to get into basketball a little bit lately. I never did play football in any official capacity, so everything I know about the sport has come from watching and reading. I'm always interested to hear insights from those who did play. I have 4 young daughters, and they are getting into gymnastics so maybe I'll get interested in that sport as well as they get older. Who knows maybe they can get good and compete for the Red Rocks some day, a father can always hope.

That's about it for now. GO UTES!

Flystripper
02-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Is that a Utefans.net thing? I don't get it.

SgtUte
02-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey Sgt, where are your seats? Your view of the press box looks similar to mine. We are W10, Row 17.

W10 Row 30. First row above the portal.

Jeromy in SLC
02-19-2013, 02:55 PM
W10 Row 30. First row above the portal.

Awesome. I'll have to stop by and say "Hi" sometime this fall.

mpfunk
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Smitty, don't let him give you grief about the Bo Sox. I can show you pictures of his Roger Clemens baseball card collection.

I strongly believe that it should be a written rule of this website that every Red Sox fan should be given grief.

DanielLaRusso
02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I was once told by someone on another forum that I am a minutiae guy, so I will probably post some geeky stuff about the Utes every now and then. I will also post some baseball (Cubs!), some NBA (Jazz???) and some indie music (so Redbird and Daniel LaRusso and I can compete with the hockey thread for thread with fewest users).

Wait, wait, wait....someone actually noticed that I put music on the other board?!

Also, I refuse to introduce myself.

chrisrenrut
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi everybody!

I have been a sparse contributor but voracious consumer of other Ute related message boards. Been a Ute fan all my life, since listening to games in the 70's with my dad (wild Bill Marcroft on KALL 700), and attending games. My dad worked for the athletic department part time, so as kids, we would show up to games 2-3 hours early and play catch on the rock-hard astroturf, and then move to the grass at the south side of Rice Stadium once the team came out for warmups.

I like all sports, but haven't developed any fierce loyalties to any team other than the Utes. And I find as I grow older, i am more pragmatic with my fandom, not letting the wins and losses affect me as much as they did when I was younger. I am trying to find more enjoyment out of the escape from life's worries that sports can provide.

I live in SoDaCo (south Davis County). I work for a large bank in middle management. It sounds like it sucks, but i enjoy what I do and the people I work with, and it pays the bills. At 40, I have found an enjoyable way to be an empty nester with my wife of 16 years. I married into an instant family, my step kids are grown, and we have 5 grandkids.

I look forward to great conversations and perspectives on this board.

UtahDan
02-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi everybody!

I have been a sparse contributor but voracious consumer of other Ute related message boards. Been a Ute fan all my life, since listening to games in the 70's with my dad (wild Bill Marcroft on KALL 700), and attending games. My dad worked for the athletic department part time, so as kids, we would show up to games 2-3 hours early and play catch on the rock-hard astroturf, and then move to the grass at the south side of Rice Stadium once the team came out for warmups.

I like all sports, but haven't developed any fierce loyalties to any team other than the Utes. And I find as I grow older, i am more pragmatic with my fandom, not letting the wins and losses affect me as much as they did when I was younger. I am trying to find more enjoyment out of the escape from life's worries that sports can provide.

I live in SoDaCo (south Davis County). I work for a large bank in middle management. It sounds like it sucks, but i enjoy what I do and the people I work with, and it pays the bills. At 40, I have found an enjoyable way to be an empty nester with my wife of 16 years. I married into an instant family, my step kids are grown, and we have 5 grandkids.

How do you say your handle?

chrisrenrut
02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
How do you say your handle?
Just call me Chris.

Mormon Red Death
02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi everybody!

Wow I think I might know you. You go to Olympus? If Not welcome always

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

big z
02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm Z, I currently work for the USAF at Hill AFB and next month will hit my 14th year of service to Mother Air Force.

I have 2 great kids, and am entering my 12th season as a season ticket holder in the North End Zone.

EutawStUtesFan
02-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Great to find another Ute oriented site, you guys have done a great job, love the format.

I'm more of a lurker that occasionally chimes in with weak attempts at sarcasm. Converted Ute fan since '91, went to the U for 3 years, never graduated. My biggest interest are Ute football, basketball and baseball. Season ticket holder in football and basketball and try to get to as many baseball games as I can.

Thanks for putting this site together and Go Utes!

chrisrenrut
02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Wow I think I might know you. You go to Olympus? If Not welcome always

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

No, I went to Viewmont, where Alex Smith went (in case anyone was going to disparage Viewmont, Senioritis).

DU Ute
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi, my name is DU Ute. You might remember me from such message board escapades as CougarUteForum.com: What the Hell Were We Thinking? and Utefans.net: The Slow March Into the Abyss.

DanielLaRusso
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
No, I went to Helix, where Alex Smith went (in case anyone was going to disparage Viewmont, Senioritis).

Fixed that for ya.

Hadrian
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
I am 19 and currently in my second year at the U where I have been undeclared until now. I will be a mechanical engineering major this Fall and I probably won't graduate for at least three more years. I am a member of the Utah drumline, so I go to almost all of the football games (nine of twelve last season).

