PDA

View Full Version : Utes Add Connor Van Brocklin

Diehard Ute
06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Didn't see this posted yet

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865582372/Utes-basketball-adds-Connor-Van-Brocklin-for-2013-14-season.html

Looks like a walk on with a chance to earn a scholarship.

Thoughts?

Jarid in Cedar
06-28-2013, 09:15 PM
My thoughts as well. He is a good candidate to take a one year scholarship, if we don't find anyone who has just been transplanted from the arctic circle who deserves a Pac-12 ride.

SeattleUte
06-30-2013, 12:25 AM
has there ever been a walk on who contributed to the basketball Utes?

Mormon Red Death
06-30-2013, 08:47 AM

Blaine wilkins or whatever his name was two years ago started for Utah. Of course that was our worst team ever.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Senioritis
07-01-2013, 04:01 PM

Chris Fulton started about half the season with Tommy Connor on a team that went 19-11. I don't remember if it's because Gondrezick got hurt or whatever, but Fulton was fat and sassy.

WhiskyPriest
07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
He is a 6 foot 5 inch leftie that can shoot. He might be able to make the team.

SoCalPat
07-02-2013, 12:02 PM

Ryan Hunt, during the infamous 14-14 year under Maji. Not only was he Ma Jian's translator, but he logged some important minutes in the backcourt for us that year after Darrol Wright was booted/left the team. He was a huge factor in our OT win against Hawaii -- an NCAA tournament team -- at the JHC.

Applejack
07-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Ryan Hunt, during the infamous 14-14 year under Maji. Not only was he Ma Jian's translator, but he logged some important minutes in the backcourt for us that year after Darrol Wright was booted/left the team. He was a huge factor in our OT win against Hawaii -- an NCAA tournament team -- at the JHC.

Ryan Hunt! I was trying to remember his name.

Was Jeff Connolly a walk-on or did his game just give off that vibe?

SoCalPat
07-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Ryan Hunt! I was trying to remember his name.

Was Jeff Connolly a walk-on or did his game just give off that vibe?

Touche'. Much like you couldn't remember Hunt, I'm a dork for forgetting Connolly (yes, he walked on and probably could've seen significant minutes in the aforementioned 14-14 season, but gave up hoops for his studies), seeing I went to school with him at Clayton Jr. High and like an even bigger dork, tried reaching out to him after 8 years of no contact for tickets to the BYU-Utah game that sealed the WAC regular season crown in the 1992-93 season.

Connolly went to Highland, which begs a follow-up question. Have there ever been any Highland grads that logged big minutes at the U.?

Applejack
07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Touche'. Much like you couldn't remember Hunt, I'm a dork for forgetting Connolly (yes, he walked on and probably could've seen significant minutes in the aforementioned 14-14 season, but gave up hoops for his studies), seeing I went to school with him at Clayton Jr. High and like an even bigger dork, tried reaching out to him after 8 years of no contact for tickets to the BYU-Utah game that sealed the WAC regular season crown in the 1992-93 season.

Connolly went to Highland, which begs a follow-up question. Have there ever been any Highland grads that logged big minutes at the U.?

Clayton Cougars 4 Life! :highfive:

chrisrenrut
07-02-2013, 12:47 PM

Jeff Judkins

U-Ute
07-03-2013, 07:48 PM

I remember that game. He played solid D on Ruffin and kept him in check at the end. Everyone gave him an ovation at the end.

It was fun to watch.