PDA

View Full Version : Millie Flamm

Rocker Ute
06-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Sorry to post this in this category, but couldn't figure out the right spot for it, mods feel free to move it wherever you would like. For those former and current UF.N'ers Millie Flamm passed away this morning. Her father made this post:

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1517122

I have to admit my heart is broken over this. She was a little girl who brought out the best of a lot of people and while the miracle I really wanted didn't happen, she was the source of a modern miracle in my life. The little fundraiser we did came at what was probably one of the lowest points of my life, and witnessing that directly truly did change my life.

Her battle with Leukemia was nearly identical to my best friend's, who died nearly 10 years ago. When I saw what was going on with her treatment I never wanted to say that, but I think today that adds to the pain.

I hope they find comfort in their faith and belief that they'll be able to see her again, that she is free from further pain and she is surrounded by loved ones.

Mormon Red Death
06-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Sorry to post this in this category, but couldn't figure out the right spot for it, mods feel free to move it wherever you would like. For those former and current UF.N'ers Millie Flamm passed away this morning. Her father made this post:

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1517122

I have to admit my heart is broken over this. She was a little girl who brought out the best of a lot of people and while the miracle I really wanted didn't happen, she was the source of a modern miracle in my life. The little fundraiser we did came at what was probably one of the lowest points of my life, and witnessing that directly truly did change my life.

Her battle with Leukemia was nearly identical to my best friend's, who died nearly 10 years ago. When I saw what was going on with her treatment I never wanted to say that, but I think today that adds to the pain.

I hope they find comfort in their faith and belief that they'll be able to see her again, that she is free from further pain and she is surrounded by loved ones.

That hurts... I ache for them and wish there was someway I could help them out.

UBlender
06-18-2013, 10:32 AM
This is devastating. I am absolutely heartbroken right now.

I have a 16 month old little girl who has reflux, which made her unable to sleep comfortably for very long during most of the first year of her life. For about six months she has been sleeping pretty well, but has had a flare up recently as we tried to wean her off of the medications. So for the last two weeks there have been some rough nights, last night being one of the worst--I'm on about three hours of sleep today. I've been doing a lot of "woe is me" in the last few days.

Now, between the news of Millie and also hearing about Trevor Reilly's 8 month old daughter who is beginning 16 weeks of chemo, everything is in perspective. I feel ill for the Flamms and the Reillys. My troubles are nothing, I am grateful to have a sweet little girl whose ailments are not life-threatening.

I'm glad I don't have any meetings today because I am shaken by this news.

Jarid in Cedar
06-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Good bless their heavy hearts. I am exposed to this more than most, but the emotion still rises up.

LA Ute
06-18-2013, 12:18 PM
What a tough thing to go through. I can only imagine what it must be like. I hope I'd be as strong and classy as the Flamms were. God bless them. Millie was such an amazing little girl, and taught me a lot.

TribUTE
06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Everybody give your kids an extra hug tonight. God, please bless the Flamms.

arizonaute
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Reading about Millie and listening to Mo Tab blow out "come come ye saints" is a bad combo for me. I am pretty sure I would be more worked up than the Flamms. Hoping for peace and love for them right now.

jrj84105
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
This is devastating news. My heart goes out to the Flamm family.

GarthUte
06-19-2013, 09:38 PM
This saddens me deeply. One of the things in life which bothers me is when children pass away. I've always had a problem with it and having kids of my own only makes it more difficult to accept.

God bless the Flamm's in this very difficult time.

LA Ute
06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Here's a sweet video about Millie and her family. Keep some Kleenex handy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RROMOL-BxRk&feature=player_embedded

mUUser
06-20-2013, 06:21 AM
You may never know what someone on this board is going through. Pays to be kind to everyone every day. My sympathies to them.

UtahDan
06-20-2013, 06:47 AM
You may never know what someone on this board is going through. Pays to be kind to everyone every day. My sympathies to them.

Well said. Whatever this existence is, it is brief. It is also wonderful/excruciating. I feel deep sympathy for this family and I hope that in time they will be able to have mostly happy thoughts and feelings about the time they got with this lovely little child.

DrumNFeather
06-20-2013, 07:16 AM

Right on the money. Sometimes we forget that the faceless people behind all of our screen names and avatars are real people with real problems...some more than others. Today is my daughter's birthday, and the fact that I get to spend it with her when other parents go through such tragedies and are unable to reach birthdays is not lost on me in the least. My heart goes out to this family.