PDA

View Full Version : Please change the name of this site.

SoonerCoug
02-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Would you consider changing the name of this site to cougaruteforum.com?

CougarStadium is not even functioning right now, and I think you have a unique opportunity to claim the combined cougar-ute CUF market while they are down.

San Diego Ute Fan
02-25-2013, 01:31 PM
For the love of all that is holy, Nooooooooooooooooo.

LA Ute
02-25-2013, 01:34 PM
:rofl:

Applejack
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
SoonerCoug, you are most welcome here and will find many a kindred spirit. You really should have been a Ute fan all along, if not for the accident of birth.

LA Ute
02-25-2013, 01:38 PM
SoonerCoug, you are most welcome here and will find many a kindred spirit. You really should have been a Ute fan all along, if not for the accident of birth.

AJ speaks the truth.

SeattleUte
02-25-2013, 01:40 PM

CougarStadium is not even functioning right now, and I think you have a unique opportunity to claim the combined cougar-ute CUF market while they are down.

lol you're the bets.

Applejack
02-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Now go and get YOhio to partake.

SoonerCoug
02-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Bump

Moliere
02-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Bump

Seriously, how did Lebowski go from message board guru to inept in like 3 days? It's like UB40 is the kryptonite of CUF.

GarthUte
02-26-2013, 07:14 AM

No way, man. This board is Ute-centric. But I'll support your effort to start up a new CUF.

Jeff Lebowski
02-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Seriously, how did Lebowski go from message board guru to inept in like 3 days? It's like UB40 is the kryptonite of CUF.

This board needs some middle finger smilies.

I woke up and noticed that the board was upgraded to v4.2 (upgrade is being performed by the web hosting company) and it seemed to be working fine. Then I refreshed it and got a database error. Not sure what is going on.

LA Ute
02-26-2013, 07:40 AM

I woke up and noticed that the board was upgraded to v4.2 (upgrade is being performed by the web hosting company) and it seemed to be working fine. Then I refreshed it and got a database error. Not sure what is going on.

It's clear that you are being smitten.

(Typed with a smile, and if you were here I'd clap you on the shoulder.)

Moliere
02-26-2013, 07:41 AM

I'm guessing that the new web hosting company that JiC referred you to is not all it's cracked up to be. In fact, it's probably owned and operated by T.D. Croshaw CPA.

big z
02-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Really is there a need for a CUF?

wally
02-26-2013, 07:50 AM

This is total bullshit. It is like when you were a kid your dad lets you win at checkers or something and swears it was for real. JL is the benevolent father-figure trying to help us achieve a decent cougar presence and mixed culture on this board at the expense of looking inept. His moves are calulated and deliberate, and for our good even though some may not understand them, and even rail against the dude, at the present time.

Jarid in Cedar
02-26-2013, 07:56 AM

that is ultimately why Jeff change the name of his site.

wally
02-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Bump

Did you know that on your location you wrote "Loan" and dreary world? Maybe it has always been "loan" instead of "lone" and I am just now noticing. Just thought I'd point that out.

SoonerCoug
02-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Did you know that on your location you wrote "Loan" and dreary world? Maybe it has always been "loan" instead of "lone" and I am just now noticing. Just thought I'd point that out.

Thanks. I fixed it.

Applejack
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Yes! Here are a few reasons why it is good to have some Cougars around:

1. They keep us honest. Have you seen the thread where people are discussing how Utah will get 10 wins next year? That thread needs some CougJunkie.
2. They are much better at epic meltdowns. When Utah has a basketball season like '11-'12, Ute fans collectively curl into the fetal position. BORING. Cougar fans, on the other hand, eat their own.
3. They are funny. There is some great humor amongst the Cougar crowd. Why not share a smile?
4. We are linked. Even if you buy into the Colorado-as-rival meme, BYU is still our rival. What makes the rivalry unique is that for many of us, our lives are intertwined - and that is not just for Ute fans that are mormon. Whether at work/church/school/internet/yard-sales we are constantly faced with our enemy. The reality is that our fan bases are basically the same group of people, with some notable differences on the thin edges of the distribution. There are a lot of overlapping interests for both groups: recruiting, rivalry games, coaching changes, etc. I like diverse voices on these things.

I, for one, think that having rival fans is of vital importance. It keeps this place from becoming an echo chamber.

U-Ute
02-26-2013, 09:39 AM

I agree! 205

This is total bullshit. It is like when you were a kid your dad lets you win at checkers or something and swears it was for real. JL is the benevolent father-figure trying to help us achieve a decent cougar presence and mixed culture on this board at the expense of looking inept. His moves are calulated and deliberate, and for our good even though some may not understand them, and even rail against the dude, at the present time.

I think wally is onto something here. We see through your charade.