I have been a lurker on utefans.net for some time but I never created an account. I'm so glad that there is now a Utah fan forum that doesn't use an outdated layout. I even found myself reading USU fans almost as much as utefans because of the far superior layout and accessibility. I do have an account on BlockU (ObviouslyUnaffiliatedFan) and on ESPN.com (UteDrummer8893). I chose the name "Hadrian" because he's my favorite Roman emperor and he was an all around interesting chap.

I was born in Bryan/College Station, TX so my second favorite team is Texas A&M. I'm not really interested in pro sports, aside from wanting to see former Utes succeed.

SteelBlue
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Y grad who has considered this board's founders his friends for several years now. Hope it's ok if I drop in now and then.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi, my name is DU Ute. You might remember me from such message board escapades as CougarUteForum.com: What the Hell Were We Thinking? and Utefans.net: The Slow March Into the Abyss.

;).

redpatty
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi all,

Congratulations on the new site. I love the format and look forward to the extended discussions this type of format produces.

I didn't attend the "U", but have paid enough tuition for my children that I think I qualify anyway. We've had season football tickets since 1989 and also have season gymnastics tickets.

It would appear that I may have distinguished myself as the very first female signee. I can already tell that you gentlemen won't hold that against me. :)

I wish you great success and Go Utes!!

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Y grad who has considered this board's founders his friends for several years now. Hope it's ok if I drop in now and then.

The consensus prediction around here is that you will be a well-behaved poster. Don't make us look bad.

big z
02-19-2013, 06:22 PM

Are you bringing your brother with you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

SoonerCoug
02-19-2013, 06:29 PM
My name is SoonerCoug. I would prefer a softer red or maroon. This particular red is hard on the eyes.

clackamascoug
02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I've enjoyed the company of many here, and I would hate to see it end.

Is my coug centric name welcome here?

SoCalPat
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Fixed that for ya.

He meant Alex Jensen, not Alex Smith.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
I've enjoyed the company of many here, and I would hate to see it end.

Is my coug centric name welcome here?

Welcome! Housebroken Cougar fans are all welcome here. Others will be sent to the doghouse.

chrisrenrut
02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
He meant Alex Jensen, not Alex Smith.

Yep, my mistake.

Snowman
02-19-2013, 07:20 PM
These are some well-written introductions. I feel like a slouch.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Nah. We're happy you are here.

The Thrill
02-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Hello all. Been a long time UF.N guy, 10 years. Those who know me know I'm a huge stats guy, I like to bring a numerical look at how the teams fare and consistencies or otherwise.

I've been a football season ticket holder for ten years as well. North 25 represent! Basketball and gymnastics regular, occasional volleyball, softball, baseball....etc...

Huge Alan Parsons fan, I dare you to say you're a bigger fan. I'll try to bring what I can to this board in my own way.

Go Utes

wuapinmon
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Others will be sent to the doghouse.

The cathouse would be more apropos. And fun.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Hello all. Been a long time UF.N guy, 10 years. Those who know me know I'm a huge stats guy, I like to bring a numerical look at how the teams fare and consistencies or otherwise.

I've been a football season ticket holder for ten years as well. North 25 represent! Basketball and gymnastics regular, occasional volleyball, softball, baseball....etc...

Huge Alan Parsons fan, I dare you to say you're a bigger fan. I'll try to bring what I can to this board in my own way.

Go Utes

Wow! The great new members keep rolling on in. Welcome!

Scratch
02-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi all, website looks great, nice job. I grew up just south of the U going to games with my old man, East High grad, graduated from the U in '02 and went back east for law school. Work at a firm in Newport Beach now, and it kills me to only get to a couple of games a year.

I'm also the more attractive, smarter, better smelling, and funnier younger brother of DU Ute. It's kind of like the movie Twins, only I showed up 16 months later.

Randal Graves
02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't post much anymore now that I don't have a desk job, but I figured I would sign up even if I mostly lurk. I've been mostly known as ewth8t on the other boards, but decided to go with my other message board handle here.

I'm a life long cougar fan, my Dad started taking me to football games when I was 6 and haven't missed a home game since. When I was 8, I tried cheering for Utah when they weren't playing BYU, but then the following week Scott Mitchell and the Utes killed us, so to be safe, I have rooted against them in every game since. :)

Virginia Ute
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Hello, I'm Virginia Ute, same one from UF.net or CB. I really shouldn't have found another message board that I have to check, but here I am :). A lot of familiar posters on here are ones that I've liked from other boards....

I was raised a BYU fan by my dad, but converted to Utah along with 2 of my brothers, in high school. I am a Weber grad, and I am currently in grad school in VA.

Thanks for havin me!

DrumNFeather
02-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Always good to have Virginians around. Welcome!

UTEopia
02-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I grew up in SLC in the Sugarhouse area and then later in the Skyline area, graduating from Skyline in 1975. Graduated from the U in 1982 and from law school at BYU in 85. Practiced law in San Diego for a few years and then with a couple of different SLC firms. No longer practice law. My wife and 3 of my 4 kids also graduated from the U. My youngest is the biggest U fan of them all, but attends USU. Have some great and not so great memories of Utah athletic events over the years. The best undoubtedly have to be the Final Four, Fiesta Bowl and Sugar Bowl. All were great fun to be a part of. The worst, a road trip to Laramie in the snow coupled with a loss as well as numerous butt kickings by BYU in the 70's and 80's.

hostile
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I've been a Utah fan for as long as I remember. My dad played for Jack Gardner in the 60's; A younger brother played as a walk-on for Majerus; My BIL played for Coach Mac. I finished undergrad at the U in '94, grad school in '98 and after a few years on the east coast returned to Salt Lake for work. I get to as many games as work allows and my wife keeps involved with the museum of natural history and KUED.

