PDA

View Full Version : Roy Moore and Alabama

U-Ute
11-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Time to talk about this guy....

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/11/10/no-bottom-roy-moore-republicans/

It was a pathetic and infuriatingly stupid display of all-out ignorance. Led, of course, by State Auditor Jim Zeigler, who never misses an opportunity to insert himself into a controversy. To justify Moore’s alleged sexual assault of a minor, and his pursuit of teenagers when he was in his 30s, Zeigler turned to the Bible, to the story of Jesus’ parents. “Take Joseph and Mary,” Zeigler said to a reporter from the Washington Examiner. “Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became the parents of Jesus.”

Daniel Dale, a Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star, attempted to call several of Alabama’s GOP county chairmen. Of the eight he managed to get on the phone, not a single one denounced Moore’s alleged behavior.
Two of those county chairmen — Bibb County’s Jerry Pow and Covington County’s William Blocker — actually told Dale that they’d vote for Moore over Doug Jones even if they had hard evidence that Moore committed sexual assault.
Even. If. They. Had. Proof.

I know the South is its own place, but what in the hell is going on down there?

NorthwestUteFan
11-10-2017, 02:38 PM
http://wbrc.images.worldnow.com/images/23436446_BG1.jpg

This statue is called Four Spirits. It is a memorial for the four girls who were killed when the 16th Street Baptist Church was bombed by the KKK.

The Democratic candidate in the Senate race, Doug Jones, was the US Attorney who indicted and prosecuted the two remaining bombers, leading to their convictions. (Jones also prosecuted Eric Rudolph for the of an abortion clinic in Birmingham, before extraditing him to Georgia to stand trial for the Olympic bombing).

And yet (as of yesterday), Roy Moore led the race by 9 points. Rammer Jammer, Alabammer!

sancho
11-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Time to talk about this guy....

I know the South is its own place, but what in the hell is going on down there?

This is not unique to the South. People in any part of the country would vote for their party over the other party in this circumstance. Even. If. They. Had. Proof.

concerned
11-10-2017, 03:33 PM
if you voted for Trump, how is voting for Roy Moore any different?

LA Ute
11-12-2017, 10:45 PM
if you voted for Trump, how is voting for Roy Moore any different?

He only admitted to sexually assaulting adults?

Ma'ake
11-14-2017, 08:42 PM
I liked the comparison of Roy Moore to Joseph and Mary.

Moore's inability to remember the 14 year old, along with Sessions' own faulty memory, suggest Scott Pruitt really should look at the drinking water in Alabama.

Fortunately, we have "Roy Moore, DA"'s signature in the young lady's yearbook to help the incoming Senator remember.

Trump may be conflicted - is he happy to have somebody else getting negative attention, or is he jealous that Moore was sweet talking teenage girls, to the point of being banned from shopping malls?

LA Ute
11-15-2017, 06:24 AM
How Roy Moore’s Misdeeds Are Forcing an Awakening on the Left

By Jeff Greenfield

Are liberals having a moral awakening? Watching the political contortions of Republicans to defend a candidate accused of sexually molesting teenage girls, Democrats and liberal pundits are reckoning publicly with their own history of fervid rationalizations on behalf of a recent president. But this should be just the beginning of a painful re-examination....

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/14/roy-moore-allegations-bill-clinton-democrats-215825

LA Ute
11-15-2017, 06:33 AM
Thank Liberals if Moore Survives

Yet Goldberg cannot keep herself from seeing a truth that was evident during the Clinton presidency to anyone with eyes to see: Bill Clinton was a sexual reprobate whose ascension to the Democratic nomination after the revelation of his relationship with Flowers during the primaries was a hinge moment in American history.

No one before him would’ve survived it. He did by denying it hotly — and was saved from perdition’s flames by his Hillary. She sat there on “60 Minutes” and supported him even as she said she wasn’t the type of woman who’d just “stand by her man.” Later, Clinton acknowledged the five-year Flowers affair in testimony before an independent counsel.

n 1998, when the news of his liaison with Lewinsky became public, the Clintons did it again. Bill said he did not have sexual relations with Miss Lewinsky, and Hillary went on the “Today Show” and said her husband had unjustly been placed in the target sights of a “right wing conspiracy.”

