Thread: The puck has dropped. The 2013-2014 NHL thread.

The puck has dropped. The 2013-2014 NHL thread.

I don't care if it is preseason, beat the Mother Fucking Red Wings make them the first team with the pleasure of losing to the Blackhawks this season.

Repeat bitches.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Alex Pietrangelo signed. Contract seems right for an elite level defenseman. I'm disappointed that St. Louis got this done.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9670117/alex-pietrangelo-st-louis-blues-agrees-7-year-extension
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Banned
    The puck has dropped,

Blackhawks are still the best team in the NHL. I realize there have been some struggles here and there, but they are still the best. I'm thrilled with getting Kris Versteeg back on the roster. It is a nice luxury to have him on the 3rd line and have the option to call him up to the top line when Hossa is hurt. I'm loving the line combos for the Blackhawks right now

Sharp-Toews-Hossa/Kane
    Saad-Pirri-Kane/Hossa
    Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg

I'd put those top 3 lines against anyone in the NHL. Saad is an emerging star and Pirri really has been a solid rookie addition. With Pirri and Shaw playing well at center, I think Handzus is going to spend a lot of time on the LTIR.
    --fjm.com