PDA

View Full Version : How far do the Utes go in the PAC 12 tournament?

Tacoma Ute
03-10-2013, 06:55 PM
​Can we win a game or two?

FountainOfUte
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I think we'll get this first one. That was one of our worst games of the year. USC will overlook us a little. First PAC-12 win.

SoCalPat
03-11-2013, 08:33 AM
USC has been very good in close games. Utah has not. USC blew out Utah in essentially what was a back-to-earth game after three straight solid performances (albeit none of them winning) to start conference play. That win also prompted USC to fire its coach, although I suspect that move had been at the forefront of Pat Haden's mind for some time.

USC had been playing very good ball until last weekend, whereas Utah really had not. The last two weeks of the conference season have been filled with results no one predicted. So what is the one result that would go against the grain from what we've seen this year? Utah shoots poorly (under 43 percent), but gets to the line a lot, offsetting a hot night from the field by USC. We squeak out an edge on the glass and turn the tables on USC's success in close games with a 3-point victory after a last-second attempt to tie misses.

concerned
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
USC has been very good in close games. Utah has not. USC blew out Utah in essentially what was a back-to-earth game after three straight solid performances (albeit none of them winning) to start conference play. That win also prompted USC to fire its coach, although I suspect that move had been at the forefront of Pat Haden's mind for some time.

USC had been playing very good ball until last weekend, whereas Utah really had not. The last two weeks of the conference season have been filled with results no one predicted. So what is the one result that would go against the grain from what we've seen this year? Utah shoots poorly (under 43 percent), but gets to the line a lot, offsetting a hot night from the field by USC. We squeak out an edge on the glass and turn the tables on USC's success in close games with a 3-point victory after a last-second attempt to tie misses.

We play well when Washburn has success inside. That will be hard to do against USC.

SoCalPat
03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
We play well when Washburn has success inside. That will be hard to do against USC.

Thanks for noting that. I'll put Washburn down for 23 and 11 against USC then.

UBlender
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Looks like Dedmon is suspended, that's a game changer.

LA Ute
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Looks like Dedmon is suspended, that's a game changer.

Link:

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2013/03/dedmon-and-blasczyk-suspended.html

SoCalPat
03-13-2013, 09:27 PM

Balls-on assessment in bold. Near-balls-on assessment in italics. I have no shame in milking Nostradamian moments like this.