PDA

View Full Version : The best way to follow Utah Ute football is to join Utefans.net.

Not Chad Sexington
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Utefans.net will have spring practice and scrimmage reports and has the most knowledgeable participants. You won't find better info and discussion about football and U of U athletics anywhere outside of Utefans.net.

www.utefans.net (http://www.utefans.net)

SavaUte
02-20-2013, 12:23 AM
I've seen Ma'ake post over here today, haven't seen him in ages over there. He's more knowledgeable than most when it comes to Ute football

Hockeybeard
02-20-2013, 12:28 AM
I know you're just over here to rattle the cage {edit:} Poster-alleged-to-be-Moose. But I'm going to respectfully disagree with your exercise in hyperbole. Utefans.net is a great site for the guys and gals that like it over there. But I think there are a lot of us who are tired of the gimmicks, sarcasm, and general snobbishnes you can encounter on a daily basis.

I'm of the belief that more than 1 UofU board can exist in this world.

Hadrian
02-20-2013, 12:28 AM
No disrespect to utefans, but I much prefer this twenty-first century forum layout.

Not Chad Sexington
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM
I've seen Ma'ake post over here today, haven't seen him in ages over there. He's more knowledgeable than most when it comes to Ute football

Ma'ake posts on Utefans.net all the time. I've never seen him post here. Ma'ake will be found at Utefans.net during spring ball, as will anyone else who has connections and is knowledgeable about Ute football.

Redbird
02-20-2013, 02:15 AM
I believe I speak for many when I say I'm grateful for ufn and what monkey has built over the years. There's a good chance this board never exists without it. And in combination with utezone, the Utah site on scouts.com, and ufn, UB5 exists as another way to fulfill the forum needs of Ute fans across the internets.

Utefans.net is a fine board, and I'm sure many folks here will continue to participate there in some capacity.

UTEopia
02-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Utefans has been a great place over the years. I think that many of the posters here are some of the original posters on Utefans who for various reasons have grown weary of wading through all of the non-Ute related stuff on Utefans looking for more discussions and less name calling.

kute
02-20-2013, 07:11 AM
I got tired of wading through the pages of self gratification over at UFN just to find a small nugget of information. The layout of this board allows each member to get to the info they want quickly. Between being a member of Utezone and this I am confident I will have more football info than UFN.

480ute
02-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Why can't we have both, Chad? I love utefans, and still plan on frequenting there, but being out of state it will be nice to ask a question about our teams once in awhile without getting a bunch of smart ass remarks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that at times, and lord knows I have mixed it up plenty over there when it comes to being a smart ass, but I look forward to having two places to visit depending on my mood, and/or needs.

Not Chad Sexington
02-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Why can't we have both, Chad? I love utefans, and still plan on frequenting there, but being out of state it will be nice to ask a question about our teams once in awhile without getting a bunch of smart ass remarks. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that at times, and lord knows I have mixed it up plenty over there when it comes to being a smart ass, but I look forward to having two places to visit depending on my mood, and/or needs.

There already is another option for Utefans: BlockU.com. There is no need for this site.

Utah
02-20-2013, 08:21 AM
There already is another option for Utefans: BlockU.com. There is no need for this site.

LOL. Obviously if there was no need for this site, it wouldn't be here.

There are a lot of differences between this site and UF.N. If you don't like them, don't come here. If you do like them, then come here.

Don't be frightened of a little competition. If this place starts doing better then UF.N, then you have two options: Fade into obscurity with sfork and the other douches over there, or improve and get better. You decide.

If UF.N was all it's cracked up to be, this site wouldn't be here.

Also, when it comes to blocku.com, I bet they would LOVE to have another site linking to them.

Utah
02-20-2013, 08:24 AM
I got tired of wading through the pages of self gratification over at UFN just to find a small nugget of information. The layout of this board allows each member to get to the info they want quickly. Between being a member of Utezone and this I am confident I will have more football info than UFN.

This. UF.N is old technology. It's unorganized, it's old, it's sucks to wade through five empty pages of crap just to see someone post about Sorenson's tweet.

This layout is better. If I'm right, then this site will do great. If I'm wrong, then it will bomb and I'll be back at UF.N soon enough.