LA Ute
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
I grew up in SLC in the Sugarhouse area and then later in the Skyline area, graduating from Skyline in 1975. Graduated from the U in 1982 and from law school at BYU in 85. Practiced law in San Diego for a few years and then with a couple of different SLC firms. No longer practice law. My wife and 3 of my 4 kids also graduated from the U. My youngest is the biggest U fan of them all, but attends USU. Have some great and not so great memories of Utah athletic events over the years. The best undoubtedly have to be the Final Four, Fiesta Bowl and Sugar Bowl. All were great fun to be a part of. The worst, a road trip to Laramie in the snow coupled with a loss as well as numerous butt kickings by BYU in the 70's and 80's.

Welcome. For those who don't know, UTEopia was one of the early fixtures and wise men on UF.net. In addition to being a scarily knowledgeable football fan, he shares with me the distinction of having known, in his youth, the great Moroni Schwab -- a name known only to a highly-favored few.

480ute
02-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Coming over from Utefans also. Feel like I'm cheating on my significant other a bit, but I figure I can split my time between both places. Chris does a great job over there, and it looks like you guys have started things off right over here. Anyway, thanks for the site, and I look forward to mixing it up with you all.

Oh, BTW, I've always hated the name 480ute, but I figured I'd keep it since there are so many uf.n guys over here. Just an FYI.

DU Ute
02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi all, website looks great, nice job. I grew up just south of the U going to games with my old man, East High grad, graduated from the U in '02 and went back east for law school. Work at a firm in Newport Beach now, and it kills me to only get to a couple of games a year.

I'm also the more attractive, smarter, better smelling, and funnier younger brother of DU Ute. It's kind of like the movie Twins, only I showed up 16 months later.

You aren't funnier than me. I just checked utefans, and we have roughly the same number of archived posts and messages, but one of us has almost 4 times the posts as the other. You are Pete Rose to my Ty Cobb.

CardiacCoug
02-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Nice job with the site, Jarid. Impressive and a bunch of members -- off to a great start with some good people here.

I'm obviously a BYU fan -- not sure I'll post much but I'll probably lurk a little. Good luck with the site!

Jarid in Cedar
02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Nice job with the site, Jarid. Impressive and a bunch of members -- off to a great start with some good people here.

I'm obviously a BYU fan -- not sure I'll post much but I'll probably lurk a little. Good luck with the site!

Thanks Cardiac.

Scratch
02-20-2013, 12:17 AM
You aren't funnier than me. I just checked utefans, and we have roughly the same number of archived posts and messages, but one of us has almost 4 times the posts as the other. You are Pete Rose to my Ty Cobb.

You just crossed a big line. No one compares me to the most overrated player in the history of baseball. Especially not someone who had a bash brothers poster (and not the forearm shiver one, the one with them on the hood of a car in suits at home plate) and who openly admired Mark McGwire's perm. How'd that work out for ya?

Devildog
02-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Nice work in getting this place set-up. Looks great, love the red.

Viking
02-20-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi guys. I am primarily making sure one of my brothers or friends doesn't grab Viking and make an ass out of me (something I'm perfectly capable of doing myself), and since my virtual suicide on whatever the other board is now called (which also seems to be committing virtual suicide, just more slowly), I can't be expected to be active here.

I have no connection to Utah other than my family name, Kingsbury (yes, that guy was my great g-pa).

Good luck.

kute
02-20-2013, 07:03 AM
checking in. I graduated from the U in 1989 and after living in California, Texas, and Oregon moved back to SLC where I can enjoy viewing the Utes in person. I am raising 3 future Utes.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm Z, I currently work for the USAF at Hill AFB and next month will hit my 14th year of service to Mother Air Force.

I have 2 great kids, and am entering my 12th season as a season ticket holder in the North End Zone.

My brother (The Thrill) and I enjoyed was fun meeting you at the game sunday! Talk about random occurances in the universe!

Where are your tickets at? We are all in N25 row 15. We sit just a ways down from GarthUte, but don't hold that against him. He's a good guy!

I hope you stick around!

U-Ute

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 08:59 AM

Go Utes

Don't make me come over there.

You need to give us an efficiency stats for the team this year. I'm guessing Loveridge is at the top. The quiet assassin.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi guys. I am primarily making sure one of my brothers or friends doesn't grab Viking and make an ass out of me (something I'm perfectly capable of doing myself), and since my virtual suicide on whatever the other board is now called (which also seems to be committing virtual suicide, just more slowly), I can't be expected to be active here.

I have no connection to Utah other than my family name, Kingsbury (yes, that guy was my great g-pa).

Good luck.

He sounds like he was a great guy.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Since I have 3 posts in a row, I thought I'd swing for the fences and make it 4...

I've always posted as U-Ute. The name came about when I signed up on YOhio's board (mid 90s? It's all a blur now) because our season basketball tickets were in section UU at the time. Lame, but I'm not very good at naming things. I let my wife name the 4 kids, which was definitely the right thing to do. Otherwise they'd probably be named things like Vector or Cache. But I digress...

