PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 3

DrumNFeather
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Very much enjoyed Iron Man 3 tonight. I'd have to think about it, but it might be the best of the bunch. The thing I like about these Marvel movies is that they take their time making them, they have a very specific plan, and (at least I think) they are very well done with good actors. Both Ben Kingsly and Guy Pierce do a great job in their roles and of course Paltrow, Downy Jr. and Don Cheadle are solid in their reprised roles.

There is a scene at the end of the credits. It's not a hint for Thor 2 or anything, but it is certainly amusing.

All in all a great way to start off the summer movie season.

Devildog
05-08-2013, 09:38 PM
My wife and I contributed to the film's big opening weekend box-office. I liked it too. These Marvel movies are entertaining, they are fun to watch. The theater I was in Saturday night was completely full, every single seat.

I sat around talking to the guy next to me (with his three young sons telling my wife and I how cool the movie was) while the credits rolled waiting for the scene at the very end.

DrumNFeather
05-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Something I've read this evening that is interesting to keep an eye out for...

The Mandarin has a tattoo on the back of his neck of Captain America's shield

utebehindenemylines
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I especially like the Iron Man's (mans? men?) because they're funny. So many great lines.

LA Ute
05-11-2013, 09:34 AM
We saw it last night. I enjoyed it and may see it again sometime because it was so packed with details, and I know I missed some. For most of the movie Stark is without his Iron Man suit and is left to his own wit and skill to survive, and I liked that.

OrangeUte
05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
i really enjoyed the movie. the fact that tony stark was out of his armor in so many of the fights was a nice touch. the conversations between he and the little boy were funny.

given the ending, is it safe to assume that we won't see anymore iron man movies?

Diehard Ute
05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
i really enjoyed the movie. the fact that tony stark was out of his armor in so many of the fights was a nice touch. the conversations between he and the little boy were funny.

given the ending, is it safe to assume that we won't see anymore iron man movies?

I think you will, but it'll be a while. Next for the Iron Man character would be Avengers 2.

Downey Jr's contract with Marvel was fulfilled with Iron Man 3, but he was on Jimmy Kimmel last week and said he would like to do more. Probably just depends on the terms, and where Marvel goes. Their 'Phase 2' plan wraps up with Iron Man 3, Thor 2. Captain America 2 and Avengers 2. (Downey did specifically say fourth iron man movie, not just an ensemble)

UtahsMrSports
05-15-2013, 04:42 PM
I think you will, but it'll be a while. Next for the Iron Man character would be Avengers 2.

Downey Jr's contract with Marvel was fulfilled with Iron Man 3, but he was on Jimmy Kimmel last week and said he would like to do more. Probably just depends on the terms, and where Marvel goes. Their 'Phase 2' plan wraps up with Iron Man 3, Thor 2. Captain America 2 and Avengers 2. (Downey did specifically say fourth iron man movie, not just an ensemble)

No plans to do another Hulk Movie?

Diehard Ute
05-15-2013, 04:56 PM
No plans to do another Hulk Movie?

Not in their Phase 2 plan.

Remember they switched actors for Avengers, and I think the casting was better, but the Incredible Hulk movie was a disappointment.

It was easily the lowest grossing of the firms. Iron Man 3 made more in the US in its opening weekend than TIH has made to date in the US

UtahsMrSports
05-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Not in their Phase 2 plan.

Remember they switched actors for Avengers, and I think the casting was better, but the Incredible Hulk movie was a disappointment.

It was easily the lowest grossing of the firms. Iron Man 3 made more in the US in its opening weekend than TIH has made to date in the US

Agreed. I didn't like the 2003 version or the 2008 reboot for phase 1. I think I would like to see a Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo, as I think it has potential.

LA Ute
05-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Regarding the possibility of another Hulk movie with Ruffalo:

is the post-credits bit a hint that one may be coming?

Diehard Ute
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Regarding the possibility of another Hulk movie with Ruffalo:

is the post-credits bit a hint that one may be coming?

I don't think so. Phase 3 starts with Ant Man after Avengers 2.

Ruffalo is signed for 5 more movies. However Joss Whedon and others have talked about how hard doing a solo Hulk movie is because he's not a superhero.

Much like the Avengers post credit scene I think this one was more of a fun comedy bit, certainly not a foretelling

I think what you will see is more of the Hulk in ensemble pieces, that's where the brain trust for Marvel sees him. (Possibly Planet Hulk) We're likely talking 2016 at the earliest. Ant Man is scheduled for a 11/06/2015 release.

UtahsMrSports
05-16-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't think so. Phase 3 starts with Ant Man after Avengers 2.

Ruffalo is signed for 5 more movies. However Joss Whedon and others have talked about how hard doing a solo Hulk movie is because he's not a superhero.

Much like the Avengers post credit scene I think this one was more of a fun comedy bit, certainly not a foretelling

I think what you will see is more of the Hulk in ensemble pieces, that's where the brain trust for Marvel sees him. (Possibly Planet Hulk) We're likely talking 2016 at the earliest. Ant Man is scheduled for a 11/06/2015 release.

where is the info on what each phase will entail? Im intrigued to read more.

Diehard Ute
05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
where is the info on what each phase will entail? Im intrigued to read more.

Just google "marvel phase 3"

UtahsMrSports
05-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Just google "marvel phase 3"

nice reads on wikipedia.

I am curious as to why Spiderman is not part of this?

I wish marvel had the rights to all of their characters. it would be fun to see them "interact" if only briefly in these movies. Like, in last years spider man, I heard that they wanted to have spidey come across the still-damaged Stark Tower. Also, in Capt. america, they wanted him to encounter Wolverine and Magneto.