Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Basketball Uni thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    Everything that's black has the new wasatch-range-picture/zubaz pattern (posted earlier in the thread) on it
    Can't load that one at work, but I'm guessing it's the horrendous pattern on our practice jerseys. As bad as this is for BBall, I'm more worried about how that's going to look on the football jerseys and god forbid helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    We'll just have to wait for the current love affair with the color back to pass.

I kind like the design, though. I'm a little worried about the color. Compare the uniforms with the shade of red in the word "Utah." The latter looks like Utah Crimson, our official color. The unis look kind of orange. Please, let this be just a matter of appearances.
    I'll never understand your bias against two of Utah's official colors.

We'll just have to wait for the current love affair with the color back to pass.

I kind like the design, though. I'm a little worried about the color. Compare the uniforms with the shade of red in the word "Utah." The latter looks like Utah Crimson, our official color. The unis look kind of orange. Please, let this be just a matter of appearances.
    The orange-y look happens because no Utah team actually wears Crimson. There was an attempt in the early 2000's to switch Utah over to true Crimson, but fans wouldn't buy the purple-y merch. Since then we've commited ourselves to Pantone 200...also known as Ohio State Scarlet...the fans seems to have no qualms about it, except the passing awareness that it kind of looks orange under some lighting.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I'll never understand your bias against two of Utah's official colors.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

You know Utah's visual style guide has always listed 4 primary colors, Red, White, Black and Gray

I didn't know we actually had 4 colors until I worked on the fields and we were trying to figure out the color scheme for the new MWC logo, which really needed more than just red and white, and that's when I found out black and gray had always been official colors.

As for the color of the uniforms, if Utah is using Pantone 200 for uniforms it will look different next to text, as printed material is supposed to be in Pantone 187 per the university.

Ahem. The official colors of the University of Utah are crimson and white.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Ahem. The official colors of the University of Utah are crimson and white.
    Says you

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Says you
    The marketing department doesn't determine the university's official colors. Now get off my lawn!

--Yeats

2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

those northwestern unis look like board shorts with all the screen print on them. But they seem kinda cool at the same time. I love that old school U logo

Oregon will be wearing track uniforms this Sunday...because reasons.

Oregon will be wearing track uniforms this Sunday...because reasons.
    That didn't work out so well for Syracuse. Maybe Oregon will have better luck.

That's it. Get the Salt Lake temple on the JMHC floor.

BmkgZFbCYAEHH9W.jpg

Is that a giant, unkempt moustache on the floor? Or is it something gross.

New Basketball Uniforms released.
    Unis.jpg
    Last edited by dfb32; 09-10-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfb32 View Post
    New Basketball Uniforms released.
    Unis.jpg
    And the whites

https://twitter.com/runnin_utes/stat...89906080509952

And the black (Pretty sure the tag says 'For LA Ute')

Quote Originally Posted by diehard ute View Post
    and the black (pretty sure the tag says 'for la ute')

I freaking love THYROID!!!!

As I posted on the other thread on this subject (why do have two?) I could live without the extra-long shorts, but whatever keeps the guys happy. BTW, it looks like Delon still needs to eat a few sandwiches. As for the black unis, I've given up. This is a passing fad.

--Yeats

These are interesting, but ultimately feel a little confused (but well, Under Armour and all). On the one hand, the shirt appears to be going for more of a classic basketball look. It's two-toned and uses a skinny block font with no stroke. Odd collar and pit stain sewing aside, these are clearly meant to look a bit retro. The shorts on the other hand are following in the great modern basketball tradition of ugly, ill-conceived shorts. So ultimately, either half of the uni feels out-of-place. That aside, I would suggest these are a minor upgrade from the last set, but that's not a big compliment.

These are interesting, but ultimately feel a little confused (but well, Under Armour and all). On the one hand, the shirt appears to be going for more of a classic basketball look. It's two-toned and uses a skinny block font with no stroke. Odd collar and pit stain sewing aside, these are clearly meant to look a bit retro. The short on the other hand are following in the great modern basketball tradition of ugly, ill-conceived shorts. So ultimately, either half of the uni feels out-of-place. That side, I would suggest these are a minor upgrade from the last set, but that's not a big compliment.
    The shoes have my Spidey Senses tingling!

These are interesting, but ultimately feel a little confused (but well, Under Armour and all). On the one hand, the shirt appears to be going for more of a classic basketball look. It's two-toned and uses a skinny block font with no stroke. Odd collar and pit stain sewing aside, these are clearly meant to look a bit retro. The shorts on the other hand are following in the great modern basketball tradition of ugly, ill-conceived shorts. So ultimately, either half of the uni feels out-of-place. That aside, I would suggest these are a minor upgrade from the last set, but that's not a big compliment.
    The black uniforms especially look like a classic basketball style apron being worn over the top of an ugly modern uniform. I guess we had to one up bibs with aprons.
    Last edited by jrj84105; 09-10-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    The black uniforms especially look like a classic basketball style apron being worn over the top of an ugly modern uniform. I guess we had to one up bibs with aprons.
    DexterSuit.jpg