PDA

View Full Version : Kansas point guard to transfer?

LA Ute
04-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Over on UF.net there's talk of a KU player named Rio Adams who plans to transfer and is strongly considering Utah.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1503886

Anyone know anything about this?

#1 Utefan
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Over on UF.net there's talk of a KU player named Rio Adams who plans to transfer and is strongly considering Utah.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1503886

Anyone know anything about this?

I hope he ends up here. We have a lot of wing players but only one true PG. He and Taylor would overlap a bit but Utah needs another PG and a big, strong kid like this would be a great get. Sounds like there was a log jam at PG at KU.

I also read that he went to Ranier High School in Seattle. Isn't that where Dotson and Dean went?

Jarid in Cedar
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Obviously, talent is talent, but i have less interest in a transfer this season, unless it is a 5 th year senior. We need players to play, THIS year. We need to build on the momentum that finished this season. Eating up a scholarship for a player that cannot play in 13-14 is not a preferable route, IMO

SoCalPat
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Obviously, talent is talent, but i have less interest in a transfer this season, unless it is a 5 th year senior. We need players to play, THIS year. We need to build on the momentum that finished this season. Eating up a scholarship for a player that cannot play in 13-14 is not a preferable route, IMO

Couldn't disagree more. I'd rather have this kid than another Onwas or underwhelming wing. If we can't get that monster 4 or 5, I don't have a problem using it on a talented transfer.

#1 Utefan
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Couldn't disagree more. I'd rather have this kid than another Onwas or underwhelming wing. If we can't get that monster 4 or 5, I don't have a problem using it on a talented transfer.

Exactly. This kid would have 3 years left after sitting out a season. The Utes have a lot of wings but only 1-2 PG's. I don't think the program is yet at a point where they can turn up their nose at this caliber of player, transfer or not.

Applejack
04-09-2013, 05:57 AM

Agreed. We don't get many 4 star kids with offers from Gonzaga, UCLA, Kansas, Cal, Texas, Arizona, and Pitt. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Anrio-Adams-108332. I have no idea if we are in the running for this kid (I kind of doubt it, to be honest), but would love it if he came.

Diehard Ute
04-09-2013, 06:26 AM
We're likely not. He made a twitter post that listed 4 Pac12 schools and utah was not one. He's deleted the tweet since it hit the media.

Given the poster on Utefans has previously mentioned he has a friend who's a fellow student that roots for Kansas I'm guessing the info was suspect at best.

UtahsMrSports
04-09-2013, 10:36 AM
If its not this kid, we are in need of a backup point guard in 2014-2015

Scratch
04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
If its not this kid, we are in need of a backup point guard in 2014-2015

It seems like we're bringing in a few guys with experience running the point, most notably Wright. I could see him being our primary PG backup in 2014-15 if we don't bring in anyone else who is an exclusive PG. Furthermore, my sense is that Krystko would like to have longer, rangier PGs more in the Julian Jacobs mold. Of course, guys who can effectively run the point and who are athletic and 6'4" are kind of like the incredibly athletic 6'9" PFs who some people think we should just go out and grab.

UtahsMrSports
04-09-2013, 11:13 AM
It seems like we're bringing in a few guys with experience running the point, most notably Wright. I could see him being our primary PG backup in 2014-15 if we don't bring in anyone else who is an exclusive PG. Furthermore, my sense is that Krystko would like to have longer, rangier PGs more in the Julian Jacobs mold. Of course, guys who can effectively run the point and who are athletic and 6'4" are kind of like the incredibly athletic 6'9" PFs who some people think we should just go out and grab.

interesting. i guess that moving delon to starting 2/primary backup 1 in 2014 helps the logjam a bit.

SeattleUte
04-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Anyone else notice this kid went to Rainier Beach HS, Seattle, the same as Dotson and Dean?

SoCalPat
04-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Anyone else notice this kid went to Rainier Beach HS, Seattle, the same as Dotson and Dean?

If Dean went to Ranier Beach, it was before he went to Roosevelt and Laurinburg (N.C.) Prep.

SeattleUte
04-15-2013, 11:00 AM
If Dean went to Ranier Beach, it was before he went to Roosevelt and Laurinburg (N.C.) Prep.

Okay, you're right, but he's reported to be very good friends with Dotson, who went to Rainier. They're all from Seattle.

concerned
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Okay, you're right, but he's reported to be very good friends with Dotson, who went to Rainier. They're all from Seattle.

Where did the Seattle kid on Lousiville's team play (was that Siva?)

SoCalPat
04-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Where did the Seattle kid on Lousiville's team play (was that Siva?)

Siva went to Franklin HS in Seattle.