PDA

View Full Version : 32 years ago today...

GarthUte
03-30-2013, 12:49 PM
John Hinckley attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan. Where were you when the news broke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B9nVmQOlRU&feature=youtu.be

I was a junior in high school and in a civics class. The teacher immediately turned on the TV and we spent the rest of the class glued to our seats watching the reports. The teacher uttered the words, "not again" which made me feel that I knew how so many felt the day that JFK was assassinated.

FN Phat
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
I was in diapers and still attached to the teet.

LA Ute
03-30-2013, 11:52 PM
I was in the law library at the U., working on something. A librarian came in and told us he had an announcement, which was very unusual. After he told us what had happened no one could concentrate on studying. Some, like me, left to find a TV to get more information, some just stayed and talked, some just sat there, stunned. Classes were cancelled for the rest of the day. Although the majority of the law students were not Reagan fans, everyone seemed upset.

EDIT: I never did find a TV that afternoon (things were different then) and I'd never seen the ABC News clip Garth posted until right now.

UtahDan
03-30-2013, 11:57 PM
I was a kindergartner. I don't have a memory of this.

happyone
03-31-2013, 03:38 AM
Davis county court house - renewing my car registration

LA Ute
03-31-2013, 03:16 PM
I was a kindergartner. I don't have a memory of this.

Now, was that really necessary?

arizonaute
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
i was 10 and helping my dad move my aunt and uncle . We listened to KSL the whole evening while going between houses. Could not believe someone would want to shoot the president.

wuapinmon
04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
I came home from school and it was all over the news; I can remember trench coats and concrete stairs. I was too young to really understand what had happened. I just remember having the same feeling that day as the day a few months prior when I came home from school to find my mother drunk and crying because someone had killed a beetle.

utebehindenemylines
04-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I was 2 years from being born. :rockon: