PDA

View Full Version : Al Fox: Tattooed Mormon

USS Utah
04-06-2013, 11:17 AM
"To all those that feel that they do not fit in, I tell you with confidence, that you're wrong. To all those who are afraid to return because of past mistakes, I say, "Come!" To all those who sit there offended and holding yourselves back, I ask, is it still worth it?"

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765626083/Al-Fox-Tattooed-Mormon.html?pg=2

"'How do you teach someone that doesn't want to listen?' and 'How do you teach someone that you may never get to speak with or meet?' And after much thought and prayer, I came up with an answer. An answer that inspired this blog to be started in the first place."

http://alfoxshead.blogspot.com/

SoCalCoug
04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
"To all those that feel that they do not fit in, I tell you with confidence, that you're wrong. To all those who are afraid to return because of past mistakes, I say, "Come!" To all those who sit there offended and holding yourselves back, I ask, is it still worth it?"

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765626083/Al-Fox-Tattooed-Mormon.html?pg=2

"'How do you teach someone that doesn't want to listen?' and 'How do you teach someone that you may never get to speak with or meet?' And after much thought and prayer, I came up with an answer. An answer that inspired this blog to be started in the first place."

http://alfoxshead.blogspot.com/

Over / under on when she appears on one of the official church "I'm a Mormon" videos: 72 years.

USS Utah
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/22AlFox

utebehindenemylines
04-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I find it hard to believe her claim that no LDS guys were interested in her. Maybe no zoobs were interested. She's really pretty, when I was single looking for a wife, all I wanted was an LDS girl with a little edge to her... and lucky for me, I found one.I'm sorry if this post came off a little...creepy. The church needs more people with a little edge to them.

Harry Tic
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
I find it hard to believe her claim that no LDS guys were interested in her. Maybe no zoobs were interested. She's really pretty, when I was single looking for a wife, all I wanted was an LDS girl with a little edge to her... and lucky for me, I found one.I'm sorry if this post came off a little...creepy. The church needs more people with a little edge to them.

I second this, with a qualification. I'd be willing to bet that most of even the male BYU population would look at her as the best of both worlds: good-looking blonde with an edge who has a testimony. Unless the only guys she was hanging out with were members of the Cleon Skousen Study Group, I would be willing to bet her options weren't terribly limited and were in fact probably enhanced both by the tats and her story.

Applejack
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/22AlFox

Is that a Washington Capitals tattoo on her left arm?

jrj84105
04-24-2013, 07:11 AM
I don't want to listen to this stuff, but can someone answer this question:
is this girl a person who in search of religion/a meaningful life serendipitously wound up a celebrity
or
is this girl a person who in search of celebrity serendipitously wound up a Mormon?

NorthwestUteFan
04-24-2013, 09:56 AM
JRJ, I think the former statement applies.

I am willing to judge her by the content of her character and not by the colors on her skin (although I do think her ink is beautiful).

LadyUte
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
I love this. Just because people choose to get tattoos doesn't mean they can't be good members of the church. The reaction to mine has sort of left me a little sad. Hard to hold a calling when people tell you that you are not a good example for other members. Or they want you to tell everybody you regret doing them. I love my tats and have no regrets. And I still attend church every week. Despite what others think or say about them.

GUBA
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
I love this. Just because people choose to get tattoos doesn't mean they can't be good members of the church. The reaction to mine has sort of left me a little sad. Hard to hold a calling when people tell you that you are not a good example for other members. Or they want you to tell everybody you regret doing them. I love my tats and have no regrets. And I still attend church every week. Despite what others think or say about them.

I like your tattoos. I feel it is terrible that people would be so judgemental. That one of the things I really don't like about Utah. I'm tired of being judged all the time for the people I hang out with and the things I do.

FountainOfUte
04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
This whole Al Fox thing is kind of funny to me. Sure, she has tattoos. That puts here *a little* outside of the LDS mainstream (though not as much as the more conservative set would hope). But otherwise, I think she gets a lot of attention not because she's LDS and heavily inked but rather because she's young, very attractive, and engaging. Heck, take one of those away and her chances of having any audience drop significantly. Take two of them away and she's dead in the water with or without tattoos.

I'm sure she's really nice. I'll bet she's a good person and it has nothing to do with tattoos. I'm just not buying this "I'm different" message. She's white, blond, young, LDS (now in Utah), and good looking. What am I missing?

My curmudgeon-ness aside, I wish her well. I wish anyone well who spreads peace, love, hope, and joy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and the world could use more of it.

SoCalCoug
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM

One of our ward choristers has a big tattoo on the back of her neck, which she makes no attempt to hide. Also a big one going around one of her legs, just above her ankle. We've got a great bishop who sets a good precedent for our ward for that sort of stuff. I wonder how many other bishops would have wrestled with that calling or simply never considered it.

SoCalCoug
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't want to listen to this stuff, but can someone answer this question:
is this girl a person who in search of religion/a meaningful life serendipitously wound up a celebrity
or
is this girl a person who in search of celebrity serendipitously wound up a Mormon?

I think the fact she's become a pseudo Mormon celebrity speaks more to the mindset of the LDS culture than it does to her.