PDA

View Full Version : Slimmer Loveridge looks to increase role.....

UtahsMrSports
07-12-2013, 01:40 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/56587801-89/loveridge-jordan-forward-pounds.html.csp?page=2

Can I just say, as a fanbase, we are so lucky to have Tony Jones on the beat?

wally
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/56587801-89/loveridge-jordan-forward-pounds.html.csp?page=2

Can I just say, as a fanbase, we are so lucky to have Tony Jones on the beat?

Tony Jones is great, he discerns more than what the PR machines of organizations emphasize and does so tactfully, IMO.

LA Ute
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I recognize and am grateful for Tony's awesomeness.

Scratch
07-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I do think it's interesting that Jordan is losing all of this weight at a time when we're looking very small in the front court. I believe this will probably make him a better overall player next year, but the timing is a bit interesting given our roster construction next year.

sancho
07-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I do think it's interesting that Jordan is losing all of this weight at a time when we're looking very small in the front court. I believe this will probably make him a better overall player next year, but the timing is a bit interesting given our roster construction next year.

Olson to log PF minutes with Bach/Kova at C? Maybe some good small ball lineups?

UtahsMrSports
07-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Olson to log PF minutes with Bach/Kova at C? Maybe some good small ball lineups?

I like both of these ideas. Having two bigs or going small.........makes game planning for us a bit more difficult!

Scratch
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM

Maybe, but that's not a lot of depth, and also relies a lot on three guys who have either never played D-1 ball or never played very significant minutes.

UtahsMrSports
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM

Another thing to keep in mind...........I think Jordan had some back problems last year ?

If so, 25 pounds less can only help in that department.

UtahsMrSports
07-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Maybe, but that's not a lot of depth, and also relies a lot on three guys who have either never played D-1 ball or never played very significant minutes.

On the plus side, it will be easier to tell Chapman that he can waltz right in and play 30 minutes or more a night!

Man, I hope we land that kid!

U-Ute
07-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Saw Loveridge on campus this morning.

Skinnier, but more buff. I think all he lost was some of that baby fat.