PDA

View Full Version : "The Man of Steel"

LA Ute
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I am looking forward to this one. But then, I always look forward to Superman movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NlOF03DUoWc

LA Ute
05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I am also excited for this film, but I am bummed that it seems inappropriate for kids. Superman has always been the most kid accessible superhero. I do hope they retain who the man of steel is - a purely good friend to everyone.

Right, it is a legend like the Lord of the Rings and should be preserved. I grew up reading Superman comics and that is a very fond memory.

WhiskyPriest
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I am excited for this movie as well. I have never been a big fan of Superman, but I have been really impressed with Christopher Nolan. Hopefully, the movie will live up to my expectations.

DanielLaRusso
06-12-2013, 06:35 PM
People hoping for the same Silver Age Superman that you got with the Reeve films may be disappointed. This film is pretty thoroughly Post-crisis in its portrayal of Superman (to me, at least)

Sullyute
06-19-2013, 04:56 PM
I watched this movie at the drive-in this weekend. Very unimpressed. It started strong with good character building and back story and then just went to a very predictable and long plot of unable-to-be-hurt supermen destroying cities as they fight each other. Also the dialogue is void of the many witty one liners from the Christopher Reeves movies.

I have to admit that Superman is my least favorite, by far, of all superheros, so I do have some bias here. Either way I wouldn't waste the money to see it in the theater unless you are a huge fan. Just wait six months and rent it for a night or better yet don't watch it at all.

LA Ute
06-19-2013, 05:45 PM
I liked a lot of it but was mostly disappointed. B-. I'll have more thoughts later.