PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bourdain - The life envied

UteBeliever aka Port
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
I think of all the people on TV, I wish I had the life of Anthony Bourdain. He travels the world. Eats insanely good food. Meets interesting people. Has a cutting sense of humor, buffered by what seems to be a sincere appreciation for the people and cultures he encounters.

He's one of the few TV personalities that I really, really envy.

Does anyone else watch his shows? I'm curious to see how his new TV show turns out. I loved "No Reservations."

Anyway, on his Facebook page this evening, he comes up with this devastating doozy:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/63027_316140418512870_1067059360_n.jpg

During Semana Santa. In Sevilla.

My heart is aching.

I want this dudes job...

Diehard Ute
03-26-2013, 10:11 PM
I do watch his shows, saw him live here a few years ago and got to meet him. Nice guy.

The new show is rumored to be more like the first couple years of No Reservations. He left for CNN as they can get him into places The Travel Channel couldn't

UteBeliever aka Port
03-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I do watch his shows, saw him live here a few years ago and got to meet him. Nice guy.

The new show is rumored to be more like the first couple years of No Reservations. He left for CNN as they can get him into places The Travel Channel couldn't

Whatever the case, I could listen to him talk about food and travel and life's experiences for hours. He is to food/travel as Warren Miller is/was to skiing. I can't hear either of their voices without smiling and getting a bit nostalgic. Obviously, Bourdain is a lot rougher around the edges than Miller, but, IMO, they are cut from the same cloth. Both can narrate the hell out of their own experiences traveling the world doing what they love....

HuskyFreeNorthwest
04-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Does his CNN show start tonight?

Diehard Ute
04-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Does his CNN show start tonight?

Yup. 9 Eastern.

Mrs. Funk
04-15-2013, 12:11 AM
That dude must have saved a lot of drowning puppies in another life.