I briefly ran the board when YOhio's board suddenly disappeared in '97, and then when my ISP went under, Webmonkey offered to take it over. The rest, as they say, is history...

I graduated from the U in 93 in Computer Science. Married a beautiful girl who was more adept at naming things the same year. She graduated from the U a few years later and proceeded to, among other useful things, name our progeny. I am a computer programmer that has been in the field of video games for a little over 15 years now. It was a great cover story to keep playing them ("But honey, competitive research!") before I had kids ("But honey, quality time with the kids!").

Old man moment: Before the web came around in the early 90's there was Usenet. I used to be one of the few lone few voices on rec.sports.basketball.college and rec.sports.football.college that would talk about Utah sports. I believe Comrade Crimson and Diehard Ute were the only other ones out there at the time. My how we've grown! Now get off my lawn!

Now that I read this, I've spent too much time scribing and lamenting about Utah sports over the years. So I'm not sure whether to thank Jarid for giving us an outstanding forum, or to curse him for being such an enabler to my addiction.

Scratch
02-20-2013, 09:23 AM

P.S. Thanks for conceding more attractive, better smelling, and smarter.

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 09:24 AM

The Red Sox died that fateful day in 1997. DIED! Forever to be known as the Dead Sox.

Jeromy in SLC
02-20-2013, 09:30 AM
The Red Sox died that fateful day in 1997. DIED! Forever to be known as the Dead Sox.

Our PED users were better than your PED users

SavaUte
02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
I graduated from the U in 2005 in marketing.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Needs more Muave. And cow bells. Chicks dig cow bells.

SoCalCoug
02-20-2013, 09:53 AM
I am SoCalCoug. It has nothing to do with BYU. I'm a 40-something single woman looking for young, virile guys.

Okay, not really. I went to BYU for 8 years (including a wasted pre-mission freshman year and law school) and am related (through my wife) to the BYU linebacker who beat the crap out of the Ute fan in the stands back in the 90's. But my wife is a Ute, and my family has long been friends with the Whittinghams (lived across the street from them in the 70's - I have a couple of good stories about them), so it's hard to utterlly despise the U.

I'm here because I have enjoyed the interaction with the guys who started this site over on CUF, and I was not at all happy when they changed the name. If that change means I have to hang out on another site (even with all this awful red), then so be it.

Just as I hope CUF (I refuse to use the new name) doesn't turn into another Cougarboard (that's my main issue with the new name), I hope this site can be more like the old CUF. I think we get too caught up in the sports rivalry and forget that regardless of our school affiliation, due to either location (ties to Utah) or religion, we have a lot in common.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
I am SoCalCoug. It has nothing to do with BYU. I'm a 40-something single woman looking for young, virile guys.

Okay, not really. I went to BYU for 8 years (including a wasted pre-mission freshman year and law school) and am related (through my wife) to the BYU linebacker who beat the crap out of the Ute fan in the stands back in the 90's. But my wife is a Ute, and my family has long been friends with the Whittinghams (lived across the street from them in the 70's - I have a couple of good stories about them), so it's hard to utterlly despise the U.

I'm here because I have enjoyed the interaction with the guys who started this site over on CUF, and I was not at all happy when they changed the name. If that change means I have to hang out on another site (even with all this awful red), then so be it.

Just as I hope CUF (I refuse to use the new name) doesn't turn into another Cougarboard (that's my main issue with the new name), I hope this site can be more like the old CUF. I think we get too caught up in the sports rivalry and forget that regardless of our school affiliation, due to either location (ties to Utah) or religion, we have a lot in common.

You had me at Whittingham...

Welcome! I hope you stick around then since I think you'd be a great step in helping us to foster that kind of environment.

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
I like this place, it is neat. It feels right.

NorthwestUteFan
02-20-2013, 10:01 AM

Welcome SavaUte.

Question: Is Trans Siberian Orchestra a positive evolution of, or a damaging regression of, Savatage? (I am a big fan of the Oliva brothers and Al Pitrelli).

SavaUte
02-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome SavaUte.

Question: Is Trans Siberian Orchestra a positive evolution of, or a damaging regression of, Savatage? (I am a big fan of the Oliva brothers and Al Pitrelli).

I think it ended up being the natural evolution of Savatage listening to Dead Winter Dead, Wake of Magellan, even Edge of Thorns started to show it. I take and love TSO simply because its the closest I can come to seeing Savatage live these days. Sadly, you'll never hear Power of the Night at a TSO show

crazyute
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
i unfortunately have not had the pleasure of attending the fine university of utah. i however did grow up in west valley and have attended utah sports since i was 5 years old. i have had season tickets to football for 8 years but unfortunately am not able to keep them anymore. as i got a promotion at work and won't have the time for it (head football coach at the high school i work at).

i am excited about a ute site where we can talk utah and hope the snobishness stays away at utefans. loving the web layout.

GO UTES!!!!

DU Ute
02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
You just crossed a big line. No one compares me to the most overrated player in the history of baseball. Especially not someone who had a bash brothers poster (and not the forearm shiver one, the one with them on the hood of a car in suits at home plate) and who openly admired Mark McGwire's perm. How'd that work out for ya?