LA Ute
02-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes! Here are a few reasons why it is good to have some Cougars around:

1. They keep us honest. Have you seen the thread where people are discussing how Utah will get 10 wins next year? That thread needs some CougJunkie.
2. They are much better at epic meltdowns. When Utah has a basketball season like '11-'12, Ute fans collectively curl into the fetal position. BORING. Cougar fans, on the other hand, eat their own.
3. They are funny. There is some great humor amongst the Cougar crowd. Why not share a smile?
4. We are linked. Even if you buy into the Colorado-as-rival meme, BYU is still our rival. What makes the rivalry unique is that for many of us, our lives are intertwined - and that is not just for Ute fans that are mormon. Whether at work/church/school/internet/yard-sales we are constantly faced with our enemy. The reality is that our fan bases are basically the same group of people, with some notable differences on the thin edges of the distribution. There are a lot of overlapping interests for both groups: recruiting, rivalry games, coaching changes, etc. I like diverse voices on these things.

I, for one, think that having rival fans is of vital importance. It keeps this place from becoming an echo chamber.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-067.gif

Tacoma Ute
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
I never understood the concept of CUF. I went there once or maybe twice a couple years ago. I just don't get it. I certainly don't mind having Cougar fans on Utes boards though. Many of them are pretty cool.

LA Ute
02-27-2013, 02:20 PM
I never understood the concept of CUF. I went there once or maybe twice a couple years ago. I just don't get it. I certainly don't mind having Cougar fans on Utes boards though. Many of them are pretty cool.

It was an experiment in cats and dogs living together that worked reasonably well until the cats decided to start advertising the site as 100% cat house. No, wait....

SeattleUte
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM

Jeff Lebowski stabbed MikeWaters in the back (JL was Waters' assistant on Cougarguard). He wanted as many as possible to follow him to his new board. So he called it CUF because was afraid he wouldn't have a critical mass. It was that simple. I'm more hacked off at him for what he did to Waters than anything else. I'd love an active Mormon like Waters posting in our Institute form. (JL got a lot of support from some mullahs who would have liked to kill CG and would just as soon CUF went away.) Waters pioneered this type of set up we have here, and non-sports discussions have alwats been a big part. Some people predicted Utah to the P12 was the end of CUF, and they were right.

UtahDan
02-27-2013, 02:38 PM

How mean spirited. You don't function all the time and no one is trying to get your name changed.

Jeff Lebowski
02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Jeff Lebowski stabbed MikeWaters in the back (JL was Waters' assistant on Cougarguard). He wanted as many as possible to follow him to his new board. So he called it CUF because was afraid he wouldn't have a critical mass. It was that simple. I'm more hacked off at him for what he did to Waters than anything else. I'd love an active Mormon like Waters posting in our Institute form. (JL got a lot of support from some mullahs who would have liked to kill CG and would just as soon CUF went away.) Waters pioneered this type of set up we have here, and non-sports discussions have alwats been a big part. Some people predicted Utah to the P12 was the end of CUF, and they were right.

Hilarious. Yes folks, SU was so morally outraged that he went on to make more than 15,000 posts on that site. He is a man of integrity!

Keep the whoppers coming, amigo. There are some new folks here that might not yet realize what a shameless troll you are and actually take you seriously.

LA Ute
02-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Hilarious. Yes folks, SU was so morally outraged that he went on to make more than 15,000 posts on that site. He is a man of integrity!

Keep the whoppers coming, amigo. There are some new folks here that might not yet realize what a shameless troll you are and actually take you seriously.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/fencing.gif

SeattleUte
02-27-2013, 09:57 PM

Lebowski looking a gift horse in the mouth. I've been over there trying to help. Whatever you say about my motivations, the facts are the facts, and you don't or can't dispute the facts I've related; and events the past month have shown that you are incapable of reflecting on your stabbing Waters' backside, and haven't learned anything. Also, you basically have an enlightened perspective, but too bad you've let youself be a tool of a couple of mullahs.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthread.php?85-I-come-not-to-praise-Caesar-but-to-bury-him&highlight=Caesar

Jeff Lebowski
02-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Lebowski looking a gift horse in the mouth. I've been over there trying to help. Whatever you say about my motivations, the facts are the facts, and you don't or can't dispute the facts I've related; and events the past month have shown that you are incapable of reflecting on your stabbing Waters' backside, and haven't learned anything. Also, you basically have an enlightened perspective, but too bad you've let youself be a tool of a couple of mullahs.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthread.php?85-I-come-not-to-praise-Caesar-but-to-bury-him&highlight=Caesar

Thanks for the link. That thread was all-time classic SU. I think my favorite part was when you blamed the LDS church for the CG -> CUF migration (surprise!) and I asked you to elaborate and you said that the split occurred because we were uncomfortable with Mike Waters' opposition to prop 8:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthread.php?85-I-come-not-to-praise-Caesar-but-to-bury-him&p=1178&viewfull=1#post1178

I love how you just make shit up and then state it with absolute conviction.

