PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Pac 12 Conference Tournament Thread

DrumNFeather
03-09-2013, 07:18 PM
The regular season is over and with an absolutely crazy last week of the season in the books, we look towards the conference tournament, which begins on Wednesday in Las Vegas (Calendar to be updated).

Here are the match ups:

#8 Stanford vs. # 9 Arizona St. 12:00 pm (PT) (winner gets #1 UCLA)
#5 Colorado vs. #12 Washington St. 2:30 pm (PT) (winner gets #4 Arizona)
#7 USC vs. #10 Utah 6:00 pm (PT) (winner gets #2 Cal)
#6 Washington. vs. #11 Oregon St. 8:30 pm (PT) (winner gets #3 Oregon)

http://championships.pac-12.com/mens-basketball/?src=hp_logo

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-10-2013, 10:06 AM
The regular season is over and with an absolutely crazy last week of the season in the books, we look towards the conference tournament, which begins on Wednesday in Las Vegas (Calendar to be updated).

Here are the match ups:

#8 Stanford vs. # 9 Arizona St. 12:00 pm (PT) (winner gets #1 UCLA)
#5 Colorado vs. #12 Washington St. 2:30 pm (PT) (winner gets #4 Arizona)
#7 USC vs. #10 Utah 6:00 pm (PT) (winner gets #2 Cal)
#6 Washington. vs. #11 Oregon St. 8:30 pm (PT) (winner gets #3 Oregon)

http://championships.pac-12.com/mens-basketball/?src=hp_logo

I'm not that excited about any matchup, but I'd rather play OSU or Washington than any other team. Hopefully that one win will secure our NIT bid!

The Thrill
03-10-2013, 11:26 PM

codered
03-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I haven't seen SC play since we lost badly to them. But in looking at their record, when they lose, they don't score a lot of points (usually in the 60's). When they win, they score high 70's or more. I know our D has improved over the last few months, how have they progressed?

To be frank, if we get momentum early, I like our chances.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Anyone going to Vegas? I'm hopeful that it is a positive for the conference and can become a permanent home. This would be a fun annual trip.

Mormon Red Death
03-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Anyone going to Vegas? I'm hopeful that it is a positive for the conference and can become a permanent home. This would be a fun annual trip.

Solon and I will be there. I get in at 11 in the morning.

Solon
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Solon and I will be there.
:highfive:

I would really love to see the Utes play twice.

Hoyos Revenge
03-11-2013, 02:08 PM
He got in a brawl in downtown Spokane after their loss to Wazzu. This is a huge break for the Utes. Dedmon had 13 pts 13 boards and 5 blocks the first time around. He pretty much owned us.

SeattleUte
03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Thank you hoyo. Very important and interesting. BUt this should be merged with the Pac 12 tournament thread. This isn't Utefans.net. We don't have the conveyor sushi format.

Jarid in Cedar
03-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Thank you hoyo. Very important and interesting. BUt this should be merged with the Pac 12 tournament thread. This isn't Utefans.net. We don't have the conveyor sushi format.

I will do it, but realize you have the power. Check the administrative box at the top of the thread opener. You then choose merge and follow the yellow brick road.

SeattleUte
03-11-2013, 11:59 PM
I will do it, but realize you have the power. Check the administrative box at the top of the thread opener. You then choose merge and follow the yellow brick road.

Thx. I guess this suspension may explain why we're just 2 point 'dogs.

Jarid in Cedar
03-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Thx. I guess this suspension may explain why we're just 2 point 'dogs.

Agree. Two things killed us in SLC. One: They shot the lights out from 3 in the first half(they were something like 20% as a team going in), and Two: They bullied us around inside. Washburn should have a much better game Wednesday. I am trying to swing some things at work so I can go down. I am excited to see how this one goes.

San Diego Ute Fan
03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
There are 6 Pac-12 teams that we did not beat this season: USC, Cal, WSU, UCLA, Stanford, and Arizona. The tournament is set up so that it's possible for us to grab 4 revenge wins against 4 of these teams in 4 days.

Washburn and company can play with any team in the league based on what we saw Saturday vs Oregon. Cal included.

LA Ute
03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
The story of the USC players' brawl. (http://www.atvn.org/news/2013/03/witness-usc-basketball-brawl-speaks-out) Pretty embarrassing to USC fans (well, those who are capable of being embarrassed by any Trojan athlete's behavior).

Heather, who did not want her last name revealed, said the evening began at a club with her co-workers.

"One of the players and one of our employees kind of exchanged words because they bumped into each other at the bar," she said. Nothing more continued after that encounter.
Later in the evening as Heather and her friends left the club, she said they saw the basketball players again. The athletes recognized her group of friends, approached them and initiated a fight, knocking down one of the restaurant employees, said Heather.

"Another one of our friends was picking him up, the girl--that same player--hit her face and then they both went down," she explained.
Heather said, at that moment, she immediately called the police. Meanwhile, a fight among seven people pursued.

The athletes took off when they heard the Spokane police was on its way, Heather explained.