Like I said, don't be scared of a little competition. Competition makes everyone better.

redpatty
02-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Judging by the response this site has already received, I'd say it's very much needed and appreciated. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get all the Ute news I want both here and at UteZone. Like others, I don't like wading through pages and pages of "nothing". I love this format because it will eliminate that and enable me to follow discussions of interest to me.

To each his own. There's room for everyone.

BYU71
02-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Utefans.net will have spring practice and scrimmage reports and has the most knowledgeable participants. You won't find better info and discussion about football and U of U athletics anywhere outside of Utefans.net.

www.utefans.net (http://www.utefans.net)

LOL, I ventured over there long ago. I wish you success in keeping posters with the same I.Q. level as yourself over there with you.

Hockeybeard
02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't really understand what you mean. I just waded through pages of nothing to get to your post, which itself was pretty much nothing. Now I am adding yet another content free post of mostly clutter.

So far in a few days, I see no difference between the football content on the two sites. I have yet to see a football insight that I haven't already seen over there.

Doesn't matter to me which site people want to use, but having all the ute fans together makes more sense than having multiple small groups.

Why do the "multiple small groups" have to be mutually exclusive? In fact, I enjoy being able to browse more than 1 website before my Utah fix is exhausted.

Diehard Ute
02-20-2013, 10:54 AM
I don't really understand what you mean. I just waded through pages of nothing to get to your post, which itself was pretty much nothing. Now I am adding yet another content free post of mostly clutter.

So far in a few days, I see no difference between the football content on the two sites. I have yet to see a football insight that I haven't already seen over there.

Doesn't matter to me which site people want to use, but having all the ute fans together makes more sense than having multiple small groups.

It's a pretty simple concept. I can click on the football portion for football, basketball portion for basketball etc

UFN has no way to keep checking threads for new posts, instead you have to find which page it's scrolled back to.

And frankly you didn't have all Ute fans together as many of the hardcore sports fans gave up on Utefans quite some time ago because it has very little sports content that can be accessed easily and quickly, something this site allows

LA Ute
02-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Stick around. We're still working out kinks and building the community. (Hey, we're barely 3 days old, for Pete's sake!) Also, you'll need a little time to get acquainted with the vBulletin format. For example:

Here you can subscribe to a particular thread and get a variety of email notifications when there are new posts in that thread.
When you log on, if you click on "my profile" at the top you'll see if there are any new posts in any thread you've subscribed to.
The "New Posts" button shows you all the new posts since you last logged on.
You can start your own thread on a subject that interests you and take part in a conversation over time.

There are other features. It's just a different approach. There's plenty of room for both UF.net and UB5.

Mormon Red Death
02-20-2013, 11:35 AM
I understand how it works. I understand how the other site works. They are both very easy. People get so uptight about format. I guess I'm not wired that way.

I just like the idea of most Utah fans in one place sharing ideas. I'm trying things out here. So far it's basically the same arguments, ideas, insights, and complaints (which, honestly, how can it not be? fans are fans).

The best thing about utahby5's format is the fact that you can have an ongoing debate. It wont just be lost in an hour as its pushed to page 5. If you prefer drive by posting and quick hits UF.N can be very accommodating. If you prefer to see debate and discussion that isnt relegated to page 5 in a couple of hours then UB5 is better.

Mormon Red Death
02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
All interesting, meaningful debates resurface on page 1 pretty quickly. You can have good conversations in either format.

Without knowing too many details, I get an impression that this site is about much more than format and content.

so IF it comes back to page 1 then some people will have to put their argument on again. Additionally since this site it tapatalk enabled following on your phone or tablet is 1000x easier.

norm
02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
...Additionally since this site it tapatalk enabled following on your phone or tablet is 1000x easier.

For me, this is enough reason in and of itself to like this site.

mpfunk
02-20-2013, 12:13 PM
For me, this is enough reason in and of itself to like this site.

I have limited my posting on utefans.net for several reasons. I almost never even access the site anymore because there isn't a viable mobile solution. vBulletin is the best format out there and when you add Tapatalk to your mobile, it makes it worlds better for accessing on a phone.

If you have a tablet, TapatalkHD is even better.

