PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

DrumNFeather
02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Let's get some tv talk going! No better place to start than on AMC.

The second half of season three started with a bit of a thud, and into the second episode of this year it was sort of ho-hum, but now we finally get some action going with the Governor on the rampage shooting up the prison (goodbye Axle) and dropping a walker bomb on the joint.

Hopefully this is what gets Rick out of his funk and gets him back to leading the group and we'll see a nice retaliation soon.

I also hope Tyrese and his group haven't gone too far.

Share your thoughts on the Walking Dead!

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
The group is a bit of a mess these days. The first episode back was incredibly disappointing and the whole Woodbury hobbit speech by Andrea made me want to start biting my own neck. Hopefully Rick and the Governor can face off soon and see who's the kookiest. I agree with the whole Tyrese thing, but it was in his best interest since we know what happens to black guys in the group. The other thing I found humor in last week was how accurate these folks can be while taking head shots at zombies on the run but can't hit a human being with an machine gun for 200 rounds.

All in all, I like the story. Even when it bogs a little. And I like that it makes my wife worry a little that I'm going to try and kill her in her sleep.

UtahDan
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
The group is a bit of a mess these days. The first episode back was incredibly disappointing and the whole Woodbury hobbit speech by Andrea made me want to start biting my own neck. Hopefully Rick and the Governor can face off soon and see who's the kookiest. I agree with the whole Tyrese thing, but it was in his best interest since we know what happens to black guys in the group. The other thing I found humor in last week was how accurate these folks can be while taking head shots at zombies on the run but can't hit a human being with an machine gun for 200 rounds.

All in all, I like the story. Even when it bogs a little. And I like that it makes my wife worry a little that I'm going to try and kill her in her sleep.

Maybe Devildog can back me up, but I think hitting something that is shooting back at you is a great deal harder.

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe Devildog can back me up, but I think hitting something that is shooting back at you is a great deal harder.

I guess there's that.

Virginia Ute
02-21-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm really just hoping that they do away with Rick's hallucinations. That's just bad writing and is as boring as hell to watch.

Devildog
02-21-2013, 04:26 PM

I guess there's that.

The man made a very solid point. ;)

My teenage sons have been trying to get me to check out this show... I haven't had time yet. It looks interesting.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
The man made a very solid point. ;)

My teenage sons have been trying to get me to check out this show... I haven't had time yet. It looks interesting.

If you have Netflix, I would start from the beginning. A morality play with ambulatory, cannibalistic corpses is must see TV in my book. I will say, from a TV standpoint, AMC and FX have been killing it for several years. I don't anticipate many things to watch on TV outside of sporting events, but Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are greatly anticipated in our house.

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Anyone that is into the WD need to read the comics that preceeded it by years..........they weave in and out of the original story line on TV. The TV show is a kick to watch after having read the comics.

Devildog
02-21-2013, 05:57 PM
If you have Netflix, I would start from the beginning. A morality play with ambulatory, cannibalistic corpses is must see TV in my book. I will say, from a TV standpoint, AMC and FX have been killing it for several years. I don't anticipate many things to watch on TV outside of sporting events, but Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are greatly anticipated in our house.

Yours is a more articulate way of saying what my kids keep telling me. I'll have to make some time. Netflix is the best way to get into a TV series in my opinion.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Anyone that is into the WD need to read the comics that preceeded it by years..........they weave in and out of the original story line on TV. The TV show is a kick to watch after having read the comics.

I saw a compendium of the first four years of the comic at Target for about $45. I might have to get it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
The second half of the 3rd season has been awful. Tonight's episode #311 was particularly bad. Absolutely nothing happened. I may stop watching, this show has so much unfulfilled potential.

You are considering stopping watching WD now? There is still a lot that is going to happen.

DrumNFeather
03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
A very good episode this week...one of the better ones of the entire third season, and it might just pull Rick back into his leadership role.

OrangeUte
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
A very good episode this week...one of the better ones of the entire third season, and it might just pull Rick back into his leadership role.

