PDA

View Full Version : PAC 12 Network - Direct TV Update

Big Kahuna
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Not going to happen any time soon. Sounds more and more like the Mtn debacle.

http://epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OrangeCountyRegister/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=T3JhbmdlLzIwMTMvMDMvMTU.&pageno=NDk.&entity=QXIwNDkwMQ..&view=ZW50aXR5

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Boo! I really don't want to get Comcast, but it is starting to look like I might have too.

Freaky Girl
03-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Our housing development was built ten years ago, and Comcast didn't install any cables. So our only options are DirecTV and Dish. :(. I call DirecTV every few months and tell them I'm leaving them so I can get PAC 12, and they lower our rates. We went with them initially for MLB, but in the fall I think we will switch. I'd prefer Comcast and wish it were an option.

U-Ute
03-17-2013, 11:46 AM
If it matters, I totally <3 Dish. Unless you absolutely must have NFL Sunday Ticket (I don't have the time to watch all those games) it is basically the same product, but their customer service is top shelf.

OrangeUte
03-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Stupid Directv. I'm switching to dish network in June when my 2 year cable contract expires.

UtahDan
03-17-2013, 12:07 PM
No AMC on DISH, correct? That is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

UtahDan
03-17-2013, 12:21 PM
No AMC on DISH, correct? That is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Cox cable.

LA Ute
03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Cox cable.

There was a squabble a while back between Dish and AMC but it was resolved. AMC is back on Dish. Except for that brief period (a few weeks?) we've been happy with Dish. We are finding that Hulu, Netflix and similar services are giving us much better choices, though.

U-Ute
03-17-2013, 02:26 PM
There was a squabble a while back between Dish and AMC but it was resolved. AMC is back on Dish. Except for that brief period (a few weeks?) we've been happy with Dish. We are finding that Hulu, Netflix and similar services are giving us much better choices, though.

Have you looked at the Blockbuster @home Dish offers? We're currently evaluating those kinds of services, and having it directly available on the Dish receiver would be nice. I'm wondering how it compares to Netflix, which we could stream through our Wii U on the game pad, keeping the TV free if the kiddos wanted to watch something.

big z
03-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Our housing development was built ten years ago, and Comcast didn't install any cables. So our only options are DirecTV and Dish. :(. I call DirecTV every few months and tell them I'm leaving them so I can get PAC 12, and they lower our rates. We went with them initially for MLB, but in the fall I think we will switch. I'd prefer Comcast and wish it were an option.

I stream mlb.tv on my PS3 and roku. I've had both Comcast ans Dish and I prefer for the on-demand features

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Scratch
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
The lack of the MLB package is my deal breaker for Dish. This year, I kept DirecTV and signed up for Cox cable at a promotional rate ($20/month), never installed the cable box, and then have streamed all the P12 channel games through my computer onto my TV. I'll be dropping Cox now. If it looks like DirecTV won't have it next year either I may just go with Cox.

LA Ute
03-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Have you looked at the Blockbuster @home Dish offers? We're currently evaluating those kinds of services, and having it directly available on the Dish receiver would be nice. I'm wondering how it compares to Netflix, which we could stream through our Wii U on the game pad, keeping the TV free if the kiddos wanted to watch something.

No, I haven't, but that looks like a good idea. I also subscribed to Amazon Prime but it turned out that it's not compatible with our Samsung TV. It is for the next model year after ours. :anger:

NorthwestUteFan
03-17-2013, 03:11 PM
LA, get a Roku.

LA Ute
03-17-2013, 03:38 PM
LA, get a Roku.

But we have a very smart TV! Amazon Prime is the one service that wasn't smart enough to make itself compatible.