After speaking with the police to report the brawl, Heather said she and her friends encountered the basketball players one more time at a different location.

"At this point, myself and another girl, we went and hid in a doorway 'cause there was a huge fight and we were on the phone with 911," said Heather.

Heather saw a passerby uninvolved in the fight get "knocked out," and a player continued to kick him as he was down on the ground.

"It was more sad to see the people get hurt that were not involved, that were literally standing, watching, on the phone with the police," she said.

Heather and her co-workers were able to identify the athletes as Trojans because they yelled, "'we're representing USC; this is my teammate; I follow them; I stick up for them,'" she said.

Four people were hospitalized, according to Heather, one of which has broken bones in his face and no insurance to cover the damages.

Mormon Red Death
03-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Two hours till I get to vegas! Boo yah!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Anyone have a link where the game will be available online...(preferably sans pop ups)?

Mormon Red Death
03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Anyone have a link where the game will be available online...(preferably sans pop ups)?

Find a bar with dish network. Either that or find a friend who has Comcast in utah and watch online.

Mormon Red Death
03-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Two hours till I get to vegas! Boo yah!

Tons of fans getting on the plane to Vegas. Wyo, Colo st and Colo

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Find a bar with dish network. Either that or find a friend who has Comcast in utah and watch online.

I tried to do comcast one time with a friend's login, but it didn't work or there was some issue specific to comcast users.

UtahsMrSports
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Sooooooooo...........what are our odds of winning it all? Slim to none, but a guy can dream!

LA Ute
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Sooooooooo...........what are our odds of winning it all? Slim to none, but a guy can dream!

My dream is that we win 2 and end up in the CBI or even the NIT. Any post-season experience would be great for this team.

UtahsMrSports
03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
My dream is that we win 2 and end up in the CBI or even the NIT. Any post-season experience would be great for this team.

In my mind, if we get by USC, Cal has been idle for a while, we match up well with oregon and Washington. who knows?

I know, its a long shot, and believe me, Im happy regardless of what happens tonight.

This program is going in the right direction. And I haven't been able to say that in a loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time.

Hadrian
03-13-2013, 11:34 AM
I tried to do comcast one time with a friend's login, but it didn't work or there was some issue specific to comcast users.
Pac 12 network won't stream directly for comcast users. You just have to login to comcast's "xfinity" website and watch it there.

Mormon Red Death
03-13-2013, 12:01 PM

I do it for every game. I use my parents log in and it works great.

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Pac 12 network won't stream directly for comcast users. You just have to login to comcast's "xfinity" website and watch it there.

Do you need any additional info besides their email and a PW?

Hadrian
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Do you need any additional info besides their email and a PW?
I don't think so.

Jeromy in SLC
03-13-2013, 03:13 PM
It has begun! ASU 84, Stanford 83 in OT with 0:41 left.

Jeromy in SLC
03-13-2013, 03:22 PM
It's over. ASU 89, Stanford 83. Jahii Carson with 34, Carrick Felix with 19 and 12 boards, and Evan Gordan with 16 for the Forks. Tree are lead by Aaron Bright with 27, Dwight Powell with 23, and Josh Huestis with 17 and 9 boards.

Jeromy in SLC
03-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Up next, the Beavers and Buffaloes. Was to be 3:30 MDT, but likely delayed due to the last game.

SoCalPat
03-13-2013, 03:58 PM

The NIT doesn't take sub-.500 teams for their at-large pool.

The CBI is another story, but I think we would have to get to the tournament finale and finish at 16-18 to get there.

SoCalPat
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Up next, the Beavers and Buffaloes. Was to be 3:30 MDT, but likely delayed due to the last game.

Is CU playing for their tournament lives in this game? Or was the win against Oregon enough to offset two losses to OSU to close out the season?

Jeromy in SLC
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Is CU playing for their tournament lives in this game? Or was the win against Oregon enough to offset two losses to OSU to close out the season?

Two losses to the last place team would certainly be a black eye. Last time out, they were missing Roberson. He is back for this one, so I see them prevailing. But if they stumble.......they better hope for things to go chalk in the other tourneys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

LA Ute
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
The NIT doesn't take sub-.500 teams for their at-large pool.

The CBI is another story, but I think we would have to get to the tournament finale and finish at 16-18 to get there.

I wasn't certain about the NIT, thanks. I think the tournament final is to much of a stretch for me to hope for. Oh, well.

big z
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Is it me, or is that place dead?

I didn't watch the tournament last year, how was attendance in LA?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

big z
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
OSU is keeping it close

Jarid in Cedar
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Is it me, or is that place dead?

I didn't watch the tournament last year, how was attendance in LA?

Like 100 of your best friends meeting in a 100,000 sq ft dining hall.

chrisrenrut
03-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Anyone know where we can watch the game tonight in St George? Iggy's and Players don't have Dish. We won't have time to drive down to watch in person.

UtahDan
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
http://championships.pac-12.com/mens-basketball/files/2013/03/MascotPhotoFullRes2000.jpg

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm not confident Oregon can beat anyone right now, however I know they can't beat Cal so got Utes.