It's really too bad they never made a cool, iconic movie themed poster of Andres Thomas and Glen Hubbard.

P.S. Thanks for conceding more attractive, better smelling, and smarter.
I didn't feel like I had to. No one really believes anything you are saying.

DanielLaRusso
02-20-2013, 10:54 AM
i am excited about a ute site where we can talk utah and hope the snobishness stays away at utefans. loving the web layout.

GO UTES!!!!

Interesting. I never thought of UFN as snobbish...more the Cousin Eddie of Ute fandom.

big z
02-20-2013, 11:20 AM
My brother (The Thrill) and I enjoyed was fun meeting you at the game sunday! Talk about random occurances in the universe!

Where are your tickets at? We are all in N25 row 15. We sit just a ways down from GarthUte, but don't hold that against him. He's a good guy!

I hope you stick around!

U-Ute

Im over in N23, Row 2

480ute
02-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Interesting. I never thought of UFN as snobbish...more the Cousin Eddie of Ute fandom.
I've always thought of it more like the reddit of Ute fandom.

UtahDan
02-20-2013, 11:53 AM
I've always thought of it more like the reddit of Ute fandom.

Reddit is the perfect analogy. Sometimes I'm in the mood for reddit. But after lots of years using vBulletin, I also like having a new thought or something new happening and thinking "didn't we talk about that a couple months ago..., " searching for the old thread and bumping it. That is pretty nice .

That is a very slick avatar by the way.

Applejack
02-20-2013, 12:03 PM

This site needs more bigfoot.

utahby5
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Hello all, thanks for naming this board after me. I have been lurking behind the moniker "utahby5" on UF.N for many years and dabbling with lurking at CUF. As has been documented in another thread I got my moniker from Barberi and his catch phrase of the 1980s. I live in Layton but grew up in Salt Lake (Olympus HS). For you genealogy buffs, I'm related to Mormon Red Death and ummm, tooblue (blacksheep BYU fan of the family) but only by marriage. My in-laws mustered up all the good looking genes and had one daughter. You all can be the judge of their sons. Here's to the success of this new board.

utebehindenemylines
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Hello all. I graduated from the U in 2000 with a degree in political science. Since then I have moved back to the DC area, where I am from, and have a law practice that straddles Northern and Central Virginia. I am an avid fan of the Utes, especially football, and also rabidly root for all of the DC professional sports franchises.

I love to talk sports, politics and religion and have done a little of each on the podcast I co-founded along with DC Ute and others at www.mormonexpositor.com (http://www.mormonexpositor.com).

Go Utes!!!!

I will be moving to DC in June. Looking forward to meeting some of the other Utes in the area!

NorthwestUteFan
02-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Welcome UB5! We have a very strong contingent here from Oly.

480ute
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Reddit is the perfect analogy. Sometimes I'm in the mood for reddit. But after lots of years using vBulletin, I also like having a new thought or something new happening and thinking "didn't we talk about that a couple months ago..., " searching for the old thread and bumping it. That is pretty nice .

That is a very slick avatar by the way.
Yeah, totally didn't mean that in a negative way. I love me some utefans, but it will be nice to have an alternative outlet when my mood calls for it. Oh, and thanks for the avatar comment, but I just stole that off google images.

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Yeah, totally didn't mean that in a negative way. I love me some utefans, but it will be nice to have an alternative outlet when my mood calls for it. Oh, and thanks for the avatar comment, but I just stole that off google images.

Where do you think most of us get ours?

UtahDan
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I will be moving to DC in June. Looking forward to meeting some of the other Utes in the area!

My wife and I love getting together with folks we know from the message boards. Drop us a line when you arrive.

480ute
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Well, if you're a nerd with photoshop, like me, you could make your own, which I have in the past.

PaloAltoCougar
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Thought I'd stop by and drop off a housewarming gift (you might want to open a window after I leave). The site looks fine and I have immense respect for its founders. I was a regular on Utefans a decade ago, and while I bemoan the fact that HodSanders and a few others from that era won't be here, this has potential to be as good or better than that site in its prime. Urban Meyer's success resulted in a kind of Mariel Boatlift influx of frontrunners and trashtalkers with little respect for a nicely turned phrase, substituting puerile quips for witty repartee. That said, one trash talker I really miss is BloodSimplex. I'd welcome a greatest hits from that guy's archive. We should all go shirtless in his honor at the next joint activity (which I expect we'll have).

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Thought I'd stop by and drop off a housewarming gift (you might want to open a window after I leave). The site looks fine and I have immense respect for its founders. I was a regular on Utefans a decade ago, and while I bemoan the fact that HodSanders and a few others from that era won't be here, this has potential to be as good or better than that site in its prime. Urban Meyer's success resulted in a kind of Mariel Boatlift influx of frontrunners and trashtalkers with little respect for a nicely turned phrase, substituting puerile quips for witty repartee. That said, one trash talker I really miss is BloodSimplex. I'd welcome a greatest hits from that guy's archive. We should all go shirtless in his honor at the next joint activity (which I expect we'll have).

Thanks for dropping by PAC. I suspect a golf tourney may be in order.

Expat
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Expat checking in. Used to read everything at UFN, but haven't been a regular there for years. Hoping to stay more connected.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Welcome UB5! We have a very strong contingent here from Oly.

1987 in the house. Oly Oly O!

