PDA

View Full Version : USC Hires Andy Enfield

UBlender
04-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I am starting to wonder if USC prioritizes the attractiveness of the coach's spouse a little too high. Between Mrs. Kiffin and now Enfield's former supermodel wife they have that quite covered.

But seriously, Enfield seems like a risky hire. He looked great in the tournament but I am always a bit leery of the coach whose resume rests on one or two (possibly fluky) games in March. Not to take anything away from FGCU, but if I'm making that hire I prefer someone with more long-term success.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
He should get better players than FGCU, Romar has had success in the regular season with fun and gun and little defense, as did Kent for a stretch at Oregon. I could see him being successful there.

SeattleUte
04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Good hire. He built that program up from nothing two years ago. Beat Miami in the regular season this year. The tournament was not a fluke, and I saw one writer predict that FLGC might surprise.

Applejack
04-02-2013, 07:14 AM
I think that is a solid hire. He is not as much of a pan flash as people think - he's been coaching for some time. He runs a fun system that California kids will love. I think he'll get USC on the right track. And quickly.

UTEopia
04-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Only time will tell. His team did not win the regular season in the conference and lost twice to Lipscomb, which was 7-11 in the conference. His team did get hot in the tournament and played a fun style of basketball when they had nothing to lose. Win or lose, he has to feel good about where he is when he gets in bed at night.

SoCalPat
04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Only time will tell. His team did not win the regular season in the conference and lost twice to Lipscomb, which was 7-11 in the conference. His team did get hot in the tournament and played a fun style of basketball when they had nothing to lose. Win or lose, he has to feel good about where he is when he gets in bed at night.

Get your mind out of the gutter already. :-)

SeattleUte
04-02-2013, 10:09 AM
It's great to be in a conference where the schools hire such sexy coaches. But god help us if USC ever makes the right hire. It's been a sleeping giant forever.

clackamascoug
04-02-2013, 10:43 AM
I bet a quarter they're divorced within 5 years, after she goes Hollywood.

SoCalPat
04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
It's great to be in a conference where the schools hire such sexy coaches. But god help us if USC ever makes the right hire. It's been a sleeping giant forever.

Anyone know what Henry Bibby's wife looked like? He's been USC's best coach in my lifetime.

concerned
04-02-2013, 10:53 AM

somewhat odd that you would fire a coach in mid January, and then hire a coach you had probably never heard of until two weeks ago.

UTEopia
04-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Get your mind out of the gutter already. :-)

I assumed he would be living on the beach in Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica or Malibu. I know I would feel good getting in bed every night if I lived in one of those places. :)

U-Ute
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM

To me, this proves that USC isn't serious about basketball. While he seems like a solid coach, he has yet to prove it year over year that he can sustain a program.

If USC was serious, they would've made a run at Howland or Tubby.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
04-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Anyone know what Henry Bibby's wife looked like? He's been USC's best coach in my lifetime.

I remember the Pit Crew at old Mac Court chanting "Your son hates you" at Henry during the 2001-02 season. 7, Pac 10 teams made the dance that year, both Arizona schools, all four Cali schools and conference champion Oregon. There were some wars that year in conference.

SoCalPat
04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I remember the Pit Crew at old Mac Court chanting "Your son hates you" at Henry during the 2001-02 season. 7, Pac 10 teams made the dance that year, both Arizona schools, all four Cali schools and conference champion Oregon. There were some wars that year in conference.

And, IIRC, USC went further than all of them, making it to the Elite 8 before losing to Duke (?)

HuskyFreeNorthwest
04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
And, IIRC, USC went further than all of them, making it to the Elite 8 before losing to Duke (?)

Oregon also went E8 losing to Kansas.