PDA

View Full Version : The best burgers thread

LA Ute
05-23-2019, 08:55 PM
The Burger Joint Everyone Is Talking About In Your State

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g3522/the-highest-rated-burger-place-in-each-state/

Has anyone ever been to Lucky 13? I’ve never heard of it:

https://www.lucky13slc.com/menus/

Scratch
05-23-2019, 10:50 PM
The Burger Joint Everyone Is Talking About In Your State

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g3522/the-highest-rated-burger-place-in-each-state/

Has anyone ever been to Lucky 13? I’ve never heard of it:

https://www.lucky13slc.com/menus/

It's phenomenal. Best around and it's not close.

concerned
05-24-2019, 04:29 AM

Agreed. 1000 percent

LA Ute
05-24-2019, 07:49 AM

I understand that the place is a whiskey bar, which may explain why not many people know about it. Then again, I don’t know Salt Lake City very well anymore.

concerned
05-24-2019, 07:56 AM
I understand that the place is a whiskey bar, which may explain why not many people know about it. Then again, I don’t know Salt Lake City very well anymore.

It is a biker bar on 13th south b/w smiths ballpark and lowes. Lots and lots of people who dont drink go there for burgers, including many middle aged lawyers in their bishoprics (a good friend of mine at RQN, for example). Scratch too, apparently.

Because its a bar however, make sure you bring your drivers license. My wife and I went there a while ago, and she never takes her purse when we go out together. She didn't have her license, and they would not let us in, even though she was about 54. Must have thought we were DABC undercover. So be sure to take yours.

LA Ute
05-24-2019, 08:05 AM
It is a biker bar on 13th south b/w smiths ballpark and lowes. Lots and lots of people who dont drink go there for burgers, including many middle aged lawyers in their bishoprics (a good friend of mine at RQN, for example). Scratch too, apparently.

Because its a bar however, make sure you bring your drivers license. My wife and I went there a while ago, and she never takes her purse when we go out together. She didn't have her license, and they would not let us in, even though she was about 54. Must have thought we were DABC undercover. So be sure to take yours.

Thanks. I will not hesitate to go to a bar for a good burger! Never have, never will.

Mormon Red Death
05-24-2019, 09:45 AM

I ate there last september when i came out for the Washington game. Pretty good.

UTEopia
05-24-2019, 03:30 PM
Lucky 13 is really good and very popular. Always pretty crowded.

Diehard Ute
05-25-2019, 08:56 AM

It’s not really a biker bar, or a whiskey bar. It’s just a bar.

And most bars just card everyone now, easier than missing one person and getting their license suspended.

Their food is awesome, I wish I could go there for lunch, but that isn’t allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

concerned
05-25-2019, 08:58 AM
It’s not really a biker bar, or a whiskey bar. It’s just a bar.

And most bars just card everyone now, easier than missing one person and getting their license suspended.

Their food is awesome, I wish I could go there for lunch, but that isn’t allowed.

You drive by any Sat or Sunday afternoon and there are a zillion harleys parked outside.

Diehard Ute
05-25-2019, 09:10 AM
You drive by any Sat or Sunday afternoon and there are a zillion harleys parked outside.

Yeah, but trust me, that doesn’t make it a biker bar.

Scalleywags was biker bar until violence got it closed

concerned
05-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Yeah, but trust me, that doesn’t make it a biker bar.

Scalleywags was biker bar until violence got it closed

You are using the penal code definition of biker bar.

chrisrenrut
05-25-2019, 11:53 AM
You are using the penal code definition of biker bar.

If it's just weekends that Harley's going there, it's like to be the same lawyer/bishorics out for their weekend ride. Any excuse to dress like a pirate and put a few miles on the mid-life crisis.

mUUser
05-25-2019, 07:58 PM
Checked it out after today's game at Smith's. The kids were worried that I understood it to be a bar. They didn't think mom and dad would go to a bar -- oh, what those kids don't know. Anyway, good burgers -- not the best, but good. My girls had other items on the menu and they said "eh", nothing they couldn't snag pretty much anywhere. I tried the wrap and BLT, and they right...."eh". The fries n sauce though, mmmmmm, the fries.

On the whole a 6/10. Burgers 7 out of 10. Fries, 9 or 10 out of 10. Bear in mind this comes from a guy that loves the Arby's Reuben, so...…..

I think Rich's serves a better burger. On a normal day I'd go to Rich's, Hires or Crown Burger before Lucky 13 again, unless I was dying for the fries. Slobbering just thinking about those fries.