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Expat checking in. Used to read everything at UFN, but haven't been a regular there for years. Hoping to stay more connected.

Welcome. I hope you find the board to your liking.

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM

What? You didn't do yours in MSPaint like me?

:eek:

U-Ute
02-20-2013, 01:00 PM

Jarid! This guy talks funny! Can we ban him?

J/K. Love your posts from the very beginning. I agree that BloodSimplex and Hod Sanders need some sort of internet shrine in their honor.

Mormon Red Death
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello all, thanks for naming this board after me. I have been lurking behind the moniker "utahby5" on UF.N for many years and dabbling with lurking at CUF. As has been documented in another thread I got my moniker from Barberi and his catch phrase of the 1980s. I live in Layton but grew up in Salt Lake (Olympus HS). For you genealogy buffs, I'm related to Mormon Red Death and ummm, tooblue (blacksheep BYU fan of the family) but only by marriage. My in-laws mustered up all the good looking genes and had one daughter. You all can be the judge of their sons. Here's to the success of this new board.

There goes the neighborhood.

3UteDad
02-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Just thought I'd peek my head in and say howdy. I've been poking around the forum for a couple of days, and think you guys have done a nice job with the initial set-up, congrats!

A bit about me...I did not attend Utah, my ties to the school are through my 3 kids...all are Ute grads. My oldest daughter was a swimmer, and my son worked in the athletic department for a few years after he graduated. I moved to Utah from Wisconsin roughly 25 years ago, and started going to football and basketball games, and adopted Utah as my team.

I've been a viewer over at ufn for a long time, and an occasional poster the last few years. I recognize many names on the members list, but see a lot of names I've never heard of...look forward to sitting back and observing for a while and seeing how things work out.

I think the Ute fanbase is diverse and probably somewhat quirky to people looking in from the outside. I hope the forum overlords intend to run the site as a big tent, and have a light touch on the moderation (at least when possible). Good luck and thanks for creating another Ute landing spot!

Drunk tank
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Just thought I'd drop by to see what's going on. Congrats on the new board Jarid! Everything looks nice on my phone at least. I'll stick my head in here every once in a while just because.

LA Ute
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Just thought I'd peek my head in and say howdy. I've been poking around the forum for a couple of days, and think you guys have done a nice job with the initial set-up, congrats!

A bit about me...I did not attend Utah, my ties to the school are through my 3 kids...all are Ute grads. My oldest daughter was a swimmer, and my son worked in the athletic department for a few years after he graduated. I moved to Utah from Wisconsin roughly 25 years ago, and started going to football and basketball games, and adopted Utah as my team.

I've been a viewer over at ufn for a long time, and an occasional poster the last few years. I recognize many names on the members list, but see a lot of names I've never heard of...look forward to sitting back and observing for a while and seeing how things work out.

I think the Ute fanbase is diverse and probably somewhat quirky to people looking in from the outside. I hope the forum overlords intend to run the site as a big tent, and have a light touch on the moderation (at least when possible). Good luck and thanks for creating another Ute landing spot!

I recognize you from UF.net. Welcome. We do plan big tent. To us, there are only two kinds of poster: Those who treat other with decency, and those who do not. The former will always be welcome here!

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Welcome 3utedad. This was a fantastic introduction

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Just thought I'd drop by to see what's going on. Congrats on the new board Jarid! Everything looks nice on my phone at least. I'll stick my head in here every once in a while just because.

Thanks DT. Feel free to bring by some of your barbecueing mastery anytime you wish.

Slim
02-20-2013, 04:39 PM
1987 in the house. Oly Oly O!

My blood runs green. 1998 here.

BioUte
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
BioUte here. I graduated from the U in Biology (hence the BioUte). My wife and I met at the U, she graduated in Business. She was also my inside source into the athletic department, as she worked there while in school.

I mainly lurk, but have been a part of various ute forums (espn/utefans/utezone etc) since my freshman year at the U in 1999.

I'm a dentist and I am currently attached to a light infantry brigade in the 3rd ID (my avatar). I'll actually be heading out to the Hindu Kush next week, so I'll be relying on this forum to feed my Ute sports addiction for the next 9 months.

Thanks for setting up the forum.

UtahDan
02-23-2013, 08:08 PM
BioUte here. I graduated from the U in Biology (hence the BioUte). My wife and I met at the U, she graduated in Business. She was also my inside source into the athletic department, as she worked there while in school.

I mainly lurk, but have been a part of various ute forums (espn/utefans/utezone etc) since my freshman year at the U in 1999.

I'm a dentist and I am currently attached to a light infantry brigade in the 3rd ID (my avatar). I'll actually be heading out to the Hindu Kush next week, so I'll be relying on this forum to feed my Ute sports addiction for the next 9 months.

Welcome and good luck out there!

UtahDan
02-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks DT. Feel free to bring by some of your barbecueing mastery anytime you wish.

Amen.

Jarid in Cedar
02-23-2013, 08:31 PM

Good Luck and thank you for your service to our country.

