PDA

View Full Version : Cheat on! Taking revenge on the Trojans

Jarid in Cedar
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Game time folks. I haven't had time to research much, but the loss of their interior players should put us at an advantage. Go Utes!

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
I tried several different ways to get this game online to no avail. Sigh.

big z
03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
I can't stand listening to Walton

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NorthwestUteFan
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
I tried several different ways to get this game online to no avail. Sigh.

Vipbox.tv has it.

big z
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Did Walton just say Coach K is a NBA Legend?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NorthwestUteFan
03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
He is so famous that he is INfamous

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
vipbox.tv has it.

yes!

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
A couple of bad 3 point play fouls by us on their big man back to back.

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Bill Walton might be drunk.

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM

#20 for USC yelling at coaches and other players in the huddle...hopefully we see them unravel.

hostile
03-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Great first half. Moving the ball well and defending. Keep it up for another 20 minutes boys.

Tacoma Ute
03-13-2013, 08:16 PM

​...or on acid.

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 08:22 PM
I actually agree with Walton that our big men are way too far away from the basket.

EutawStUtesFan
03-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Turned away for a few minutes and come back and Utah is on a 13-2 run. Go Utes!!!

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 08:36 PM
USC closes within two, and Utah answers with a run of its own, leads by 13 now.

NorthwestUteFan
03-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Oraby looks like a 7' tall Rowan Atkinson.

Tacoma Ute
03-13-2013, 08:41 PM
USC closes within two, and Utah answers with a run of its own, leads by 13 now.

We're on a great run. I love your avatar by the way. HTTR!

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
As good as that run was, the last 2-3 minutes sure have been a kick in the nuts (sorry Dubois)

Tacoma Ute
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
As good as that run was, the last 2-3 minutes sure have been a kick in the nuts (sorry Dubois)

This is getting scary. We need more killer instinct when we get a lead.

OrangeUte
03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Wow! Just turned it on and what a game!!!!!

NorthwestUteFan
03-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes!!!

Crimson_Obsession
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Utes win!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

DrumNFeather
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow...what a finish.

Overall, a very gritty performance. These young kids have earned some valuable experience in winning this game the way that they did. If we can get our bigs playing a little less soft around the basket, there's no reason we can't beat Cal tomorrow night. For now, I'll just enjoy this one. Go Utes!

OrangeUte
03-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Okay - this is just awesome and exciting for these Utes! Great win for our hoops program! Bring on Cal tomorrow night!

SoCalPat
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.fistpumpsfromlastnight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tiger_fist.jpg

Jeromy in SLC
03-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Wow...what a finish.

Overall, a very gritty performance. These young kids have earned some valuable experience in winning this game the way that they did. If we can get our bigs playing a little less soft around the basket, there's no reason we can't beat Cal tomorrow night. For now, I'll just enjoy this one. Go Utes!

Halfway though that late run by the Trojans, I thought I was watching a rerun. Glad it wasn't! This team needed the taste of success they have had the last two weeks. Go Utes!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SoCalPat
03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Halfway though that late run by the Trojans, I thought I was watching a rerun. Glad it wasn't! This team needed the taste of success they have had the last two weeks. Go Utes!

We were beyond overdue for a win like this. Couldn't have come at a better time.

Mano
03-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I like the progression this team has made. Earlier in the year, it seems that Utah was losing all the close games. Now they are finding ways to hang on and win. It's still a work in progress, but the team has gotten better and is learning to win. I like their trajectory.

LA Ute
03-13-2013, 10:41 PM
I had a client meeting tonight (I had to make a presentation) but my son kept texting me scores and DVR'd the game for me. I'll watch the ending at least. It's so great to see these guys learn how to win. It'll pay off next season for the veterans.

Tacoma Ute
03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
I had a client meeting tonight (I had to make a presentation) but my son kept texting me scores and DVR'd the game for me. I'll watch the ending at least. It's so great to see these guys learn how to win. It'll pay off next season for the veterans.

I would at least watch the entire 2nd half. There were some great runs by the Utes and some very scary runs by USC. This was one heck of a game and one heck of a statement by the Utes to hold off the runs.

LA Ute
03-13-2013, 10:56 PM
I would at least watch the entire 2nd half. There were some great runs by the Utes and some very scary runs by USC. This was one heck of a game and one heck of a statement by the Utes to hold off the runs.

