PDA

View Full Version : Utah Football on TV

Crimsonute
05-29-2013, 11:06 AM
The Pac 12 announced that NAU @ Arizona will be the first game on the P12Net. Does that mean Utah State @ Utah on a ESPN Network? We might find out today.

Crimsonute
05-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Utah State at Utah on Fox Sports 1

FOX will kick off the 2013 Pac-12 season with three telecasts during the opening week of the season, starting Thursday, August 29, with Utah State at UTAH on FOX Sports 1, which marks the first college football game to be aired on FOX’s new, national, multi-sport network. (http://pac-12.com/Sports/Football/FootballArticle/tabid/251/Article/201187/Title/Pac-12-early-football-TV-schedule-announced.aspx)

DrumNFeather
05-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Announce Ute games so far:

Utah St - 6:00 pm Fox Sports 1
Weber St. - 12:00 pm P12 Networks
Oregon St. 8:00 pm Fox Sports 1
UCLA - 8:00 pm Fox Sports 1

Diehard Ute
05-29-2013, 12:36 PM
For those wondering, Fox Sports 1 is replacing SPEED on most cable systems in August

They're expecting it to be on most expanded basic packages with approximately 90,000,000 homes, they're also releasing a live streaming app Fox Sports Go

UtahsMrSports
05-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Darn. doesnt appear that it will be on basic comcast. I am getting tired of the ever-expanding list of networks that one must have to enjoy ones team. I remember the good old days when almost every single game could be viewed on KJZZ and once in a while on ESPN. But, that's the direction you have to go.

SoCalPat
05-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Announce Ute games so far:

Utah St - 6:00 pm Fox Sports 1
Weber St. - 12:00 pm P12 Networks
Oregon St. 8:00 pm Fox Sports 1
UCLA - 8:00 pm Fox Sports 1

Kind of a bummer that our lone Thursday night appearance isn't on ESPN. That said, the fewer games we have on the Pac-12 Network, the better. I'll take the three FS1 games as an encouraging sign for the rest of the season.

Diehard Ute
05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Darn. doesnt appear that it will be on basic comcast. I am getting tired of the ever-expanding list of networks that one must have to enjoy ones team. I remember the good old days when almost every single game could be viewed on KJZZ and once in a while on ESPN. But, that's the direction you have to go.

It may move, Fox expects it to be available in a more basic package

Applejack
05-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Kind of a bummer that our lone Thursday night appearance isn't on ESPN. That said, the fewer games we have on the Pac-12 Network, the better. I'll take the three FS1 games as an encouraging sign for the rest of the season.

WHA? I love games on the P-12 network because I can watch them online. Will that be true of FoxSportsUno?

Diehard Ute
05-29-2013, 01:56 PM
WHA? I love games on the P-12 network because I can watch them online. Will that be true of FoxSportsUno?

Yes, they're already promoting a live watch app

UtahsMrSports
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes, they're already promoting a live watch app

All right, here is a quick question for you guys........

I am not a techie at all (no smart phone, no tv package......) etc.

Is there some sort of thing I can subscribe to that would allow me to watch the games online at my computer?

Diehard Ute
05-29-2013, 02:17 PM
All right, here is a quick question for you guys........

I am not a techie at all (no smart phone, no tv package......) etc.

Is there some sort of thing I can subscribe to that would allow me to watch the games online at my computer?

Not really, most alternative options require you to be able to get the channel via cable or satellite to use the Internet feeds

SoCalPat
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
It may move, Fox expects it to be available in a more basic package

I was ready to jump on this sentiment, but after reading this story (and knowing of our difficulty of getting the P-12 network on DirecTV), I'm not as optimistic. I will still shell out the $ for the expanded sports package on DirecTV.

http://www.whatyoupayforsports.com/2013/04/the-fox-sports-1-plan/

UtahsMrSports
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Not really, most alternative options require you to be able to get the channel via cable or satellite to use the Internet feeds

Figures. Guess I might have to pay up!

Diehard Ute
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
I was ready to jump on this sentiment, but after reading this story (and knowing of our difficulty of getting the P-12 network on DirecTV), I'm not as optimistic. I will still shell out the $ for the expanded sports package on DirecTV.

http://www.whatyoupayforsports.com/2013/04/the-fox-sports-1-plan/

We'll see.

The Pac12 Network is a different animal than this though, especially with NASCAR and MLB (and to some degree the NFL) involved.

It's much harder for providers to argue the cost aspects when you have slam dunk 'national' brands involved

SavaUte
05-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Figures. Guess I might have to pay up!

You could go to Iggys or something. Dinner and free game.

Diehard Ute
05-29-2013, 02:56 PM
You could go to Iggys or something. Dinner and free game.

That's not worth enduring Iggy's

jrj84105
05-29-2013, 05:20 PM
I think Fox's plan is to pull all sports off of the FX channel and put them on FOX Sports 1/2. They want FOX Sports to directly compete with ESPN, and I would wager that the first priority is getting it on basic packages alongside ESPN/ESPN2. I would be very surprised if anyone who has the PAC12 networks on cable/DISH would be without FOX Sports 1 when it launches. Since DTV is putting all their eggs in the NFL sunday ticket basket, they may be the only provider to balk at this.