Viking
02-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the link. That thread was all-time classic SU. I think my favorite part was when you blamed the LDS church for the CG -> CUF migration (surprise!) and I asked you to elaborate and you said that the split occurred because we were uncomfortable with Mike Waters' opposition to prop 8:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthread.php?85-I-come-not-to-praise-Caesar-but-to-bury-him&p=1178&viewfull=1#post1178

Dude, karma's a bitch.

i still maintain my speculation from my initial post: JL is leading whatever-it's-called.com down a path of virtual suicide. I understand why he'd want to do it. I can't believe the risk he takes having that site.

DrumNFeather
02-28-2013, 06:44 AM
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/fencing.gif

Jeff Lebowski: You are wonderful.
Seattle Ute: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.
Jeff Lebowski: I admit it, you are better than I am.
Seattle Ute: Then why are you smiling?
Jeff Lebowski: Because I know something you don't know.
Seattle Ute: And what is that?
Jeff Lebowski: I... am not left-handed.
Seattle Ute: You are amazing.
Jeff Lebowski: I ought to be, after 20 years.
Seattle Ute: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.
Jeff Lebowski: Tell me.
Seattle Ute: I'm not left-handed either.

LA Ute
02-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Good grief.

Duderino, the overwhelming feeling among the immigrants here from your board, including me, is one of gratitude for what you built there and the many (wasted but happy, energized, insightful, and stimulating) hours you made possible there. Also, although we may spend more time here now, we aren't abandoning your board. You may be a miserable vomitous mass, but doggonit, you're our miserable vomitous mass.

Redbird
02-28-2013, 08:48 AM

There was a need for CUF. With CS and now UB5, maybe not, because both have made themselves BYU-centric and Utah-centric while still opening their arms to Ute fans and Cougar fans (respectively). But as I said with ufn, I'm grateful for CUF/CS and will continue to participate.

Diehard Ute
02-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I sure hope JL and SU are upwind, otherwise they're both very wet and smell

Solon
02-28-2013, 09:48 AM

JL is way ahead of us, folks.
I like interacting with some of my cougar friends, whether on here or over at cougarstadium. I'm sure both places will be lots of fun for years to come.

I'm also sure that the lucrative salary The Dude pulls down by running Cougarstadium has more than compensated him for all the the jabs and headaches over the past 4 years. Right?

SeattleUte
02-28-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm also sure that the lucrative salary The Dude pulls down by running Cougarstadium has more than compensated him for all the the jabs and headaches over the past 4 years. Right?

For some power and unrighteous dominion is a bigger high than money.

Viking
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
This place hasn't skipped a beat from the old CUF, may she rest in peace.

FN Phat
02-28-2013, 05:10 PM
This place hasn't skipped a beat from the old CUF, may she rest in peace.

I think it is cute that you are fascinated with JL and CUF. I can heA the cries of agony from Brasil, "I can't quit you!"

Viking
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I think it is cute that you are fascinated with JL and CUF. I can heA the cries of agony from Brasil, "I can't quit you!"

I happily quit CUF. JL is a good guy and I recommend he shut the place down

FMCoug
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM

The revisionist history about CUF on this site are comedic gold.

Viking
03-01-2013, 01:25 AM
The revisionist history about CUF on this site are comedic gold.

that is precisely what happened.

Pudge's Pole
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM

So you up and left, as opposed to being kicked out for continually acting like a prick, then threatening a man with ruin for taking a cheap shot at Wuap? I'll be damned.

I defended your ass more than once over there. What an embarrassing mistake.

Viking
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
So you up and left, as opposed to being kicked out for continually acting like a prick, then threatening a man with ruin for taking a cheap shot at Wuap? I'll be damned.

I defended your ass more than once over there. What an embarrassing mistake.

There's a really long story, beginning in 2002 on CB. I have no qualms about my identity now being known simply because this is the first time since that I'm on a non shared handle. It's not simply bc doccoug prefers anon. I don't know who you are but this place would be a lot better with full identity disclosure

Pudge's Pole
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Your ass got banned, Vike. Plain and simple. If you can't figure out who I am, you're not nearly as smart as you tell everyone you are.

Viking
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Yes. But there was never a threat. Just enough to be done with viking there.

tone it down. I bet you'd not speak that way in real life. This place is off to a great start and doesn't need to be anything but civil.

U-Ute
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Your ass got banned, Vike. Plain and simple. If you can't figure out who I am, you're not nearly as smart as you tell everyone you are.

Please guys... another board, another place...

We're all about love, peace, and Utes here.. :)

Virginia Ute
03-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Someone is going to have to post the cliff notes version of the back story on all the drama that this thread is based on...I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused reading this. Or do I even wanna know?

UtahDan
03-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I think this conversation is just about over.

LA Ute
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Someone is going to have to post the cliff notes version of the back story on all the drama that this thread is based on...I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused reading this. Or do I even wanna know?

No. Trust me, my Ute brother.

U-Ute
03-02-2013, 02:04 PM

I don't know and, more importantly, I don't care. It does not belong on here.