If you want to know how Roy Moore of Alabama might survive these charges against him and win the Senate race in December, look no farther than Hillary Clinton’s words. Again, replace “right wing” with “left wing” (or “GOP establishment”) and you have the entirety of Moore’s defense.

The Clinton play in the wake of the Lewinsky revelation was to signal to their supporters and the entire Democratic liberal-left that any crack in their defense of him would allow a Puritanical right-wing flood to engulf the country.

And anyway, even if you believed he’d done it, what had he done? It was a peccadillo, really nothing more than the sainted JFK had done in his tragically shortened time in the Oval.

Moore is saying exactly the same thing to conservatives.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/14/thank-liberals-if-roy-moore-survives-the-charges-against-him/

NorthwestUteFan
11-15-2017, 06:43 AM
The Republicans are all in for the tax cut, aren't they? Even if it costs them every remaining scintilla of moral authority they had left. Is this where we have come to as a society?

It is simply unbelievable.

LA Ute
11-15-2017, 07:33 AM
The Republicans are all in for the tax cut, aren't they? Even if it costs them every remaining scintilla of moral authority they had left. Is this where we have come to as a society?

It is simply unbelievable.

No fair changing the subject.

concerned
11-15-2017, 09:08 AM
I just hope against hope that Trump will have to echo McConnell and say whether he finds the women credible or not. That would be delicious.

LA Ute
11-15-2017, 09:31 AM
I just hope against hope that Trump will have to echo McConnell and say whether he finds the women credible or not. That would be delicious.

Indeed it would. But I can't resist saying I'd love to see Bill or Hillary Clinton say the same thing. I ask your forgiveness.

sancho
11-15-2017, 09:35 AM

Each party seems to take great comfort in knowing that the other party is also corrupt. Race you to the bottom!

concerned
11-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Indeed it would. But I can't resist saying I'd love to see Bill or Hillary Clinton say the same thing. I ask your forgiveness.

Fine by me. And while we are at it, ask all the Congressional Republicans if they find Moore's accusers credible but not Trump's.

U-Ute
11-15-2017, 10:21 AM
No fair changing the subject.

Yes. Please can we only handle one forcible sexual assault discussion at a time.

concerned
11-15-2017, 01:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOpLbcQUEAAgsp6.jpg

Hannity is predicting Hillary Clinton to get to the Final Four and win it all.

LA Ute
11-15-2017, 01:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOpLbcQUEAAgsp6.jpg

Hannity is predicting Hillary Clinton to get to the Final Four and win it all.

What a bozo.

Ma'ake
11-15-2017, 06:55 PM

"Senator Moore" would become an invaluable marketing battering ram for Democrats, and along with Trump would end the "party of morals" false high-ground the GOP has been cultivating for decades.

LA Ute
11-15-2017, 07:24 PM
"Senator Moore" would become an invaluable marketing battering ram for Democrats, and along with Trump would end the "party of morals" false high-ground the GOP has been cultivating for decades.

That's the primary reason they are desperate to keep him at arm's length.

NorthwestUteFan
11-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Changing the subject, but staying on topic:

A Congresswoman today (apologies, I can't recall her name) said that two of her colleagues are sexual assaults. One is a D, one is an R. I will not be surprised to see plenty more of them come out of the woodwork in the coming days/months. Do not be surprised if people we admire on either side of the aisle get outed in the near future.

The Weinstein (Cosby, Spacey, Ratner, Louis CK, etc, etc) stories are forcing an interesting and hopefully positive change in the way we support victims and call out victimizers.

We truly live in interesting times, and I think the world will end up being better for it.

Ma'ake
11-16-2017, 07:07 AM
I agree with NWU - the horror stories about "men behaving badly" (trying to be charitable toward my fellow Y Chromosome carriers) are causing all kinds of interesting social and individual introspection, 95% of it well justified.

Beyond the true offenses, *some* women are claiming victimization from even untoward glances, years in the past, while more than a few men are questioning if they've done harm by doing as Jimmy Carter confessed, looking at women through lustful eyes.

