PDA

View Full Version : Lady Utes playing in Sweet 16 of the WNIT

UtahsMrSports
03-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Tonight, the Lady Utes are on the road to take on Pacific in the Sweet 16 of the WNIT. If they win, they go on to face St. Mary's (We ALMOST got a rematch with BYU: but the Gaels beat them).

The game will be streamed on utahutes.com, or you can listen on ESPN 700.

Jarid in Cedar
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Lady Utes won 60-55 in OT. Play St. Mary's next.

UtahsMrSports
03-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Lady Utes won 60-55 in OT. Play St. Mary's next.

Quite an exciting win! The St. Marys game will be tough. Im a little bummed that we wont get another crack at BYU, but thats how it goes.

We held Pacific to 19-72 shooting.

Solon
04-03-2013, 08:08 AM
For reasons of my own, I have followed the women's NIT this season more closely than I have in the past.

Utah women are playing at Kansas State tonight in the first semifinal. The other semi (also tonight) features Drexel & Florida.

At least two experts I know picked Kansas State to win the whole thing when the tourney began. The Utes will have an uphill battle in Manhattan tonight.

I was at Penn State when the men's team won the NIT in 2009. I know the NIT lacks the luster of the Big Dance, but it's still fun to play into late March and even in April, especially when you can get home games.

UtahsMrSports
04-03-2013, 09:00 AM
For reasons of my own, I have followed the women's NIT this season more closely than I have in the past.

Utah women are playing at Kansas State tonight in the first semifinal. The other semi (also tonight) features Drexel & Florida.

At least two experts I know picked Kansas State to win the whole thing when the tourney began. The Utes will have an uphill battle in Manhattan tonight.

I was at Penn State when the men's team won the NIT in 2009. I know the NIT lacks the luster of the Big Dance, but it's still fun to play into late March and even in April, especially when you can get home games.

The thing that gives me hope for tonight is that K-State's starting five are all between 5'7 and 5'10, whereas we go 5'9, 5'9, 5'10, 6'3, 6'4. Going to be VERY VERY difficult for them to contain Louffey and Taryn (our tallest and best players).