PDA

View Full Version : Tony Finau is an f'ing badass

Two Utes
04-05-2018, 04:02 PM
He dislocates his ankle. Pops it back in and the next day he is leading the Masters going up 18.

If you don't like this guy, you're not a sportsman. Turn in your card.

sancho
04-05-2018, 04:28 PM
He dislocates his ankle. Pops it back in and the next day he is leading the Masters going up 18.

If you don't like this guy, you're not a sportsman. Turn in your card.

I don't know who this is, but good for him. I feel like I could dislocate my ankle, pop it back in, and golf just as poorly as I usually do the next day. It's just that kind of sport.

Diehard Ute
04-05-2018, 04:40 PM
I don't know who this is, but good for him. I feel like I could dislocate my ankle, pop it back in, and golf just as poorly as I usually do the next day. It's just that kind of sport.

He’s a local kid. Grew up playing at Rose Park GC.

And let’s be honest sancho, you could get 3 shots on every hole and not break par at The Masters....even with two good ankles ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sancho
04-05-2018, 05:05 PM
He’s a local kid. Grew up playing at Rose Park GC.

And let’s be honest sancho, you could get 3 shots on every hole and not break par at The Masters....even with two good ankles ;)

I've never par'd a hole. I got on the green in 2 once on a par 4...then I 3-putted in.

I'm just saying that playing on a hurt ankle in golf is not the same as playing on a hurt ankle in basketball.

Is he a West High kid? School of scholars and champions. If you say yes, I might follow the Masters for the first time ever.

sancho
04-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Is he a West High kid? School of scholars and champions. If you say yes, I might follow the Masters for the first time ever.

Internet says yes!

mUUser
09-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Wins his first RC match with partner Brooks Koepka. Check out this shot...…

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2018/09/28/tony-finau-gets-a-lucky-bounce-at-the-ryder-cup.html

US up 3-1 after morning matches, but, getting their head handed to them in historic fashion in the afternoon matches. Down 4-0. Hard to think Europe can continue to putt this well and the US continue to vomit all over the course in every phase of the game. Will likely be 5-3 Europe after the afternoon matches. It's early. Plenty of golf left.

sancho
04-15-2019, 02:49 PM
I don't watch golf, but it was impossible not to notice the media reaction to Tiger Woods. One football media member I follow even tweeted about crying as Tiger won the Masters again. The over the top response was fascinating.

For golf fans, in terms of likelihood, is this comparable to when Lance Armstrong made his miracle comeback? Does anyone else wonder if Tiger's return may have been fueled by PEDs?

Diehard Ute
04-15-2019, 04:08 PM
I don't watch golf, but it was impossible not to notice the media reaction to Tiger Woods. One football media member I follow even tweeted about crying as Tiger won the Masters again. The over the top response was fascinating.

For golf fans, in terms of likelihood, is this comparable to when Lance Armstrong made his miracle comeback? Does anyone else wonder if Tiger's return may have been fueled by PEDs?

No, no wonder at all.

If you’ve watched him play he doesn’t have the same game as before. He’s adjusted his game to what he can do now. (He was far more intimidating physically in the past)

His biggest weapon is his brain. He’s a tactician, with an amazing memory. He wins by knowing where to hit things, not by some amazing physical performance.

The back fusion gave him the ability to swing, but his change in attitude and outlook on life have probably been more important.

It’s an amazing comeback, in a lot of ways. But I’ll honestly be surprised how if he doesn’t win one or two more majors honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisrenrut
04-15-2019, 04:15 PM
I'm not a Tiger fan or hater. But his comeback story is one for the ages. I didn't get emotional about it, but it was amazing to watch. The joy he displayed and when he hugged his son, you can only imagine what he was feeling, after all he had been through.

Also, pretty cool that Tony Finau was the first one to congratulate him after his final put.