PDA

View Full Version : The Blogging Feature has some serious potential

RobinFinderson
04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
During the brief period before the admin shut down the blogging feature of UB5, I was able to explore some of its features. It looked pretty cool. It basically allows members to create and moderate their own private sub-forums. It could be used to form a private space for invited members to share insider info about sports. It could be used for creative writers to privately workshop their ideas. It could be used by cliques of friends to gossip about others.

Anyhow, it is just some food for thought. I was just goofing around with the feature, but I'm sure that others could put it to real good use.

UteBeliever aka Port
04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
. It could be used by cliques of friends to gossip about others.

That would be a fantastic addition to any site.

RobinFinderson
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
That would be a fantastic addition to any site.

I wouldn't pitch that as the primary purpose of the blog feature, but it is a possibility. The primary purpose of the blog would be for people with specialized knowledge (Hot Lunch?) to blog their POV.

The admins are paying for the feature, but not implementing it. It could be an interesting way to make this place something different than the board from which it sprung.

Jarid in Cedar
04-19-2013, 06:31 PM
The blog will not be for public use. I am not going to pay for server space so people can have a blog. Want a blog, buy your own software and website

RobinFinderson
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM
The blog will not be for public use. I am not going to pay for server space so people can have a blog. Want a blog, buy your own software and website

As if anyone would blog enough to worry about the cost of 'server space.' And if they did, then it would be a popular blog, and you would be proud of the fact they they chose your site as THE place to find the scoop about Ute recruiting, or whatever the topic.

But I don't really care, except to say that it looked like an interesting feature in the five minutes I tried it out.