Agreed. This was one of the only episodes with Carl where I didn't get annoyed everytime he was on the screen. the story with Rick and Walter (is that the name? i'm doing this from memory, which isn't good) was interesting so Rick could see someone going crazy and hopefully snap back to reality.

I am just about exhausted with the Governor story. My understanding is that he is a significant character in the graphic novels, but I would like to finally move on from that whole story/conflict and move on to something else. Katy Lied posted something on TMBFKACUF about there being a 50,000:1 ratio (again, my memory) of survivors to zombies, so that explains why there is so many zombies and that they keep coming. it seems like we haven't had a good zombie attack scene in quite awhile. the rat traps yesterday doesn't really count, although it was pretty good.

IdahoUteTroutHead
03-05-2013, 01:08 PM
The Governor does play a larger role in the graphic novel, I for one welcomed the last episode as being "Governor" free.

His story line doesn't last much longer.

DrumNFeather
03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Agreed. This was one of the only episodes with Carl where I didn't get annoyed everytime he was on the screen. the story with Rick and Walter (is that the name? i'm doing this from memory, which isn't good) was interesting so Rick could see someone going crazy and hopefully snap back to reality.

I am just about exhausted with the Governor story. My understanding is that he is a significant character in the graphic novels, but I would like to finally move on from that whole story/conflict and move on to something else. Katy Lied posted something on TMBFKACUF about there being a 50,000:1 ratio (again, my memory) of survivors to zombies, so that explains why there is so many zombies and that they keep coming. it seems like we haven't had a good zombie attack scene in quite awhile. the rat traps yesterday doesn't really count, although it was pretty good.

This reminds me a little bit of world war z, and also what makes me surprised (in hindsight) that they just skipped the entire winter. One of the things that is prevalent in world war z is the concept that you go north for fewer zombies because they freeze out in the winter time.

I just picked up the first of three books about the back story on the governor, so I'll post a review when I'm done.

IdahoUteTroutHead
03-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Speaking of WWZ I am hopeful the upcoming movie does the book justice....but I am just a bit worried based on the previews that I have seen.

wuapinmon
03-06-2013, 09:40 AM
So, this was, in my opinion, the second-best episode ever of the entire series. Morgan has shown Rick not just why he should he lead, but a way to take the fight to the walkers. I pray that the writers quickly dispense with the stupid and shallow Woodbury characters (pray Andrea is a casualty in the process; maybe Michonne scalps her!), and start rebuilding society by arranging a system by which to lure, ensnare, slaughter, and dispose of the walkers, to rid the world of them. After that, they can begin the task of restarting a wrecked world, which is fascinating for the 'clean slate' notion of building a society anew based on what worked and what didn't in the former.

Virginia Ute
03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
So, this was, in my opinion, the second-best episode ever of the entire series. Morgan has shown Rick not just why he should he lead, but a way to take the fight to the walkers. I pray that the writers quickly dispense with the stupid and shallow Woodbury characters (pray Andrea is a casualty in the process; maybe Michonne scalps her!), and start rebuilding society by arranging a system by which to lure, ensnare, slaughter, and dispose of the walkers, to rid the world of them. After that, they can begin the task of restarting a wrecked world, which is fascinating for the 'clean slate' notion of building a society anew based on what worked and what didn't in the former.

Amen on hoping that Andrea dies soon. They've done a good job of getting rid of other annoying characters like Lori and making Karl more tolerable. I think that if they could knock Andrea off in the upcoming skirmish, it would be nice.

wuapinmon
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Amen on hoping that Andrea dies soon. They've done a good job of getting rid of other annoying characters like Lori and making Karl more tolerable. I think that if they could knock Andrea off in the upcoming skirmish, it would be nice.

Like maybe she'll kill the governor, after he shoots her as she blocks him from killing someone from Rick's group (maybe Michonne). Make her a martyr.

Virginia Ute
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Like maybe she'll kill the governor, after he shoots her as she blocks him from killing someone from Rick's group (maybe Michonne). Make her a martyr.