Just as the Civil Rights Act helped lay the foundation for Trump's rise and the Klan marching on Charlottesville - sans masks - there could be an eventual backlash to all this, along the lines of:

"Y'all feel 'objectified' by red blooded American men being MEN? Well, then that's the way it's going to be! If you want status and economic security for your kin, bring your loveliest daughters for possible selection to Barron Trump's harem!"

And they will come forth, accordingly.

LA Ute
11-16-2017, 07:12 AM
Interesting perspective from someone much more conservative than I am:

What this pro-life, deeply conservative and anti-establishment Alabama voter decided about Roy Moore

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/j-pepper-bryars-pro-life-deeply-conservative-anti-establishment-alabama-voter-decided-roy-moore/

(Hint: He’s not voting for Moore.)

Scorcho
11-16-2017, 09:43 AM
http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/6616/sites/320/2017/11/15155723/leeann-airplane-pic.jpgand a new allegation

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46199355&nid=157&title=radio-anchor-says-franken-forcibly-kissed-her-amid-uso-tour

seems like just the tip of the iceberg with this stuff, but I'm glad people finally feel empowered enough to voice their allegations.

LA Ute
11-16-2017, 11:18 AM
http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/6616/sites/320/2017/11/15155723/leeann-airplane-pic.jpgand a new allegation

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46199355&nid=157&title=radio-anchor-says-franken-forcibly-kissed-her-amid-uso-tour

seems like just the tip of the iceberg with this stuff, but I'm glad people finally feel empowered enough to voice their allegations.

Does anyone else here wonder if this cascade of reports will result in people becoming desensitized to the problem? I hope that does not happen..

U-Ute
11-16-2017, 02:33 PM

A Congresswoman today (apologies, I can't recall her name) said that two of her colleagues are sexual assaults. One is a D, one is an R. I will not be surprised to see plenty more of them come out of the woodwork in the coming days/months. Do not be surprised if people we admire on either side of the aisle get outed in the near future.

The Weinstein (Cosby, Spacey, Ratner, Louis CK, etc, etc) stories are forcing an interesting and hopefully positive change in the way we support victims and call out victimizers.

We truly live in interesting times, and I think the world will end up being better for it.

It sounds like Washington may finally be getting it's so desperately needed enema.

Two Utes
11-16-2017, 03:21 PM

In some ways yes, of course. But as lawyer, I'm pretty damn troubled by allegations of wrongdoing that occurred in 1986.

Moore is a nutbag and having so many accusers certainly suggests wrongdoing, but as to many other allegations, are we really ruining careers over other allegations of inappropriate conduct that allegedly ocurred over 20 years ago?

People's memories are not as good as they think they are. People recall what they want to recall about certain events. Especially those that are 20 to 30 years old.

For lawyers, email is a great thing. Because it was made at the time and can't be erased or changed. It shouldn't surprise anybody that emails oftentimes contradict the memories of witnesses (meaning either people don't recall events well or remember what they want to remember in order to help their cause.) Emails always impress upon me how much people get facts wrong based on memory either because they are lying or don't remember well, or both.

There will be backlash and in my opinion rightfully so. But as to those folks who have multiple accusers, it easy to find one dishonest person, but it gets a lot harder finding 6--especially when there isn't any money in it for all of them

LA Ute
11-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Al Franken's absolutely awful apology (http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/franken-apology/index.html?sr=twCNN111617franken-apology0317PMVODtop)

LA Ute
11-16-2017, 06:57 PM

sancho
11-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Al Franken's absolutely awful apology (http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/franken-apology/index.html?sr=twCNN111617franken-apology0317PMVODtop)

Was it really that awful? I mean, he apologized. I'm not sure I buy the idea that someone's initial reaction to something is a window into their soul.

Anyway, he apologized. Not sure he will be forgiven. Like any politician, he's completely replaceable.

Ma'ake
11-16-2017, 07:26 PM

I agree with the article, it was a crappy apology, but if there was no witness, or no other corroborating evidence - eg, victim told others about incident, soon after the event - then where are we with he said/she said allegations?

Body cams for everyone?

sancho
11-16-2017, 07:39 PM
I agree with the article, it was a crappy apology

I think criticizing apologies is something of a new American pastime. I'm glad the people close to me accept my apologies without picking them apart.