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
All interesting, meaningful debates resurface on page 1 pretty quickly. You can have good conversations in either format.

Without knowing too many details, I get an impression that this site is about much more than format and content.

You are correct. The format was chosen by me because it is what I and the board founders are familiar with. The content is driven by those who post. I have some ideas to add content that may or may not be different, but right now, I am just trying to manage the launch.

As far as the preferences of others, they are migrating here for reasons that are their own. Whether they stay is also for reasons that are their own. If you are implying that the site was started with malicious intent, then you are incorrect.

Jarid in Cedar
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I never had any impression of malicious intent.

It seems - from a distant outside view - that hurt feelings and dislike of certain people had as much to do with this site as any concerns over format.

The idea for the site has been in conception for over a year. I have worked it over in my mind to some reasonable depth. But sitting in a life raft as the Titanic sinks tends to add a little urgency to the endeavor.

I, personally, do not have any hurt feelings over recent changes at CUF. I saw those changes as an opportunity and frankly a needed kick in the pants to start this site. In fact, I consider it a good thing. I thought there was a niche for another Ute forum on the interweb. So far, it would appear that I was correct. Whether the site will remain interesting enough for all those who have signed up to remain engaged, remains to be seen.

Hopefully, they will.

kccougar
02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
I know the U fans here are trying their hardest not to step on any toes over at Utefans.net, so as a BYU fan that posted there for years I'll go ahead and say it. Utefans.net is a mess, both in format and content. And it has been for a long time. It's no coincidence that many of the posters who started this site and the ones flocking here now are the same ones who left Utefans.net one by one over several years. I'm happy for the U fans that have a new home they can feel comfortable with.

redpatty
02-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Well said kccougar. I donated and posted to that site - under a different name - for a while. I just don't enjoy it anymore. However, if ufn is one's preference, so be it.

mpfunk
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Ultimately, one of my biggest issues with utefans.net really is format. I do not have a viable mobile alternative to access the site. A good percentage of my browsing on these boards is done on my phone and utefans.net doesn't cut it. I also really came to prefer the vBulletin format. I hate the threaded message board format like utefans/cougarboard.

While I may not love the content on utefans, I'm not sure that I would go back even if the content was solid due to the format.

I also really hope that Utefans continues to be a site that fans enjoy and that has active participation.

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with MP....this site allows much better access via a mobile interface.

I also do prefer this format as well.

Devildog
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
I read UF.net and CUF for years, both offered solid content.

I ended up participating much more on the old CUF due to the substance of the conversation and the people involved. The format here lends itself better to longer, more in depth discussions.

I believe the concern about competing forums is overblown. It has already been said earlier, that the choice of site doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

Opinion forums are about finding the right fit. I found myself posting much more on the old CUF due to the people involved (most of those same Ute fans are now registered here), but I often still read UF.net for the opinion and content of people I find funny, intelligent, and informed.

Blueintheface
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I used to post on ufn, even somehow managed to garner over 500 of the red stars (postive, right? - it's been years) and while I agree that plenty of up-to-date information was posted on the site it was hard to wade through the useless drivel and the unreadable format. I do miss the boardmails about Joseph Smith's sexual habits though, but I've learned to live on.

Congrats on getting this site up and running and in a great format (I'll be honest I still have no idea why the combined board went BYU-centric though). Some great people have migrated over to this board (not you LA, you wfb) so I wish you well and hope I'm at least passively welcomed over here from time to time.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
I always wondered why UteFans was .net, just to be edgy?

utefan
02-20-2013, 10:46 PM
No disrespect to utefans, but I much prefer this twenty-first century forum layout.

This. They really need to do some upgrades over at utefans.net. The layout and format of the boards suck.

I'm posting this using tapatalk on my phone, a concept they don't seem to get at utefans.

480ute
02-21-2013, 08:59 AM
This. They really need to do some upgrades over at utefans.net. The layout and format of the boards suck.

I'm posting this using tapatalk on my phone, a concept they don't seem to get at utefans.
I've always accessed utefans on my mobile phone by going directly to their site. Never really had any issues, and thought you guys were kinda full of crap until I tried tapatalk last night for the first time. It was magnificent.