I was thinking more like she gets turned into a zombie, and then Michonne cuts her arms off and curb stomps her jaw off and parades her around as a shield for a few episodes and then she ends up getting decapitated.....but yeah, making her into a martyr would be fine with me, too, I guess.

DrumNFeather
03-06-2013, 09:55 AM

From what we hear about the comics, the governor is so sinister. I won't be surprised if we see the governor kill Andrea at some point to show Rick & Co. that he has nothing else to lose...and then everyone will look back at her naked in the moonlight opportunity to kill him as a turning event for both her and potentially for other characters that may die at the hand of the governor.

wuapinmon
03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
From what we hear about the comics, the governor is so sinister. I won't be surprised if we see the governor kill Andrea at some point to show Rick & Co. that he has nothing else to lose...and then everyone will look back at her naked in the moonlight opportunity to kill him as a turning event for both her and potentially for other characters that may die at the hand of the governor.

That would be far more interesting than what I proposed, which is a tired trope.

OrangeUte
03-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Another good episode. Next few episodes will be great. The standoff and chess match between the two leaders and now the internal maneuvering with their individual groups.

OrangeUte
03-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Another solid episode. I enjoying the last half of this season a lot more than the 1st half. Rick's group v. The Governor's group should be good.

Merle is a real beauty. Contradictory and also loyal in constantly confusing ways.

OrangeUte
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Merle and Michonne in the car hot wiring scene. That's what I love about this show are scenes like that.

OrangeUte
03-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Killing off Merle was too bad - he provided a lot of tension. He went out in a gutsy if not well thought out plan. Giving away his location before he even was able to take down the Governor. Seriously - I'm ready for the Governor to be done as well as the whole Woodbury storyline. But, I'm looking forward to the final epic battle.

wuapinmon
03-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Zombie Merle was pretty awesome.

I was glad to see the show touch on these issues.

1. The ethics of turning over Michonne. The Bible verse Herschel read was perfect.
2. Marriage in a world where such things are a purely cultural concept.
3. Redemption and atonement. Merle recognized that he could never belong unless he took out the governor. He died trying, but he did try.
4. Finally we get to see someone in the group, besides Andrea, have to shoot their own loved one. Andrea's was early on, and Rick shot Sophia. Shane doesn't count because they killed him. They didn't show Karl killing his mom, we had tension with Herschel when he lost his leg, but this time we saw Daryl have to skull crush his brother. How he tracked him in a car, I don't know.

Great episode. I really hope the Governor and Andrea don't live to see October. I'd like to see Rodriguez and the John Ritter nerd guy come over to the prison tribe.

DrumNFeather
03-25-2013, 10:02 AM

1. The ethics of turning over Michonne. The Bible verse Herschel read was perfect.
3. Redemption and atonement. Merle recognized that he could never belong unless he took out the governor. He died trying, but he did try.
4. Finally we get to see someone in the group, besides Andrea, have to shoot their own loved one. Andrea's was early on, and Rick shot Sophia. Shane doesn't count because they killed him. They didn't show Karl killing his mom, we had tension with Herschel when he lost his leg, but this time we saw Daryl have to skull crush his brother. How he tracked him in a car, I don't know.

Great episode. I really hope the Governor and Andrea don't live to see October. I'd like to see Rodriguez and the John Ritter nerd guy come over to the prison tribe.

I think Andrea is toast. We've seen the Governor kill, and we've seen the governor do some stuff to Maggie, but we still haven't seen him get real sinister...we may see that with Andrea in the finale.

I also like where Darryl's character is going...the whole dynamic with Merle has been interesting to watch unfold over the last few episodes.

The finale should be great.

UtahDan
03-25-2013, 10:31 AM

I think Andrea is toast. We've seen the Governor kill, and we've seen the governor do some stuff to Maggie, but we still haven't seen him get real sinister...we may see that with Andrea in the finale.

I also like where Darryl's character is going...the whole dynamic with Merle has been interesting to watch unfold over the last few episodes.

The finale should be great.