LA Ute
11-16-2017, 09:45 PM
I think criticizing apologies is something of a new American pastime. I'm glad the people close to me accept my apologies without picking them apart.

Could you post some of them here so we can critique them for you? I think you’d find the input quite valuable.

sancho
11-16-2017, 09:58 PM
Could you post some of them here so we can critique them for you? I think you’d find the input quite valuable.

I'm sorry, they aren't very good.

mUUser
11-16-2017, 10:51 PM

Yeah it was one of those "I'm not sorry, I'm only sorry I got caught" apologies. Lame & unbelievable.

I hope every single creep in politics gets called out, and, if warranted, charged with crimes. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone with a wife or daughters (or a mother they love and admire) could vote for anyone that has documented history of sexual harassment -- including Clinton (at minimum the second election), Trump in 2016, and now Moore and Franken. I'm sure many others will follow. Hillary falls under this umbrella as well as she enabled Bill's behavior, and, ruthlessly went after anyone who dared to threaten Bill's presidential ambitions. Absolutely no integrity at all.

Rocker Ute
11-17-2017, 07:11 AM
Was it really that awful? I mean, he apologized. I'm not sure I buy the idea that someone's initial reaction to something is a window into their soul.

Anyway, he apologized. Not sure he will be forgiven. Like any politician, he's completely replaceable.

Chris Cillizza has become a drama queen on CNN. His favorite pastime now is writing the breakdowns of Trump’s tweets or things like Al Franken’s apology. Usually there are about 20 points he breaks down, 2-5 of them are relevant, and the rest are pretty infantile.

Unfortunately I fall for the clickbait each time when the headline is, “Things you need to understand about Trump’s Asian nation visits.” Then it is this crap.

All that being said, the apology sounds a lot like The Onion’s headline that said something like, “Al Franken vows to make up for sexual harassment during next 4 Senate terms.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA Ute
11-17-2017, 07:27 AM
From Politico:

Florida Democratic Party chair apologizes after 6 women complain of 'demeaning' behavior (https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2017/11/16/florida-democratic-party-chair-apologizes-after-6-women-complain-of-demeaning-behavior-118364)

TALLAHASSEE — Six former Florida Democratic Party staffers and consultants say that current party Chairman Stephen Bittel has created an unprofessional workplace environment for women that includes persistent inappropriate comments, leering at young women and even inviting them on his private jet.

The women, who were reached independently by POLITICO and insisted on anonymity out of fear for their jobs, said Bittel never inappropriately touched or threatened them. But he made them feel so uneasy that they didn’t want to be alone with him due to his body language, suggestive remarks and even the breast-shaped stress squeeze-ball he has been known to keep on his desk.

Depending on the circumstance and the person discussing Bittel, they said he would make references about women cooking dinner, showing their breasts, their age, whether they wanted to ride on his plane, come to his hotel room or if they thought he was attractive.

“There was a lot of boob stuff in his office,” said a woman who was a fundraiser years ago and had to interact with him.

I am sure he'll be resigning soon. Won't he? After all, Democrats don't tolerate such things.

LA Ute
11-18-2017, 05:51 AM
Very interesting short piece on this.

What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-11-17/what-to-ask-when-decades-old-harassment-surfaces

UTEopia
11-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Very interesting short piece on this.

What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-11-17/what-to-ask-when-decades-old-harassment-surfaces

As a 61 year old man who has some dirty jokes, inappropriate comments and inappropriate actions in my past, I agree with the sentiments expressed by the author.

NorthwestUteFan
11-18-2017, 12:25 PM
The generation of us who were raised on Benny Hill reruns probably were culturalized to believe that anything we could get away with was good, clean fun. And anything over the line earned a slap. Most of us stayed a safe distance away from that line in most situations, but of course while dating things sometimes were more confusing and fluid.

That Al Franken picture is a good example of the damaging effects of that cultural 'norm'. He is obviously not touching her, but is only 'honking' the air over her chest. And she is wearing a thick Kevlar and bulletproof plastic flak jacket, so he couldn't touch her directly anyhow.