UtahDan
02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
I've always accessed utefans on my mobile phone by going directly to their site. Never really had any issues, and thought you guys were kinda full of shit until I tried tapatalk last night for the first time. It was magnificent.

Yeah, I resisted Tapatalk for a long time but I almost like reading VB better on it as opposed to my desktop.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I resisted Tapatalk for a long time but I almost like reading VB better on it as opposed to my desktop.

i am in the same camp. the only fault i have found with it is that it doesn't do polls. other than that, it is awesome. the interface is user friendly. i like the "unread posts" option to show the threads that you have been participating in that have new posts since the last time you were there. it's slick.

big z
02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
I have two complaints about UFN which is why i'm over here more since it's launch.

1. It's slow, takes forever to load. I under stand it's probably sitting on a large database that has indexed all the archived posts but some days it's brutally slow.

2. No mobile support, when i'm home i'm usually browsing on either my phone or tablet.

utefan
02-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Well as long as this site keeps the pressure on utefans, they'll have to upgrade eventually.

I've asked about tapatalk support many times over there, and the response is always a mix of "donate..." "just use your computer like me..." and "I post using the browser on my phone..."

I am stunned that they haven't made it work with tapatalk yet, and haven't even made a decent mobile version.

Oh well, I'm glad there is finally a viable alternative. I hope this site continues to grow and improve, and utefans finally caves to the added pressure and joins the 21st century. The more the merrier.

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
I had no idea that so many people use their phones for this. I can't really imagine the setting where I would use a phone to browse/post.

I guess if tapatalk is such a big deal to so many people, this site is necessary. Content wise, it seems there's is little difference. I will, of course, go wherever most of the people end up. The whole point to me is to have as many Ute fans as possible in one place.

If you look at the Who is Online window, over half of the users are on tapatalk

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Hahaha. I just installed it while sitting in my car, listening to the game on the radio, while waiting for my daughter to get out of her dance class.

Technology rules.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
I installed it over lunch today. It's amazing. I may never get any work done again. ;)

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Wow, this makes me feel old.

What do you young people do? Post while driving? While in class? At work? In the bathroom? I post while killing time at the computer.

yes

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks to Jarid's evil encouragement I got Tapatalk today. I can see why everyone likes it so much and how it can take over someone's life. Deadly.

SeattleUte
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Somebody probably said this and I missed it. This site is not competing with Utefans. UB5 offers a different experience altogether. It's not a zero sum game between the sites. There is room for both Blanton's and Macallan in your cupboard.

Big Dave
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
There's no reason to have anything other than High West's Rendezvous Rye Whiskey in your cupboard.

utefan
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I just saw on utefans.net Chad Sexington posted an announcement saying that the guy over here using his handle is an imposter.

Well done imposter.

Diehard Ute
02-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Wow, this makes me feel old.

What do you young people do? Post while driving? While in class? At work? In the bathroom? I post while killing time at the computer.

Just don't bother turning on my computer when I can have my ipad/iPhone on my couch

Utegasm
02-22-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm enjoying this site. I used to be at Utefans and still browse occasionally but there's a bit too much non-Ute sports stuff. I get a kick out of the occasional drama....90 percent of which is always caused by the same 10 percent of people....(this axiom holds true in all walks of life). But I don't take any of it too seriously.
PS: What the hell is Tapatalk?

Jarid in Cedar
02-22-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm enjoying this site. I used to be at Utefans and still browse occasionally but there's a bit too much non-Ute sports stuff. I get a kick out of the occasional drama....90 percent of which is always caused by the same 10 percent of people....(this axiom holds true in all walks of life). But I don't take any of it too seriously.
PS: What the hell is Tapatalk?

Go to the app store on your phone our tablet. Costs about $3. Your life will be forever changed.

You can thank me later :)

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Homer Crimson
02-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I just saw on utefans.net Chad Sexington posted an announcement saying that the guy over here using his handle is an imposter.

Well done imposter.

Well, it didn't take long for the asshats to show up here. I suspect a lot of UF.N posters will find that their names have already been registered over here by folks with an axe to grind.

480ute
02-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Well, it didn't take long for the asshats to show up here. I suspect a lot of UF.N posters will find that their names have already been registered over here by folks with an axe to grind.
That's why I was sure to scoop up 480ute immediately. I don't need any help making me look stupid, thank you very much.

