PDA

View Full Version : A Short Stay in Hell

SuperGabers
05-01-2013, 11:05 PM
This book was amazingly disturbing. It really shook me up a bit, but it did help me think about what I want in this life.

What I really want to know is if wuapimon has read it. I summon thee wuap!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

GarthUte
05-01-2013, 11:12 PM
This book was amazingly disturbing. It really shook me up a bit, but it did help me think about what I want in this life.

What I really want to know is if wuapimon has read it. I summon thee wuap!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Well? What's it about? You don't expect me to read it, do you?

LA Ute
05-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Well? What's it about? You don't expect me to read it, do you?

http://bycommonconsent.com/2009/07/23/review-a-short-stay-in-hell-by-steven-l-peck/

UtahDan
05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Just finished this while I am supposed to be listening to a webinar. It is profoundly affecting. I haven't even begun to sort my thoughts about it out. Go download it, people. It's three bucks and will take only a couple hours to read (100 pages).

wuapinmon
05-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Not only have I not read it, I've not heard of it. When yall are done, do you want to loan it to me?

Also, we need some UB5-specific summon cards.

UtahDan
05-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Not only have I not read it, I've not heard of it. When yall are done, do you want to loan it to me?

Also, we need some UB5-specific summon cards.

I'm surprised. It's based on Borges library with all the books that could possibly be written of a certain length. If you have the ability to download books, you can get it from Amazon for $3. Well worth it.

wuapinmon
05-02-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm surprised. It's based on Borges library with all the books that could possibly be written of a certain length. If you have the ability to download books, you can get it from Amazon for $3. Well worth it.

Did you, or anyone, find God in its pages?

LA Ute
05-02-2013, 02:57 PM

Loaded question.

Jarid in Cedar
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Is it about LAUte and UD's time at BYu?

LA Ute
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Is it about LAUte and UD's time at BYu?

As is often the case in life, I didn't know how bad it was until after I left.

UtahDan
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM

Don't want to spoil it...but no. The premise is that they are in a Zoroastrian hell (which turns out to be the one truth faith) and all one must do to escape the library is find the book that is about their life.

DrumNFeather
05-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Don't want to spoil it...but no. The premise is that they are in a Zoroastrian hell (which turns out to be the one truth faith) and all one must do to escape the library is find the book that is about their life.

Spoiler alert...come on bro!

UtahDan
05-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Spoiler alert...come on bro!

That all comes in the first few pages.

DrumNFeather
05-07-2013, 06:47 AM
I picked this up over the weekend and read through it. It was pretty interesting. I can certainly see why it appeals to the non-believer, particularly those that were previously LDS. I felt like there were a few parts that missed the mark a little bit, but all in all as a concept, it was an interesting read.

UtahDan
05-07-2013, 08:37 AM
I picked this up over the weekend and read through it. It was pretty interesting. I can certainly see why it appeals to the non-believer, particularly those that were previously LDS. I felt like there were a few parts that missed the mark a little bit, but all in all as a concept, it was an interesting read.

The author is a BYU prof. Mormon Stories interviewed him. Episode 400ish. It is not meant at all to be from a nonbelieving perspective. Though I agree it is thought provoking for nonbelievers.

But what are your thoughts specifically?

wuapinmon
05-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Please tell me that there's a magician/mage character somewhere with a son impervious to fire! Please!

UtahDan
05-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Please tell me that there's a magician/mage character somewhere with a son impervious to fire! Please!

You must read it! It's very short.

wuapinmon
05-07-2013, 02:18 PM
You must read it! It's very short.

Yeah, I'll get this summer.

Jeff Lebowski
05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Just finished it. Brilliant.