Viking
02-24-2013, 04:17 AM
BioUte, you should change your handle to "Captain Cavity" or "General Nitrous"

I have an attorney who became a brigadier gen in the army reserves. He tells me the advantages of being a practitioner while staying in the reserves are awesome

LA Ute
02-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Good luck and thank you, BioUte. Good to see you here.

dfb32
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
I have been a lurker at several boards mainly CUF, but thought I would give this a shot. I grew up in the valley as a diehard Utah fan. I went to USU for my undergrad '09 and Northern Illinois for my master's in accounting '10, but I will always be a Ute first.
I look forward to the board. So far it looks great.

U-Ute
02-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I have been a lurker at several boards mainly CUF, but thought I would give this a shot. I grew up in the valley as a diehard Utah fan. I went to USU for my undergrad '09 and Northern Illinois for my master's in accounting '10, but I will always be a Ute first.
I look forward to the board. So far it looks great.

Welcome! We hope you are able to shed your lurker status with us!

Smileyguy1
02-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello,

As some above have stated, I also am a long time lurker at Ufn but can stand the layout so I don't post. I graduated from the U in 2006 with a BS in Finance, and spent last season in the NEZ. I LOVE Utah football am looking forward to another exciting season. I like the layout on this board and hope to contribute more often.

Scorcho
02-26-2013, 06:30 PM
thank you for setting up this site!

Ute Dawg
02-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Guess I can add my intro. I used to post on sites quite a bit over the years at utefans, utezone and scout and loved to post practice reports until I moved to Nebraska for law school.

I've been back in Utah since 2009 and am taking over my father's law practice this year so if I can swing it I will check out once in a while to post some practice reports here.

I have four boys (oldest is 7) and am proud to say that all of them are currently wearing some sort of Ute attire as they are sitting with me on the sofa right now.
Thanks to the creators of this new forum as I am already enjoying it quite a bit.

Jarid in Cedar
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Couple of welcomes. Scorcho, glad you found us. I was starting to wonder if you would make it over.

Ute Dawg, glad you hear that you are back. I remember your practice reports, and look forward to seeing them again.

Smileyguy1, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your time here.

LA Ute
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Ditto to Jarid's welcomes. Scorcho, we were afraid we'd lost you!

OrangeUte
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Guess I can add my intro. I used to post on sites quite a bit over the years at utefans, utezone and scout and loved to post practice reports until I moved to Nebraska for law school.

I've been back in Utah since 2009 and am taking over my father's law practice this year so if I can swing it I will check out once in a while to post some practice reports here.

I have four boys (oldest is 7) and am proud to say that all of them are currently wearing some sort of Ute attire as they are sitting with me on the sofa right now.
Thanks to the creators of this new forum as I am already enjoying it quite a bit.

Keep your boys away from huskyfreenorthwest. He messed one of my sons up and turned the kid into a duck.

Newbomb Turk
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Hadn't seen this thread before. I guess this is where we introduce ourselves. If you have been on uf.n, then you already know that I'm a chucklehead. If not, you will figure that out as soon as I make some more posts here. If you frequent the tailgate lot, stop by and see me. Our group is in E46-E57. I'm the guy who looks like he needs to eat a sandwich.

LA Ute
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Hadn't seen this thread before. I guess this is where we introduce ourselves. If you have been on uf.n, then you already know that I'm a chucklehead. If not, you will figure that out as soon as I make some more posts here. If you frequent the tailgate lot, stop by and see me. Our group is in E46-E57. I'm the guy who looks like he needs to eat a sandwich.

You can't fool us, Turk. Chucklehead, my eye! Welcome!

Freaky Girl
02-27-2013, 10:52 AM

Ha Ha! My favorite chucklehead!! Good to see you, Turk.

OceanBlue
03-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Hello all, I found out about this site from CUF. I have no affilation with either Utah or BYU. My HS junior may change that one day. I love college rugby and the State of Utah happens to the center of all things rugby in the USA imho. Our family has visited Utah's national parks and Temple Square and we have freinds from our ward who have kids that go to school out in Utah. Our ward is popular in the summer for DC and Virginia types who like the beach. The website layout is very appealing.

Jarid in Cedar
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Hello all, I found out about this site from CUF. I have no affilation with either Utah or BYU. My HS junior may change that one day. I love college rugby and the State of Utah happens to the center of all things rugby in the USA imho. Our family has visited Utah's national parks and Temple Square and we have freinds from our ward who have kids that go to school out in Utah. Our ward is popular in the summer for DC and Virginia types who like the beach. The website layout is very appealing.

Welcome Oceanblue! I enjoy your rugby posts. I know Hostile and Wally are the big rugby guys around these parts. Feel free to get a thread started. Maybe others will join in.

SuperGabers
03-03-2013, 10:33 PM

Did someone say Virginia? Where are you located OceanBlue? OBX?

And... two...

OceanBlue as in the band, or more in reference to my first question?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

OceanBlue
03-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Did someone say Virginia? Where are you located OceanBlue? OBX?

And... two...

OceanBlue as in the band, or more in reference to my first question?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

OBX is the location and yes the handle is location as well. Not familiar with the band by that name. Has your family been to our ward ?

UTR UTE
03-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I guess I should finally come out of lurker status on one of these boards. I have been a fan of the U since growing up in the 80's in Payson surrounded by Cougar fans. I graduated in 05' (BS & BA) and now serve on the Young Alumni Board. I was first introduced to Uf.n by uteaholicslc when we had classes together at the U. I hope to contribute more to this site and get to know some of you. The site looks great and I look forward to contributing where I can and getting all the great information from the board.

mUUser
06-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Really enjoyed reading the poster bios. So, in that same spirit here I go....

