Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Pick'em Contest

College Pick'em Contest

Want to test your prognostication skills? Looking for some Internet glory and bragging rights. Think you have the inside scoop that can set you apart from the crowd? Or are you looking for a way to enhance your interest in college football without putting the car and house up for hock?

I've created a free College Pick'em contest on Yahoo. Feel free to join, and invite others to join. The group ID is 10934 and the password is "utes".

The picks are for games each week in the PAC 12, top 25, and some other games that Yahoo deems interesting. You have until 5 minutes before each game to enter or edit picks. The system tracks everything, and you can see your own and group results updated in near real-time.

Important note- the picks are against the spread, not straight up.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 08-24-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Ditto
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Password no worky for me. Is it just me and my fat fingers?

I signed in last night without trouble. Maybe I broke it?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I was trying to sign in on the NFL side. Dumb! Thanks for setting this up, Chris.

Here's direct link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....&reg_confirm=1

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Want to test your prognostication skills? Looking for some Internet glory and bragging rights. Think you have the inside scoop that can set you apart from the crowd? Or are you looking for a way to enhance your interest in college football without putting the car and house up for hock?

I've created a free College Pick'em contest on Yahoo. Feel free to join, and invite others to join. The group ID is 10934 and the password is "utes".

The picks are for games each week in the PAC 12, top 25, and some other games that Yahoo deems interesting. You have until 5 minutes before each game to enter or edit picks. The system tracks everything, and you can see your own and group results updated in near real-time.

Important note- the picks are against the spread, not straight up.
    Bump, still time to join, and get your picks in.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....&reg_confirm=1

My first week picks are locked and loaded.

Reminder, get your Week 2 picks in!

Bump- reminder to get picks in.

Interesting that Ohio St at Cal doesn't have a spread listed. Other websites list Ohio St -15 to -16.

Bump- reminder to get picks in.

Interesting that Ohio St at Cal doesn't have a spread listed. Other websites list Ohio St -15 to -16.
    It's because they don't know braxton miller will play. Him playing will swing the line 5 or 6 points

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Tought week last week. Only 2 people over .500 for the week.

Dfb32 had a great week to take the overall lead. Still only 9 game difference between #1 and 12 with a lot of weeks left to make up ground.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 09-20-2013 at 08:24 PM.

6 people don't have their picks in for this week yet, including current leader dfb32. We could have a new leader by Sunday.

6 people don't have their picks in for this week yet, including current leader dfb32. We could have a new leader by Sunday.

:ashamed:
    André Gide

I got my picks in now. Only missed out on the Boise game. There will be no new leader in Sunday.

Weekly reminder, get your picks in.

Interesting note- No line on the Alabama-Mississippi game. Both teams are ranked. I haven't had time to see if there are any sub-plots causing the lack of committment from the book makers.

Tough to pick a lowest-score tie breaker this week. No real cupcake games anymore.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 09-26-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Joined. Is this ATS or Straight-Up?

NM - Actually read the entire post
    "But I tried didn't I? ... at least I did that."

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Joined. Is this ATS or Straight-Up?

NM - Actually read the entire post
    Welcome, better late than never. May be tough to catch up, but a couple of good weeks and you can probably, catch BoylenOver (Redbird on this site).

Interesting that for the USU-BYU game, the 5 BYU fans picked BYU, and all but two of the Ute fans picked USU. I was thinking today how I feel guilty any time I pick against Utah, even if it is ATS (thinking we may win but not cover).

It it is hard to overcome your heart with your head.

FTR, I picked BYU to cover, but thought USU would win by less than 6. I figured it would be a defensive battle, which usually come down to slim margins of victory.

Interesting that for the USU-BYU game, the 5 BYU fans picked BYU, and all but two of the Ute fans picked USU. I was thinking today how I feel guilty any time I pick against Utah, even if it is ATS (thinking we may win but not cover).

It it is hard to overcome your heart with your head.

FTR, I picked BYU to cover, but thought USU would win by less than 6. I figured it would be a defensive battle, which usually come down to slim margins of victory.
    I don't think I've ever picked against Utah in any kind of contest or bracket, and I've never picked BYU. I've never had a BYU player on a fantasy football team. Of course, I also don't ever put money on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't think I've ever picked against Utah in any kind of contest or bracket, and I've never picked BYU. I've never had a BYU player on a fantasy football team. Of course, I also don't ever put money on these things.
    I picked USU in that game because to date they have been the better team and have a better QB. So, you can count me among those that were surprised to see that the Cougars had upset them in such impressive fashion.

Is Keaton done for the year?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Is Keaton done for the year?
    If he is, then USU's season goal just changed from "win conference" to "become bowl eligible".

Weekly reminder, get your picks in. This wek marks the half-way point in the season.

Weekly reminder, get your picks in. This wek marks the half-way point in the season.
    I am in 5th place! But I am not sure if that means I am doing well or if everyone else has stopped playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I am in 5th place! But I am not sure if that means I am doing well or if everyone else has stopped playing?
    Your doing real, real good! We still have about 20 people actively making picks each week.

Reminder to get picks in. 10 people missing picks as of tonight.

Reminder to get this week's picks in.

Last week was tough. We only had two participants over 50% for the week. Also, it looks like we are down to 16 participants. We have two Cougars (the BYU kind, not Demi Moore kind) in the top 5, they have both been steadily moving up. Bring your A-game this week!

Also, it looks like we are down to 16 participants.
    That makes me feel worse about my current standing. Thanks

Reminder to get this week's picks in.

Last week was tough. We only had two participants over 50% for the week. Also, it looks like we are down to 16 participants. We have two Cougars (the BYU kind, not Demi Moore kind) in the top 5, they have both been steadily moving up. Bring your A-game this week!
    Third place is the second loser!

And what the crap is up with OrangeUte? He's a freaking wizard, only like a bizarro wizard. He's got remarkable skills.