Jeromy in SLC
03-14-2013, 06:01 PM
First semifinal set. Bruins and Cats. No upsets yet. Hope that changes tonight. Go Utes!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SeattleUte
03-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Guys, let's dreaam! If we beat Kal, next up is the winner of Oregon-Washington. Can you imagine how excited we'll be? (No big upsets yet in the conference tournaments. Odds are one has to happen today.)

SoCalPat
03-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Guys, let's dreaam! If we beat Kal, next up is the winner of Oregon-Washington. Can you imagine how excited we'll be? (No big upsets yet in the conference tournaments. Odds are one has to happen today.)

I'm all in

Redbird
03-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I can't wait to have the P12 Network at home when I move in a few weeks.

tonight, I'm hoping for a semi-decent online feed.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-14-2013, 06:53 PM

Lol, stealing Triplet's schtick, Kal. Weak, you are better than that SU.

chrisrenrut
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Anyone know where we can watch the game tonight in St George? Iggy's and Players don't have Dish. We won't have time to drive down to watch in person.

There isn't a damn place in St George, Mesquite, or Cedar City to watch this game. :mad:

Redbird
03-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Utah played really well in the first half, and starts the 2nd down 2. Huge second half. GO UTES!

Redbird
03-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Get 'em next year, I guess.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-14-2013, 08:49 PM

Larry "The Basketball Guy", if you had that moniker they would have won. Sorry, just being honest.

Redbird
03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Overtime!

Redbird
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Oh my god, this is happening. WTG Utes!!!

Diehard Ute
03-14-2013, 09:23 PM

How about this year? :)

SeattleUte
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
I predict we play Washington. It's just nastier right now than Oregon.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-14-2013, 10:26 PM
I predict we play Washington. It's just nastier right now than Oregon.

I'll take Altman's adjustments over LoRo's.

codered
03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
How about this year? :)

The best part, we still played an incredibly ugly second half and still won. If we can get an entire game clicking tomorrow, it could get even funner.

SoCalPat
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Washington winning would give about 10 bubble teams a heart attack. It would ensure a team outside the projected field is one win away from stealing an at-large berth.

GarthUte
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Washington winning would give about 10 bubble teams a heart attack. It would ensure a team outside the projected field is one win away from stealing an at-large berth.

And this is exactly why I love this time of year. IMO, it's always good when one or two teams mess up the entire field for the selection committee. The greatest thing that could happen this year is for Utah to pull off the upsets and win the PAC-12 tournament because Utah would go dancing and one or two teams will be beating their heads against the wall in disbelief that they didn't get in.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
What I'd give for a shooter! Nobody on this Duck team to stretch the defense.

SeattleUte
03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
What I'd give for a shooter! Nobody on this Duck team to stretch the defense.

I'd rather face Washington. It's so poorly coached.

It hardly seems fair that the Utes have been in bed for two hours.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
I'd rather face Washington. It's so poorly coached.

It hardly seems fair that the Utes have been in bed for two hours.

Now you are stealing my material!

Our Iranian with a couple of nukes!

CardiacCoug
03-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Congrats Ute fans! Great win and a nice streak you've got going here. Things are moving in the right direction -- you can't deny that now.

Jeromy in SLC
03-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Congrats Ute fans! Great win and a nice streak you've got going here. Things are moving in the right direction -- you can't deny that now.

Thank you sir. It has been a longgggggggg time since Utah basketball has given us something real to cheer about.

LA Ute
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Watching the Washington-Oregon game right after the Utah-Cal game made painfully obvious how poorly UW is coached. Montgomery v. Krysko was a pleasure to watch. Altman ran circles around Romar.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Thank you Dana Altman! Oregon basketball is back!

UteBeliever aka Port
03-16-2013, 11:23 PM

Back?

Jarid in Cedar
03-16-2013, 11:23 PM

Congrats. Hope we get a chance to knock you guys off next year

GarthUte
03-16-2013, 11:26 PM

Congrats, HFN. It's time to cheer for conference mates, so the first Go! goes to the Ducks.

LA Ute
03-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Congrats, HFN. It's time to cheer for conference mates, so the first Go! goes to the Ducks.

Ditto. Go Quackers!

OrangeUte
03-16-2013, 11:32 PM

That was a great game. Ducks should end up with a 4 or 5 seed. Congrats buddy!

LA Ute
03-17-2013, 07:45 AM
All-tournament team (http://championships.pac-12.com/mens-basketball/pac-12-mens-basketball-all-tournament-team-announced/):

LAS VEGAS — The Pac-12 Men’s Basketball All-Tournament Team, as voted on by the media who attened the event, is as follows:

Jahii Carson (ASU)
Jordan Adams (UCLA)
Larry Drew II (UCLA)
Arsalan Kazemi (Oregon)
Damyean Dotson (Oregon)

The Tournament’s Most Outstanding player is Oregon’s Johnathan Loyd.

U-Ute
03-17-2013, 11:24 AM
I like those choices. A case could be made for Lyons but, on the whole, solid.