Thread: SheriffCreg

SheriffCreg

I was introduced to this by a Ute-fan over on cougarboard.com (The irony). I actually find a lot in common with the people (If that's what you can call them) over at cougarboard, but I am still 100% a Utah fan. The last two weeks have been pretty vitriolic against Utah fans over there, so I welcome the change, with hopefully a few less judgmental people to get under my skin.

As far as my Utah fan dedication, I have been to every Utah home-game since 1992, and helped in the organization of the UFFC in 2002 (Which became the MUSS the next year). Sadly, I don't have season tickets to renew (I finally graduated the year we joined the PAC), so getting tickets to continue my home-game streak is not a sure thing, and could end any week.

Honestly, the biggest plus of this site so-far is that it is not blocked by my "sports" filter at my work. Cougarboard, and virtually every other sports forum are inaccessible during work hours. So I find myself drawn here, since I am able to get on at work. Hopefully that holds up.

That's about it. My name isn't Creg. I'm not a sheriff. But I may still refer to you as my deputy in a patronizing sort of way.

Welcome! Please stick around. I hope you enjoy it here.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Welcome Creg. Make yourself at home.

I shot da sheriff, but I didn't shoot no Creg-ute-y. Welcome.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Welcome.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by SheriffCreg View Post
    I was introduced to this by a Ute-fan over on cougarboard.com (The irony). I actually find a lot in common with the people (If that's what you can call them) over at cougarboard, but I am still 100% a Utah fan. The last two weeks have been pretty vitriolic against Utah fans over there, so I welcome the change, with hopefully a few less judgmental people to get under my skin.

As far as my Utah fan dedication, I have been to every Utah home-game since 1992, and helped in the organization of the UFFC in 2002 (Which became the MUSS the next year). Sadly, I don't have season tickets to renew (I finally graduated the year we joined the PAC), so getting tickets to continue my home-game streak is not a sure thing, and could end any week.

Honestly, the biggest plus of this site so-far is that it is not blocked by my "sports" filter at my work. Cougarboard, and virtually every other sports forum are inaccessible during work hours. So I find myself drawn here, since I am able to get on at work. Hopefully that holds up.

That's about it. My name isn't Creg. I'm not a sheriff. But I may still refer to you as my deputy in a patronizing sort of way.
    About damn time you accept my invite. Welcome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Banned
    Welcome aboard Sheriff.

It took like 4 days to get the confirmation email. But it came. And I have been temporarily banned by El Jefe for the next few days on CB, so I guess it's a good of a time as any to be a little more present here.