But that is irrelevant, because she still felt violated. The emotional and psychological effect of the act is not lessened in any manner than if he had actually touched her. It is still a violation, and always has been. The difference now is that women are more empowered to actually stand up and say NO, and actually be allowed to articulate the reasons they dislike the situation.

In the Benny Hill paradigm women are fragile emotional psychological beings who are silly and irrational, but with sexual bodies who should be required to 'give it up' to The Man, because he is The Man and biology demands it.

But women are more that simply sexual beings, who are slaves to biology. They are complex, sophisticated beings, typically with less physical strength than men but usually with more strength than men in other important areas, who are just sick and tired of the cultural power dynamic that holds them down.

I think a very good experiment for men to try is this: wear a thin, clingy, synthetic golf shirt without an undershirt on a cool day. Walk around feeling self-conscious of your nipples poking out. Notice how everybody else also sees those nips. Then think what it would feel like to be sexualized by everybody around you, just because they are sizing you up.

Ma'ake
11-19-2017, 03:32 PM
I am sure he'll be resigning soon. Won't he? After all, Democrats don't tolerate such things.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders' response to being asked about Franken's misdeed vs the legion of accusers against the President was "the difference is Franken admitted wrongdoing, where the President has not!"

Tactical lesson for Democrats: Deny, deny, deny... play the legal game, hire people to find dirt on accusers, turn the tables, and by all means, stay on the attack!

Of course, these tactics have been used by Democrats before, most notably Bill Clinton. He survived being impeached by deftly playing the cards, after all.

Meanwhile, selective application of values leads Republicans who might be on the verge of objecting to whatever Trump has done (or soon will do) by parading out some SCOTUS possibilities, and pliant Republicans sit right back down, smiling.

LA Ute
11-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Tactical lesson for Democrats: Deny, deny, deny... play the legal game, hire people to find dirt on accusers, turn the tables, and by all means, stay on the attack!

Hold on for just a doggone minute there, young feller. Isn’t that the technique the Clintons perfected? With the enthusiastic support of the party and the liberal commentariat?

LA Ute
11-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Maureen Dowd spares no one here, right, left, or Trump.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/opinion/sunday/the-hillary-effect.html?referer=http://www.drudgereport.com/

Ma'ake
11-20-2017, 07:04 AM
Hold on for just a doggone minute there, young feller. Isn’t that the technique the Clintons perfected? With the enthusiastic support of the party and the liberal commentariat?

Lol - didn't I point that out?

Is the nation better off for those tactics? I would say "no".
(The same could be said for the overall opinion of lawyers.)

But the "good of the nation" aspect began its exit, circa Nixon.

Ma'ake
11-20-2017, 07:26 AM
The Alabama race can be reduced to two alternatives:

* Common decency

* Southern defiance of what outsiders think Alabamans should do (with some sprinkling in of "it's all about the SCOTUS, folks!")

Lynyrd Skynyrd gave a preview just over 43 years ago:

"
Now Watergate it does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?"

In his choice of targets, Trump reveals his preference: Getting into a fight with LaVar Ball (who is just as crazy as Trump) and yesterday going after Marshawn Lynch (who gave the Utes a pep talk a few years ago in Seattle)... but relative silence on Moore.

Flake is right. Does the Republican party start to reassert its place as a respectable institution in the American political landscape, or will the Trump-Moore hellbeast signal a whipsaw oscillation back toward the Democrats (with no help from the Dem Party) in 2018, as the Cook Report is suggesting.

Alabama Governor Kay Ivey says she's inclined to believe the women, but the issue of getting another conservative (white nationalist?) appointed to the SCOTUS is too important to *not* vote for Moore.

"
Sweet home Alabama, oh, sweet home baby
Where the skies are so blue and the governor's true"

mUUser
11-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Maureen Dowd spares no one here, right, left, or Trump.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/opinion/sunday/the-hillary-effect.html?referer=http://www.drudgereport.com/

Zero tolerance. As an electorate, we must not cast our vote for a known predator/harasser. Clinton, Clinton, Trump, Moore, Franken. They all have to go.