U-Ute
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Go to the app store on your phone our tablet. Costs about $3. Your life will be forever changed.

You can thank me later :)

Oh, and welcome to the board.

My bathroom habits have now completely changed.

crazyute
02-22-2013, 10:59 AM

and that is a big reason why i left that site!! and am glad this one now exists. it was pretty bad over there. too much ego.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM

Yep. Everyone better sign up here quick before they have their own imposters.

By the way, I think both sites can co-exist and thrive. The difference in formats just adds a little variety to you Utes board surfing experience.

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Yep. Everyone better sign up here quick before they have their own imposters.

By the way, I think both sites can co-exist and thrive. The difference in formats just adds a little variety to you Utes board surfing experience.
I agree Tacoma. No reason people can't frequent both. A little competition is good for the soul.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 11:52 AM
I agree Tacoma. No reason people can't frequent both. A little competition is good for the soul.

Plus it gives you something to do during slow moments. You can switch back and forth instead of just sitting there hitting Refresh.

UtahDan
02-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Yep. Everyone better sign up here quick before they have their own imposter.

We want very much to prevent this from happening, and are coordinating with other site owners to verify that it has when it is called to our attention. If anyone is aware of this, please point out.

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Plus it gives you something to do during slow moments. You can switch back and forth instead of just sitting there hitting Refresh.
Hopefully more female posters will join this board. I absolutely love sports, but I admit I am not the most knowledgeable about the ins and outs. It would be great to have some other females around.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Hopefully more female posters will join this board. I absolutely love sports, but I admit I am not the most knowledgeable about the ins and outs. It would be great to have some other females around.

That would be cool. There doesn't seem to be near as many females on UFN as there used to be. Probably becuause crazy guys get out of line too much.

mpfunk
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?118-Welcome-female-UB5-posters!!!

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Thank you mpfunk!!

Utahute72
02-24-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, but I hear a lot about format and discussion, but utezone and to a lesser extent, the scout site, actually provide real content. Now they are pay sites and therefore they hire reporters to actually visit practice and write stories. The Utezone guys have ins with the coaching staff that no one else does so you get a lot of the back story. In fairness, utezone was the first site I was on and I still like it best.

OrangeUte
02-24-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry, but I hear a lot about format and discussion, but utezone and to a lesser extent, the scout site, actually provide real content. Now they are pay sites and therefore they hire reporters to actually visit practice and write stories. The Utezone guys have ins with the coaching staff that no one else does so you get a lot of the back story. In fairness, utezone was the first site I was on and I still like it best.

I think I will join for these things that you mention. That site sounds like its juicy with information on recruiting and the team in general. This site is not trying to be a competing site to rivals/UteZone. Two completely different formats.

LA Ute
02-24-2013, 07:38 PM
I think I will join for these things that you mention. That site sounds like its juicy with information on recruiting and the team in general. This site is not trying to be a competing site to rivals/UteZone. Two completely different formats.

Correct. I am a UteZone member. I think it is a great site for the hard-core Ute sports fan. There are actual paid journalists there who dig up information about the programs and write about it. That is the value of the site. There's also a mind-numbing amount of detail regarding recruiting, for those who are interested in that and have the time and interest necessary to follow it. I don't, but I am glad there are others who do!

OrangeUte
02-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Correct. I am a UteZone member. I think it is a great site for the hard-core Ute sports fan. There are actual paid journalists there who dig up information about the programs and write about it. That is the value of the site. There's also a mind-numbing amount of detail regarding recruiting, for those who are interested in that and have the time and interest necessary to follow it. I don't, but I am glad there are others who do!

It's a resource and news site, then.

Sounds like it is well worth the investment.

This site is a place to settle into you soft leather chair with a cigar and talk about those issues with other cigar smoking friends. And, yes, women smoke cigars too, sometimes putting all others to shame when it comes to smoking a stogie and pontificating.

Utahute72
02-24-2013, 07:54 PM
It's a resource and news site, then.

Sounds like it is well worth the investment.

This site is a place to settle into you soft leather chair with a cigar and talk about those issues with other cigar smoking friends. And, yes, women smoke cigars too, sometimes putting all others to shame when it comes to smoking a stogie and pontificating.