How did you pick your Moniker?
The Dunham and Miller show on the ticket in DFW is known as The Musers....or The Gentle Musers. I altered it to the mUUsers for my moniker.

How did you discover UB5?
From CUF.

Where have you lived?
A little here. A little there. Have settled down in the south.

What are your sports loyalties?
Born a Ute. Married a Ute. So, I'm a Ute. While corny, my real passion is with my kids sports, but am not one that gets in their faces, or pushes them etc..... I'm never loud at their games, and never harass them after their games. Time with them is too short and precious for that crap. I just have the privilege to travel around with them and enjoy. In a general context, I can't get enough of baseball at any level or FP softball, followed closely by football.

What do you do for a living?
At home dad. I was fortunate enough to marry well.

Religious affiliation?
LDS. Baptized at 8 but then my parents went inactive a year or two later, and so did I. Didn't go on a mission, but basically lived as though I would. Didn't take up drinking, swearing, romancing the ladies etc....After I met my wife at Utah I did just enough in the church to be married in the SL temple, and that's been my MO ever since...doing just barely enough to stay off any "lists"...over 25 years. I really don't enjoy church, but I love my wife more than I dislike church so do the minimum it takes to go to the temple with her. She understands that I'm simply trying to endure till the end, and doesn't hassle me about anything. She's great that way and deep down kinda likes that I'm edgier than her church friends husbands. My kids seem to enjoy that side of me too, and so far hasn't hurt their testimony. OTOH, I'm sure it hasn't helped their testimony either.

Applejack
06-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Really enjoyed reading the poster bios. So, in that same spirit here I go....

How did you pick your Moniker?
The Dunham and Miller show on the ticket in DFW is known as The Musers....or The Gentle Musers. I altered it to the mUUsers for my moniker.

How did you discover UB5?
From CUF.

Where have you lived?
A little here. A little there. Have settled down in the south.

What are your sports loyalties?
Born a Ute. Married a Ute. So, I'm a Ute. While corny, my real passion is with my kids sports, but am not one that gets in their faces, or pushes them etc..... I'm never loud at their games, and never harass them after their games. Time with them is too short and precious for that crap. I just have the privilege to travel around with them and enjoy. In a general context, I can't get enough of baseball at any level or FP softball, followed closely by football.

What do you do for a living?
At home dad. I was fortunate enough to marry well.

Religious affiliation?
LDS. Baptized at 8 but then my parents went inactive a year or two later, and so did I. Didn't go on a mission, but basically lived as though I would. Didn't take up drinking, swearing, romancing the ladies etc....After I met my wife at Utah I did just enough in the church to be married in the SL temple, and that's been my MO ever since...doing just barely enough to stay off any "lists"...over 25 years. I really don't enjoy church, but I love my wife more than I dislike church so do the minimum it takes to go to the temple with her. She understands that I'm simply trying to endure till the end, and doesn't hassle me about anything. She's great that way and deep down kinda likes that I'm edgier than her church friends husbands. My kids seem to enjoy that side of me too, and so far hasn't hurt their testimony. OTOH, I'm sure it hasn't helped their testimony either.

Welcome, MussUser! Keep stickin' around.

(Mods - shouldn't these intros be separate threads?)

Jarid in Cedar
06-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Great intro mUUser. You have been one is my favorites from the old site. Glad you finds this one to your liking

LA Ute
06-15-2013, 09:25 AM
What Jarid said. Glad you're here, mUUser.

bestellen
05-21-2017, 02:37 AM

LA Ute
05-22-2017, 10:04 AM

Nah. You're welcome even if you don't make stuff up like the rest of us.

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:13 AM
Free Porn Pictures and Best HD Sex Photoshttp://chaeroompornezel.sexjanet.com/?jasmine massive cumshot porn tube porn games hentai hotties in porn tiny young girl porn rund and brown shyla porn hub

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:15 AM
New super hot photo galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://chesterville.anal.jsutandy.com/?keeley hardcore party free porn why husbands look at porn torri black porn young teen gay porn movies free eboony porn sites

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:17 AM
Scandal porn galleries, draily updated listshttp://claiborne.sexjanet.com/?trista ppanda porn movies black porn thubs lil dani porn private porn tracker free porn vids clips

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:21 AM
Hot galleries, thousands new daily.http://anastasya.pornbellcenter.miyuhot.com/?riya unidentified porn free jessica lynn porn holiday ameture porn amateur lesbian pron aaron summers the porn star

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:27 AM
New project started to be available today, check it outhttp://porn.librarianschignik.adablog69.com/?tara asktiva porn search sugar mama porn bos porn free amature lesbian porn videos best amature porn site

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:28 AM
Hot galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://amtuervideopornturtlelake.lexixxx.com/?jena milg porn free black women porn pics free hentai mp4 porn videos kim possbile porn galleries top ten best looking porn stars

jonathanfj69
09-09-2021, 04:33 AM
Teen Girls Pussy Pics. Hot gallerieshttp://3dpornbigtits.delmuerto.alypics.com/?viviana porn tubes directories russland porn big natural breast porn 3d preten cartoon porn tranny porn women free videos