OK, you talked me into it. ;)

Scratch
03-13-2013, 11:10 PM
It was an interesting game where there weren't a lot of runs in the first half; the Utes just kind of gradually built the half-time lead, but then the second half was all runs. Frankly, I'm glad it went like that because the team is learning that it can take a punch and swing right back. We haven't seen much of that the last few years.

SeattleUte
03-13-2013, 11:32 PM
It was an interesting game where there weren't a lot of runs in the first half; the Utes just kind of gradually built the half-time lead, but then the second half was all runs. Frankly, I'm glad it went like that because the team is learning that it can take a punch and swing right back. We haven't seen much of that the last few years.

This team finally has an offense. It can get out and attack and score and isn't afraid to do so with substantial time on the shot clock. When leading and an opponent makes a run it gets aggresive on offense, and scores right back. Before when leading the team was timidly milking the clock and trying not to lose. The Oregon game was really high scoring early on. Then when Oregon made its late run the Utes made key shots and pulled away. Tonight USC came within 1 and the Utes made killer shots.

This new confidence and competence on offense seems to have coincided with Brandon Taylor's emergence as a 34 minutes per game PG. I love that kid.

Scratch
03-13-2013, 11:46 PM
This team finally has an offense. It can get out and attack and score and isn't afraid to do so with substantial time on the shot clock. When leading and an opponent makes a run it gets aggresive on offense, and scores right back. Before when leading the team was timidly milking the clock and trying not to lose. The Oregon game was really high scoring early on. Then when Oregon made its late run the Utes made key shots and pulled away. Tonight USC came within 1 and the Utes made killer shots.

This new confidence and competence on offense seems to have coincided with Brandon Taylor's emergence as a 34 minutes per game PG. I love that kid.

Exactly right. Any team can have a run when it hits a few threes in a row or something like that, but what has been the most infuriating over the few years would be when we'd give up an 18-4 run or something like that, but the other team shoots less than 50% from the floor during the run due to our completely inept offense. It looks like those days are hopefully behind us.

hostile
03-14-2013, 12:04 AM

You and my wife. I don't know how many times she exclaimed it during the game tonight.

Spot on about the offense. I think they are believing and executing what the coaches are preaching. I have really enjoyed watching Tommy Connor coach this year.

Rocker Ute
03-14-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm happy for these guys having some success. I don't think we'll make it past Cal, but this is a team that can surprise. This little 3 game run has got to be nice for the team, and hopefully quiet the nattering nabobs for a little while.

Now, if we can pull off the upset against Cal, that may get some mileage with some recruits we are working with. It would be nice to end the season and point to the end of it and point out the direction of the program. Recruiting will continue to be a massive uphill battle until the coaches can show that things are going in the right direction.

NorthwestUteFan
03-14-2013, 12:31 AM
18-21 on free throws is just sick. One other favorite things about a Rick Majerus-coached team was the fact that they were nails from the charity stripe. I am happy to see that again.

I love the direction this team and the program is headed. I don't think we can survive against Cal, but I am very excited for next year.

Jarid in Cedar
03-14-2013, 12:58 AM
This game was pure torture. I was in a Little League board meeting for the duration of the game. Let me tell you, it is extremely difficult to lead the meeting, keep the discussion running in the right direction, AND still sneak peeks at the game on my phone. Pure torture :D.

So I just finished watching the game, and I was impressed with their ability to stay cool down the stretch. Dubois was clutch. I look forward to Cal. We got down big to them in the Huntsman and fought back to within 3 with less than a minute. They missed a shot, but we were unable to corral the rebound and Crabbe closed us out with 2 free throws. I think the game is better than they expect. We need to handle the half court trap better than we did at Berkley. I am looking forward to this team having a chance to get to .500 for the season. :utes:

LA Ute
03-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Just watched the last 5:00 this morning -- will see the rest later. That was a monster trey the USC player made with about :40 to go. I'm glad I knew the outcome when I saw that one. I loved the way DuBois took over the game, and his last second play sealed the game. Mad props to him. 14 wins, baby!

By the way, did anyone else notice the nice in-bounds play at the end? :D

UBlender
03-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Did anyone else enjoy the part where Bill Walton waxed poetic about that really good peyote he was able to score at Escalante? Or something like that--I was watching it after midnight so my details might be a little off.

Also, if USC's Orabi would pluck his eyebrows he could use the fibers to clothe an entire orphanage.