There is a forum thread where you can pontificate away, but strictly related to sports topics and combined with a lot of written content. For example they are publishing interviews with all the recruits and when camp starts they will publish a story about each session. They also interview the coaches and players on a regular basis. They also have report at basketball practice that provides pretty good information on that sport. So more hardcore than either this site or utefans.

UtesMuss1
02-26-2013, 08:40 AM
That would be cool. There doesn't seem to be near as many females on UFN as there used to be. Probably becuause crazy guys get out of line too much.

Nice to see some ufn posters here like Tacoma, ladyute, LAUte, etc. Yeah, just wanted to sign up before if moose steals any more names. Otherwise, seems like a nice place for more Ute stuff.

Smileyguy1
02-26-2013, 09:23 AM
i know this has been said but the #1 reason i wont post at Ufn is the layout. I lurk the main page over there but that's it.

Rocker Ute
02-26-2013, 09:33 AM
i know this has been said but the #1 reason i wont post at Ufn is the layout. I lurk the main page over there but that's it.

I know a lot of people have a chub for vbulletin, I find it to be clunky to read in other ways (one being the whole quote thing to reply to someone in a thread). I have a vision for a message board that is a hybrid of the digest mode on uf.n and the good things from vbulletin, I call it RockerBulletin. Look for it on the shelves at a retailer near you.

Crimsonute
02-26-2013, 10:52 AM
We want very much to prevent this from happening, and are coordinating with other site owners to verify that it has when it is called to our attention. If anyone is aware of this, please point out.A few years ago, I guy came on UF.net calling me out telling me I stole his username. I asked what he was talking about. I have had the username since 2003. Asked where he was in 2003. He never got back to me on that.

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Crimson, I think that was RockerUte....in fact I know it was Rocker.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I know a lot of people have a chub for vbulletin, I find it to be clunky to read in other ways (one being the whole quote thing to reply to someone in a thread). I have a vision for a message board that is a hybrid of the digest mode on uf.n and the good things from vbulletin, I call it RockerBulletin. Look for it on the shelves at a retailer near you.

I would guess many of your early adopters will be fan sites for Van Halen and Poison.

Tacoma Ute
02-26-2013, 12:05 PM

I like the layout of ufn. It makes it so you don't end up with threads with 20 pages of posts to wade through. Having said that I am glad this site started and uses a different layout. I think the 2 sites compliment each other. I wouldn't want them to be clones of each other. I like having each one open in different windows and going back and forth.

I love both sites and I hope they both stay as they are!

Rocker Ute
02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
I would guess many of your early adopters will be fan sites for Van Halen and Poison.

I was thinking it would be more furniture makers.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I was thinking it would be more furniture makers.

Doubling market share prior to launch, call Shark Tank!

Tacoma Ute
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/HappLand%21.jpg

Yes! Not quite paradise but close. :cheers:

Crimsonute
02-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Utefans.net is #1 on my Google Chrome "Most Visited" page. Utahby5 just poped up at #8.

Blueintheface
02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
I used to post on ufn, even somehow managed to garner over 500 of the red stars (postive, right? - it's been years) and while I agree that plenty of up-to-date information was posted on the site it was hard to wade through the useless drivel and the unreadable format. I do miss the boardmails about Joseph Smith's sexual habits though, but I've learned to live on.

Congrats on getting this site up and running and in a great format (I'll be honest I still have no idea why the combined board went BYU-centric though). Some great people have migrated over to this board (not you LA, you wfb) so I wish you well and hope I'm at least passively welcomed over here from time to time.

Too bad, one of the culprits has already joined. :(

Crimsonute
02-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Too bad, one of the culprits has already joined. :(I used to get Boardmail from JohnVA telling me it's OK to hit a woman in the face if someone else touches one's BlackBerry.

Blueintheface
02-26-2013, 04:09 PM
I used to get Boardmail from JohnVA telling me it's OK to hit a woman in the face if someone else touches one's BlackBerry.

I have no doubt this door swings both ways. It's a shame which is why I'm glad to see the group that put itself out there to create and moderate this board. A bunch of very good eggs in addition to being great Ute fans.