PDA

View Full Version : Jarred DuBois

Ma'ake
03-14-2013, 09:04 AM
This guy deserves some specific recognition. Last night was really impressive, maybe his best game as a Ute, perhaps his best game, ever. The outside game, the drive game, finding people, court presence, being the guy without fear and taking the team on his shoulders. Impressive performance, one that should definitely be shown on the big screen at the Huntsman Center like the rest of them from Utah history.

They don't keep stats for this, and it would take a lot of painstaking work to figure this out, but I think JD has gone to the floor in his one year at Utah more than any other player has, ever, in four years or whatever their tenure was. He plays with abandon, all the time. I'm sure Whittingham would be interested if there was another year of eligibility to be extracted, as a WR. These kind of players elevate everyone around them.

Then when you layer on the extracurricular stuff he's initiated at Pioneer Park, pulling his teammates into truly selfless service to the community, this guy will always have a special spot in Ute history, in my book.

Only one year at Utah, but he's up there among the sizable group of class acts we've ever had.

UTE FANatic
03-14-2013, 09:13 AM
This guy deserves some specific recognition. Last night was really impressive, maybe his best game as a Ute, perhaps his best game, ever. The outside game, the drive game, finding people, court presence, being the guy without fear and taking the team on his shoulders. Impressive performance, one that should definitely be shown on the big screen at the Huntsman Center like the rest of them from Utah history.

They don't keep stats for this, and it would take a lot of painstaking work to figure this out, but I think JD has gone to the floor in his one year at Utah more than any other player has, ever, in four years or whatever their tenure was. He plays with abandon, all the time. I'm sure Whittingham would be interested if there was another year of eligibility to be extracted, as a WR. These kind of players elevate everyone around them.

Then when you layer on the extracurricular stuff he's initiated at Pioneer Park, pulling his teammates into truly selfless service to the community, this guy will always have a special spot in Ute history, in my book.

Only one year at Utah, but he's up there among the sizable group of class acts we've ever had.

I agree, he has been our biggest offensive threat this year and he absolutely carried the team in the last two games. clutch!

concerned
03-14-2013, 09:16 AM
He saved us both last night and against OSU. He has grown a lot from last November; his growth and Washburn's growth really makes me hopeful for the way Krisco and Conner coach the team. The best thing about our team next year may be that we have a significant number of players who are not in the system for the first time. Too bad Dubois only had a year, but it has turned out to be a great, huge addition.

FountainOfUte
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
It seems he's been everything we hoped Dotson would be.

Katy Lied
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Nails. As I have said in the past.

UtahDan
03-14-2013, 01:09 PM

You are a great Utah fan, Madam.

hostile
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
And again tonight.

OrangeUte
03-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Didn't see this thread until just now. Absolutely agree. Dubois has been a standout this year. Hitting that big 3 tonight was just plain exciting. He doesn't seem to get too up or too down. Level headed. It's paid off this hear for him and now, in the PAC 12 tourney, he is reaping his reward.

LA Ute
03-14-2013, 10:19 PM
350 351