PDA

View Full Version : BYU fans, use this thread to talk about the NIT game while Cuf is down

SeattleUte
04-02-2013, 08:50 PM
No need to thank us. It's the least we can do.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Swish!

Pelado
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Very kind and hospitable of you.

pellegrino
04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Very kind and hospitable of you.
I'll add magnanimous.

Moliere
04-02-2013, 10:31 PM
It was nice to be playing a game in April.

PaloAltoCougar
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
BYU lived and died with Carlino last night, and I've made my peace with that. I don't know why he was hoisting so many threes throughout the game, many of them from beyond the NBA arc, but I'm sort of glad he got his confidence back. And a pity Zylstra returned to form after last week's outburst. I was also impressed BYU outboarded Baylor fairly significantly.

But the biggest surprise of the tournament for me was Nate Austin. Where was this version through most of the season? He's not the second coming of Kevin McHale, but he came on very strong the past couple of weeks, and last night was the best game I've ever seen him play. The NIT experience, humble though it was, left me feeling much better about the season, and next year's prospects, than I felt as the team walked off the court in Vegas.

Eddie
04-03-2013, 03:26 PM
BYU lived and died with Carlino last night, and I've made my peace with that. I don't know why he was hoisting so many threes throughout the game, many of them from beyond the NBA arc, but I'm sort of glad he got his confidence back. And a pity Zylstra returned to form after last week's outburst. I was also impressed BYU outboarded Baylor fairly significantly.

But the biggest surprise of the tournament for me was Nate Austin. Where was this version through most of the season? He's not the second coming of Kevin McHale, but he came on very strong the past couple of weeks, and last night was the best game I've ever seen him play. The NIT experience, humble though it was, left me feeling much better about the season, and next year's prospects, than I felt as the team walked off the court in Vegas.

I'll give you an amen.

Carlino was average for 38 minutes last night, and had 2 minutes of greatness. If he could've hit a couple of those last minute 3's earlier - it's a different ball game. I'm actually pretty optimistic about his future knowing that he's just a sophomore. I have no idea how he gets some of those boards he does down in the key. Crazy.

I felt bad for Zylstra. What was he, 0-4 behind the arc? And Davies started out strong but seemed to fall apart at the end.

Austin could be better than I thought he was going to be. He played pretty good position defense in the post 1 on 1 and really had most of his trouble when helping out. His baseline jumper can be deadly, and he actually made a back to the basket post move last night and scored! With some help - the frontline will be OK.

Haws was Haws. I think he forced a couple of shots, but offense wasn't coming from anywhere else. He's going to continue to be money.

Pretty optimistic about next year too. Much more excited than I was at the end of the WCC tourney.