It felt to me like Darryl had to literally kill Merle to figuratively kill the "Merle" within himself, or to complete that process. I think that had something to do with him stabbing him many more times than necessary. He didn't just kill Merle, he killed the hell out of him and then recoiled in horror/sadness. I'm glad you picked up on the marriage thing too wuap, I thought that was very interesting.

My guess is that Andrea is going to kill the governor and die herself. I think they will close the loop of her failing to kill him when she had the chance by her doing so but paying with her own life.

On a separate note, how long can zombies live for in this universe? Michonne crushed one's head with her foot last night and decapitated another one with rope. You can't do that to a human being without superhuman strength. Are the zombies getting weaker?

wuapinmon
03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: zombies getting weaker, I read somewhere that they're a different color this year to show further decay.

DrumNFeather
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: zombies getting weaker, I read somewhere that they're a different color this year to show further decay.

I've mentioned this before, but it's almost too bad that they have skipped Winter in this show because the freezing of the Zombies is such a critical part of the book World War Z.

If they do eliminate the Governor, it'll be interesting to see what happens next. I wouldn't think that they would stay in the prison long term or move to Woodbury.

wuapinmon
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
I've mentioned this before, but it's almost too bad that they have skipped Winter in this show because the freezing of the Zombies is such a critical part of the book World War Z.

If they do eliminate the Governor, it'll be interesting to see what happens next. I wouldn't think that they would stay in the prison long term or move to Woodbury.

I think we've got to be headed back to either an urban locus or maybe a military base. Fort Benning would be interesting.

DrumNFeather
03-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Last night I finished the first in what I believe is a three part book series about the Governor. The first book is called The Walking Dead: The Rise of the Governor and the second is called the Road to Woodburry. I don't think the third has been released yet. Gives some interesting insights into who the Gov is and what makes him tick. You also get to read about how Penny bites the dust, which was sad, but interesting in the context of the show. In any event, worth checking out if you need to scratch that walking dead itch between now and like October.

Katy Lied
03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
the freezing of the Zombies is such a critical part of the book World War Z.

I'm always interested in zombie logistics. If they unthaw after being frozen, do they reanimate?

UtahDan
03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm always interested in zombie logistics. If they unthaw after being frozen, do they reanimate?

Or what happens if they freeze to death in the first place.

wuapinmon
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM

Yes. In chapter 7 of the comics, the group goes into a gated community and find shelter from a blizzard. The next day, the thaw occurs and the snow falls off a sign that reads "FULL OF UNDEAD" or something like that, right as the biters start coming out of the other houses. A main character dies in front of her kids (she's not on the show). So, they do come back in the comics.

DrumNFeather
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Yes. In chapter 7 of the comics, the group goes into a gated community and find shelter from a blizzard. The next day, the thaw occurs and the snow falls off a sign that reads "FULL OF UNDEAD" or something like that, right as the biters start coming out of the other houses. A main character dies in front of her kids (she's not on the show). So, they do come back in the comics.

Have you read the entire series in the comics? Moreover, is it worth the time investment?

wuapinmon
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Have you read the entire series in the comics? Moreover, is it worth the time investment?

No, I haven't. I've been trying to get them from InterLibraryLoan and it's hard to get them. They go out as soon as they come in. I'm thinking of buying this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1607060760/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I think it's worth the time. It's fun. There are some differences, and if you read the comics, you understand better why some things on the show are done without explanation. The authors are not from Atlanta which explains why they think it snows there all the time (e.g. Shane's snowmobile line). If anyone wanted to make a donation* to my late dad's scholarship fund, I'd be willing to buy the book and then mail it to people to read (so long as they mail it back or to the next person in line).

*Any size.

Jeff Lebowski
03-28-2013, 04:40 PM

I bought the first four volumes. They were OK, but pretty boring overall. Not worth the money.

Definitely more sex in the comic version. Comic book sex always makes me laugh for some reason. "Ooooh... (grunt) ... (groan)...".

