PDA

View Full Version : No one told me there's a Popeyes Chicken in Lehi

Katy Lied
06-05-2013, 09:39 AM
One of my coworkers mentioned it in passing. I love love love Popeye's Red Beans & Rice. Popeye's has been the worst kind of tease in Utah, because they have had two locations here for a long time, but no one could ever get to them. The first one is in Hill Air Force Base and off limits to non-military personnel. The second one is in the SLC Airport, past the security checkpoint so you cant go there either.

I was pleased to find out that there is now one at Thanksgiving Point, open for about a month. But now I'm conflicted because it is just down the street from El Pollo Loco. Popeyes or Pollo? Pollo or Popeyes?

There have been way too many Dickie's BBQ joints opening up in Salt Lake and too few Pollo/Popeyes.

Scratch
06-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Here's the answer:

LA Ute
06-05-2013, 10:13 AM
On my way home I pick up dinner from El Pollo Loco probably two or three times a month. It's a great concept and the food is delish.

utebehindenemylines
06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
The first one is in Hill Air Force Base and off limits to non-military personnel. .

This isn't entirely true. I am non-military but work as a civilian on base. But you do have to have access to the base, ie CAC card.

San Diego Ute Fan
06-05-2013, 11:56 AM
You can't go wrong with PL or Popeyes. Both are wonderful.