PDA

View Full Version : 'Cuse v. Louisville

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Perhaps FN Phat will join me in this thread. This is a good matchup of long fast teams. Cuse won the first meeting this year and I'm sure the cardinals want to get their revenge. That loss stung as they were ranked number 1 and needed the win to hang on.

Both teams have some unexplained losses and some big wins.

So far it's tight.

For anyone who hasn't experienced it, hoops at the carrier dome is an awesome experience.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 10:24 AM
I love when Coleman comes in for the Orange. Big, strong, and moves faster than you would think and also has a soft shot. I bet he has some sweet dance moves.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 10:32 AM
This game could turn into CJ fair v. Russ smith. Both have hit big 3s and are active on offense.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
What a slow offensive game for both teams.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Crowd getting energized after the alley-oop!

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Cuse needs to slow down the pace. They are playing better out if a set offense than in fast break mode.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Southerland with a huge 3! Cuse getting a lot if home court calls by these refs.

The Thrill
03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Are these two teams playing right now or something?

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Are these two teams playing right now or something?

On CBS. It's mostly just me talking to myself which is sad. Been a slow offensive game but setting up for a to the wire ending.

Virginia Ute
03-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm over watching VCU trash Butler.

It's been an entertaining game...for me, at least.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm over watching VCU trash Butler.

It's been an entertaining game...for me, at least.

I've been flipping to that one as well. Today feels like a march madness day.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
This pressure D is getting to the orange. Louisville is getting hot. Yikes.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Carter Williams is coming on strong now.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Cuse in the lead with 1.5 minutes left.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Bad inbounds pass. Dang it!

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 12:05 PM
This pressure D is getting to the orange. Louisville is getting hot. Yikes.

Great game with a bad ending for the cuse.

FN Phat
03-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I am in the middle of a bathroom reno and was catching bits and pieces. I think I am done watching the Cuse play. I have watched the last 3 times they have lost. This team is very frustrating. I wish they went to Fair more often. MC-W is going to be special next year. I love his game but he just seems to be lost at times. Experience and some muscle will do him well in the off season. Triche has made himself a nice career but he is not playing like the senior he is. I can't stand to watch Southerland play but I love it when it works. I think next year will be a tough team going into the ACC. MC-W at the point with Cooney at the 2 and CJ Fair (I'm hoping Boehiem convinces him to stay), Jerami Grant and Coleman down low. That is a tough team.

OrangeUte, let me know how they do in the first round of the tourney bc I don't think I can bring myself to watch them.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I am in the middle of a bathroom reno and was catching bits and pieces. I think I am done watching the Cuse play. I have watched the last 3 times they have lost. This team is very frustrating. I wish they went to Fair more often. MC-W is going to be special next year. I love his game but he just seems to be lost at times. Experience and some muscle will do him well in the off season. Triche has made himself a nice career but he is not playing like the senior he is. I can't stand to watch Southerland play but I love it when it works. I think next year will be a tough team going into the ACC. MC-W at the point with Cooney at the 2 and CJ Fair (I'm hoping Boehiem convinces him to stay), Jerami Grant and Coleman down low. That is a tough team.

OrangeUte, let me know how they do in the first round of the tourney bc I don't think I can bring myself to watch them.

I've got your back. I agree with you on Southerland. Big plays followed by horrible lapses. Carter-Williams and Fair and Coleman will form a base for a terrific team next year. Coleman could be very special.

SeattleUte
03-02-2013, 02:00 PM
I wanted Syracuse to win. Louisville two games back of the Hoyas would have been nice.

FN Phat
03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I agree. I don't know why Grant was not being played. He is another bright talent that has showed a lot of promise this year. He had a coming out game against ND.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I wanted Syracuse to win. Louisville two games back of the Hoyas would have been nice.

Next Saturday at Verizon arena, the very last cuse hoya big east game will be played. 9am. Hopefully it will continue to be played every year.

The big east is a mess at the top. Everyone beating each other at the top. Gtown has won 10 straight and has a cupcake tonight against Rutgers.

I'm looking forward to it.

SeattleUte
03-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Next Saturday at Verizon arena, the very last cuse hoya big east game will be played. 9am. Hopefully it will continue to be played every year.

The big east is a mess at the top. Everyone beating each other at the top. Gtown has won 10 straight and has a cupcake tonight against Rutgers.

I'm looking forward to it.

JTII said tonight let's kill the current Big East right now and get going with the new one next season. I like the composition of the new Big East. It has unified geographic and brand identity, and seems built to last. Like the P12. Also, from G'town's perspective it's more managable. We'll win 2/3 of the titles in a very respectable conference. I have no ACC envy. Very delighted the basketball only schools did the sensible thing.

OrangeUte
03-02-2013, 05:49 PM
JTII said tonight let's kill the current Big East right now and get going with the new one next season. I like the composition of the new Big East. It has unified geographic and brand identity, and seems built to last. Like the P12. Also, from G'town's perspective it's more managable. We'll win 2/3 of the titles in a very respectable conference. I have no ACC envy. Very delighted the basketball only schools did the sensible thing.

What Thompson says makes total sense. I like the new BE hoops conference as well. Big time and historical powers all. I expect Gtown to own the conference, but Marquette and Villanova to be competitive too. DePaul and St. John's and seton hall could all consistently be competitive. They will have plenty of games on prime time espn Monday nights.