DrumNFeather
03-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Undeniable Proof that the Walking Dead and Toy Story have the same plot: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th

UtahDan
03-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Undeniable Proof that the Walking Dead and Toy Story have the same plot: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th

That's hilarious.

wuapinmon
03-29-2013, 05:04 PM
I bought the first four volumes. They were OK, but pretty boring overall. Not worth the money.

Definitely more sex in the comic version. Comic book sex always makes me laugh for some reason. "Ooooh... (grunt) ... (groan)...".

Do you want to sell them?

Jeff Lebowski
03-29-2013, 05:32 PM
They are electronic. Just download the reader and I can send you my login info to enable.

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-01-2013, 12:14 AM
But, I'm looking forward to the final epic battle.

How did that work out for you?

OrangeUte
04-01-2013, 08:47 AM
How did that work out for you?

I watched game of thrones instead and couldn't stay up late enough. I will return and report tonight.

wuapinmon
04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I liked the final episode.

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM

I thought that it was a solid episode. But not a great season finale. I liked how the episode ended but not how we got there. Defending the prison was a total dud.

This was pretty funny though: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/x-most-frustrating-things-about-the-walking-dead?s=mobile

*****Spoiler***********

Maybe being able to see Milton take a bite out of Andrea would have made the whole episode worth it to me.

wuapinmon
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I thought that it was a solid episode. But not a great season finale. I liked how the episode ended but not how we got there. Defending the prison was a total dud.

*****Spoiler***********

Maybe being able to see Milton take a bite out of Andrea would have made the whole episode worth it to me.

AMC shows usually have their best episode the 2nd-to-last of any season.

DrumNFeather
04-01-2013, 07:33 PM

I did as well. I thought we'd see a few more of Rick's people bite the dust, but overall I think they did a good job of completely transforming the Governor and setting up the story line for next season with a number of directions to go.

Katy Lied
04-02-2013, 08:21 AM
This was pretty funny though: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/x-most-frustrating-things-about-the-walking-dead?s=mobile

My fave:

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Mine:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/tricks96/zombie_zps0ec30274.jpg

Katy Lied
04-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Hah! It looks like they don't bother with the zombie makeup and costume if you're far enough in the back.

Casting: "Okay, those of you on this side of the room! Get into zombie costume and makeup! Don't worry, you'll get an extra $25 bump."

wuapinmon
04-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Hah! It looks like they don't bother with the zombie makeup and costume if you're far enough in the back.

Casting: "Okay, those of you on this side of the room! Get into zombie costume and makeup! Don't worry, you'll get an extra $25 bump."

The zombie make-up is getting heavier as time goes by on the show to represent the decay. These zombies were newly dead. Still, he looks alive.

Katy Lied
04-02-2013, 11:12 AM
But how come the zombies in the front look the ripest? Shouldn't there be an even distribution of fresh zombies throughout the crowd?

And it seems to me that zombies would chase after new zombies. Sort of like near beer.

wuapinmon
04-02-2013, 11:26 AM
But how come the zombies in the front look the ripest? Shouldn't there be an even distribution of fresh zombies throughout the crowd?

And it seems to me that zombies would chase after new zombies. Sort of like near beer.

You've got me there about the closest looking freshest. As for the new ones, dead's still dead. Some moldy month-old pork roast spoiled and forgotten in the back of the fridge is no more edible than a rotting swollen pig carcass in a ditch in August teeming with maggots.

What I don't like is the horrible logistics. Every house is empty of food? People took everything with them? The sparse population of the living has taken EVERYTHING in a small hick town? Why do we keep seeing CGI breath coming from the actors when the leaves are on the trees?

DrumNFeather
04-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Walking Dead finale pulls in 12.4 Million viewers, and the post show, Talking Dead hauls in 5.2 million beating out Game of Thrones (4.4) Take that you sex and swordsers!

wuapinmon
10-13-2013, 10:40 PM
The premiere was pretty good. I enjoyed the new characters, especially D'Angelo Barksdale. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the disease the kid died from.

