PDA

View Full Version : Red Rocks...38 straight

Diehard Ute
04-07-2013, 08:34 AM
For the 38th straight year the gymnasts have advanced to the NCAA Championships.

No other team can claim that, it's a pretty impressive feat.

Yesterday both Nebraska and Oregon State were upset by lower seeds and thus were knocked out. OSU was at home.

Should be an interesting meet at Pauley Pavilion starting the 19th. Utah generally has a good sized crowd, hopefully we can offset all the SEC love as they won 4 of 6 regionals (and took second in another for 5 SEC teams) and look like the odds on favorites to win (Stanford and UCLA join Utah)

Diehard Ute
04-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Guess I should have put this in the Olympic Park. (But hey, gymnastics fills the JMHC ;) ) that's what happens when I post late at night!

FMCoug
04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
I have nothing to add other than to say that I sat amongs the Red Rocks on a flight home from Denver a while back. They were very friendly and seemed like great gals. Also, when you're a big dude like me, having a gymnast next to in coach is a big win!

Diehard Ute
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I have nothing to add other than to say that I sat amongs the Red Rocks on a flight home from Denver a while back. They were very friendly and seemed like great gals. Also, when you're a big dude like me, having a gymnast next to in coach is a big win!

They're what college athletes should be most of the time. I still have a lot of connections to the program, and the way they act, and the fact that they have team GPA's over 3.5 is always impressive.

Jarid in Cedar
04-17-2013, 09:34 PM
They sure drew a tough group for the semi's. Going to have to come through on every event to advance to the Super 6 this year.

Diehard Ute
04-17-2013, 09:37 PM
They sure drew a tough group for the semi's. Going to have to come through on every event to advance to the Super 6 this year.

Yeah, it's a tough rotation and a tough session.

24/24 may not be enough to advance