Thread: Ute Hoops- The 2013 - 2014 thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by cald22well View Post
    I generally agree with you. We would probably be right at that 5th/6th spot in the Pac-12 standings. Depending on the strength of the other conferences and bubble teams, I think that we would be in the discussion of Last 4 In, First 4 Out. And in all honesty, I think that is the ceiling for this Utah team. My personal expectations are a top half seed in the NIT.
    The silly thing about this is that the SOS ALONE counts for points, even if you lose the games. "Well Utah finished 6th and Stanford finished 7th, but I vote for Stanford because they lost to Northwestern and UConn in the preseason."

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    The silly thing about this is that the SOS ALONE counts for points, even if you lose the games. "Well Utah finished 6th and Stanford finished 7th, but I vote for Stanford because they lost to Northwestern and UConn in the preseason."
    It's not that you're rewarded for losing, you're rewarded for taking on quality opposition when there were 250 other teams you could have scheduled instead for an easy 'W'. And teams can always find quality opponents to fill out the schedule.