DrumNFeather
10-14-2013, 09:56 AM
The premiere was pretty good. I enjoyed the new characters, especially D'Angelo Barksdale. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the disease the kid died from.

Yeah, this episode laid the groundwork for a lot of crazy stuff that is about to go down. It sounds like we're going to see quite a few new characters this season, so that will be fun.

I'm with you on the disease...probably has something to do with that pig as well.

Glad the show is back.

OrangeUte
10-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah, this episode laid the groundwork for a lot of crazy stuff that is about to go down. It sounds like we're going to see quite a few new characters this season, so that will be fun.

I'm with you on the disease...probably has something to do with that pig as well.

Glad the show is back.

Ditto on the pig and disease.

Junior Barksdale will be an interesting addition. Loved him on The Wire.

The scene with the helicopter and the grocery store attack was terrific. I love the scenes where they fight the walkers.

What the hell was under than blanket moving after the crazy lady killed herself? Is her husband a walker or is some new kind of creature about to be introduced?

DrumNFeather
10-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Ditto on the pig and disease.

Junior Barksdale will be an interesting addition. Loved him on The Wire.

The scene with the helicopter and the grocery store attack was terrific. I love the scenes where they fight the walkers.

What the hell was under than blanket moving after the crazy lady killed herself? Is her husband a walker or is some new kind of creature about to be introduced?

On Talking Dead they said it was her husband's head...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

OrangeUte
10-14-2013, 11:01 PM
On Talking Dead they said it was her husband's head...

Damn. I hope they show that!

Dwight Schr-Ute
10-15-2013, 12:29 AM

Really?! I just turned it off halfway through that scene. I'm suppose to believe that these stupid things have been walking around this roof for God knows how long and then because a couple of shelves fall over, they start dropping through the ceiling like zombie bombs? One of which explodes on impact? So stupid. It's as though the gore has superseded the need for a logical plot. I might finish the episode tomorrow, or I may never pick it up again. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

DrumNFeather
10-18-2013, 07:09 AM
I can't remember if I mentioned this here, but there is a series of three books "The Rise of The Governor," "The Road to Woodbury," and "The Fall of The Governor."

I've read the first one and I really enjoyed it. It provides an interesting back story to the Gov and Penny. I'm working on the next one right now.

401k Ute
10-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Just finished reading The Fall of the Governor. Was disappointed in that much of what is covered was already in the comics.

RobinFinderson
10-18-2013, 01:32 PM
I stay current with both the comics and the television series. They are kind of parallel alternate universes.

I liked the zombies falling through the roof. The point isn't realism, but rather to come up with new and amazing ways to present gratuitous splatter.

DrumNFeather
10-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Just finished reading The Fall of the Governor. Was disappointed in that much of what is covered was already in the comics.

How did you like the Road to Woodbury?

401k Ute
10-21-2013, 09:20 AM
How did you like the Road to Woodbury?

I liked both Rise of the Governor and Road to Woodbury because they introduced the back story on the Governor and Woodbury, and they weren't just regurgitating what was in the comics. Other than the story of Lilly, practically none of the material in Fall of the Governor was new.

And I was really irritated to learn that Fall of the Governor is two parts. Seems like a money grab by Kirkman, especially if he isn't introducing much in the way of new material.

OrangeUte
10-22-2013, 08:49 AM
So, are we done with the Woodbury storyline as far as the show goes, or can we expect more to come?

I enjoyed Sunday's episode a lot. The fence almost collapsing but was entertaining. Using the pigs and a ruckus to distract them while the fence was repaired was a good stuff.

DrumNFeather
10-22-2013, 09:29 AM
So, are we done with the Woodbury storyline as far as the show goes, or can we expect more to come?

I enjoyed Sunday's episode a lot. The fence almost collapsing but was entertaining. Using the pigs and a ruckus to distract them while the fence was repaired was a good stuff.

Well, there will be Woodbury folks that survive and keep on with the group, and we have to think the gov is around somewhere.

