PDA

View Full Version : Flystripper

Flystripper
03-07-2013, 10:30 AM
How did you pick your Moniker?

I fly fish and I have had this name on several sports message boards since 2001

How did you discover UB5?

A super secret Facebook forum and CUF

How many states/countries have you lived in?

6 California, Illinois, Nebraska, Michigan, Utah, Massachusetts

What are your Sports Loyalties?

BYU, Lakers, Dodgers, Blackhawks and Bears.

What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?

I am not a Ute fan, but my wife was a Ute athlete, and I am a fan of her. Falling in love 15 years ago cemented that.

What do you currently do for a living?

I am a director of a professional services firm and specialize in the valuation of businesses, intangible assets, equities, debt instruments, derivatives, etc.

Are your religiously affiliated, and if so, what is your current standing?​

Baptized LDS, and served a mission. I always had my doubts and concerns about the LDS church. Most of my issues revolved around church history and doctrine. I finally called it quits for good during prop 8. I am not bitter and I don't hate the church because it helped make me who I am today. I just don't believe it anymore. Currently I am unaffiliated.

SeattleUte
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Welcone! Flystripper is one of my all-time favorites. A good friend of many of us here.

Jarid in Cedar
03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Welcome Flystripper. Question, who is winning the sports soul of your children? You or your wife?

LA Ute
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome, fellow Southern Californian. Glad you used the pellegrino template. (Wuap won't be far behind in noting what he surely considers a lapse in judgment.) It's good to have you here.

What sport did your wife play at the U.?

Flystripper
03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Welcome Flystripper. Question, who is winning the sports soul of your children? You or your wife?

Neither

Oldest son likes USC
Middle son likes Oregon
Daughter likes my little pony

Any time either of my sons start to root for BYU with me, my wife reminds them that if they want to go there they have to go to church, and the cheers quickly die down. I can't really argue with her. I am a lone man in my home when it comes to college sports.

Flystripper
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Welcome, fellow Southern Californian. Glad you used the pellegrino template. (Wuap won't be far behind in noting what he surely considers a lapse in judgment.) It's good to have you here.

What sport did your wife play at the U.?

Track 400/800 400x400

Jarid in Cedar
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Any time either of my sons start to root for BYU with me, my wife reminds them that if they want to go there they have to go to church, and the cheers quickly die down. I can't really argue with her. I am a lone man in my home when it comes to college sports.

That. Is. Funny.