Thread: cald22well

cald22well

Bored at work (You'll learn that many of my posts start this way) so I figured I would come over and check out utahby5. Already interested in some of the discussions going on. Any questions, just ask.

Welcome to the board. What is the origin of your moniker?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Welcome to the board. What is the origin of your moniker?
    My bet: We have another Idahoan among us. Welcome!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    My bet: We have another Idahoan among us. Welcome!
    Actually, I was born in SLC and moved back and forth between Henderson (Vegas) and Southern Utah.

As far as my moniker, my last name is Caldwell and I have always liked the number 22. Sometime about my 7th grade year, when I first started to get on the internet, I quickly became sick of the fact the Caldwell22 or 22Caldwell was always taken. So one day, I simply put it in the middle and I have used it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by cald22well View Post
    Actually, I was born in SLC and moved back and forth between Henderson (Vegas) and Southern Utah.

As far as my moniker, my last name is Caldwell and I have always liked the number 22. Sometime about my 7th grade year, when I first started to get on the internet, I quickly became sick of the fact the Caldwell22 or 22Caldwell was always taken. So one day, I simply put it in the middle and I have used it ever since.
    Rats. I was guessing a connection to Caldwell, Idaho. That has nothing to do with anything, so welcome!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by cald22well View Post

Simplest explanations are typically best. Again, welcome. Hope you find the site to your liking.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Rats. I was guessing a connection to Caldwell, Idaho. That has nothing to do with anything, so welcome!
    I was born in Caldwell, Idaho. I was raised in Homedale, not too far away from Caldwell. That has nothing to do with anything, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
    I was born in Caldwell, Idaho. I was raised in Homedale, not too far away from Caldwell. That has nothing to do with anything, either.
    So you know about the Caldwell Cubs?
    Last edited by LA Ute; 08-16-2013 at 10:12 PM.

--Yeats

So you know about the Caldwell Cubs?
    Yes. I went to a few games when I was a kid. Good times.

I won the Idaho 3A 1600M run against a kid from Homedale in 1991, his initials were/are DD. He got second, I was first!

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I won the Idaho 3A 1600M run against a kid from Homedale in 1991, his initials were/are DD. He got second, I was first!
    I moved away in 1970. Probably don't know who that was.

I moved away in 1970. Probably don't know who that was.
    Look, Scottie's trying to brag here, and you're not helping.

--Yeats

Look, Scottie's trying to brag here, and you're not helping.
    I have found that I am rarely helpful. I am impressed that he won the 1600m. I don't like to even drive that far.