There is a scene that they showed on Talking Dead for next week where they run into what one of the producer's called 7500 walkers. My guess is that they won't be able to stay at the prison long term.

401k Ute
10-22-2013, 09:38 AM
The scene shown in Talking Dead was interesting. The show has followed some broad themes from the comics and the group does leave he prison. I would expect the prison to be evacuated and the 7500 walkers would be a valid reason to do so.

OrangeUte
10-22-2013, 03:45 PM
So far this season is off to a quick start in terms of the action and excitement with the walkers. I like that. Last season seem to have a decrease in that aspect of the show an increase in the relationship/drama aspect. Now with a 7500 Walker attack, it sounds like the paces going to keep going as/is. To Me, that's a good thing.

DrumNFeather
10-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Pretty interesting twist this season with the flu-like disease sweeping through the group...and it at least appears that we may be losing at least one major player as a result. I am enjoying the evolution of some of these characters, particularly Carol, Darryl, and Tyrease. I do hope that they don't totally just muddle around the prison the same way they did the farm, but that may be what they're doing for a while.

wuapinmon
10-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Pretty interesting twist this season with the flu-like disease sweeping through the group...and it at least appears that we may be losing at least one major player as a result. I am enjoying the evolution of some of these characters, particularly Carol, Darryl, and Tyrease. I do hope that they don't totally just muddle around the prison the same way they did the farm, but that may be what they're doing for a while.

It's really hard to tell how closely they're following the comics at this point. Andrea is still alive in the comics, and she's graveyard dead on the show. SUPER-DUPER MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THE COMICS!!!

In the comics, the first time they encounter a "herd" like they did last night, they run into a group of three very important characters. It will be interesting to see if they bring in the character's of "The Dr." who knows what caused the plague, Abraham the muscle-bound ALPHAEST ALPHA MALE EVER, and his Latina girlfriend he leaves for Michonne. We'll see. If they add those three characters, they'll be leaving the prison post haste and heading for Washington DC.

roseparkutes
11-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I did not see that ending coming. what happens with carol?

DrumNFeather
11-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I'll have more tomorrow, but for my money, one of the better episodes in a while.

401k Ute
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I thought it started kind of slow, but the ending was pretty intense. Rick doesn't want to lead, but then unilaterally banishes Carol. Bob cares more about finding booze than drugs to save lives. And they didn't show anything about what was happening back at the prison. Interesting set up for next week.

Do you think Rick should have banished Carol?

Diehard Ute
11-14-2013, 11:24 AM
For those who are fans...Salt Lake Comic Con announced a second event for 2014 on Easter Weekend...featuring the Walking Dead. So far Daryl and Carl have been announced, with more to come.

wuapinmon
11-14-2013, 11:34 AM
I think Carol will come back to haunt Rick.

DrumNFeather
11-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I think Carol will come back to haunt Rick.

I keep wondering if we'll see her sync up with the Gov.

wuapinmon
11-14-2013, 03:44 PM
I keep wondering if we'll see her sync up with the Gov.

I see it more like she'll get herself into a situation that will need Rick's help, and she'll get herself and a whole bunch of people killed, and Rick will shoulder that knowledge too.

DrumNFeather
02-10-2014, 07:49 AM
The second half of this season kicked off last night. I don't suspect we'll see a huge movement in the overall story arc over the next 7 episodes. Obviously we will eventually be introduced to the next villian/threat at some point, but it seems like we'll see how the individuals handle being scattered and ultimately how they all find their way back to eachother. I thought there were some really well acted moments between Rick and Carl and the father-son dynamic there. I also like that we are seeing more of the back story of Machonne.

DrumNFeather
02-20-2014, 07:26 AM
This past week got things moving a little bit here with us seeing where the rest of the characters landed. You can see where it is going a little bit as they all seem to be heading in the same direction, and we get some new characters introduced with Abraham Ford showing up and his whole crew. It should make for an interesting dynamic for the rest of the season. I've read that we should not just automatically assume that he is a bad guy.

That scene with Lizzie and Judith was damn disturbing.