Sullyute
11-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Zero tolerance. As an electorate, we must not cast our vote for a known predator/harasser. Clinton, Clinton, Trump, Moore, Franken. They all have to go.

I can agree with you on that. Vote them all out.

U-Ute
11-21-2017, 10:16 AM
My belief is that many Alabama Republicans will vote for Moore. They will see him as the "lesser of two evils", and blame the local establishment for not producing a better Republican candidate.

Since they rationalize the blame, they won't feel guilty about voting for him.

Basically, "I wouldn't vote for Moore if there was another Republican candidate to vote for, but since I can't he's my only option."

Ma'ake
11-24-2017, 09:15 AM
My belief is that many Alabama Republicans will vote for Moore. They will see him as the "lesser of two evils", and blame the local establishment for not producing a better Republican candidate.

Agree.

As a very general, indirect dog whistle signal to Republican voters in Alabama, Trump's responded to a sports writer's tweet about the President's dustup with LaVar Ball as being in a general pattern of attacking minority athletes (NFL players, Steph Curry, et al):

"Make America Great Again!"

Ie, "hey Alabama voters, remember who I'm battling against, on your behalf. Repay me with a dependable vote in the Senate, and I'll make it worth your while, as together we 'Make America Great Again' ".

Trump supporters in general also hear "I'm making America Great Again by calling out ungrateful minorities who've gained while you've suffered, you the Real Americans that made this nation great, and who will be elevated again, under my watch".

For everyone else, the response is a great big "WTH kind of response is *that*? Does he just trot out his campaign slogan when somebody corner's him with uncomfortable truth?"

U-Ute
11-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Project Veritas, the group behind many discredited videos, tried to sting the Washington Post, but got busted instead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.c8d840933b00

The Post did not publish an article based on her unsubstantiated account. When Post reporters confronted her with inconsistencies in her story and an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. The organization sets up undercover “stings” that involve using false cover stories and covert video recordings meant to expose what the group says is media bias.

James O’Keefe, the Project Veritas founder who was convicted of a misdemeanor in 2010 for using a fake identity to enter a federal building during a previous sting, declined to answer questions about the woman outside the organization’s offices on Monday morning shortly after the woman walked inside.

LA Ute
12-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Good for them.

Cory Gardner: The NRSC 'Will Never Endorse' Roy Moore

http://www.weeklystandard.com/cory-gardner-the-nrsc-will-never-endorse-roy-moore/article/2010758

LA Ute
12-12-2017, 04:57 AM
The Senate couldn’t refuse to seat Roy Moore. But it could kick him out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-senate-cant-refuse-to-seat-roy-moore-but-it-could-kick-him-out/2017/12/11/70a70038-dea1-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.e26048ddb0de

Here’s hoping.

U-Ute
12-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Judgement day is upon Alabama.

All you need to know.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/everything-you-need-to-know-about-alabamas-senate-election/

U-Ute
12-14-2017, 09:41 AM
The whole interview is a train wreck, but this is priceless.

FxqzJLq

https://youtu.be/hqEA03v3OtQ?t=535

NorthwestUteFan
12-14-2017, 01:41 PM
The juxtaposition of Moore claiming God is in charge, but that he still wants a recount, is just delicious.

U-Ute
12-14-2017, 03:10 PM
The juxtaposition of Moore claiming God is in charge, but that he still wants a recount, is just delicious.

God wants a recount. Don't question.

Diehard Ute
12-14-2017, 03:26 PM
God wants a recount. Don't question.

Yeah. She can’t believe that many people voted for Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthwestUteFan
12-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Yeah. She can’t believe that many people voted for Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGod is a black woman, and she is proud of the rest of Alabama right now.

LA Ute
12-14-2017, 11:51 PM
This is a good piece:

Last Night, the New South Defeated the Old South

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454619/roy-moore-lost-new-south-defeats-old-south

concerned
12-15-2017, 09:14 AM
This is a good piece:

Last Night, the New South Defeated the Old South

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454619/roy-moore-lost-new-south-defeats-old-south

That reminds me: I heard an Alabama resident of the new south on the radio the other day. He said: "At the end of WW II, Atlanta and Brrmingham were the same size. Atlanta built an airport, we went with Bull Connor. The rest is history."