Thread: Ute Hoops- The 2013 - 2014 thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    One observation about Onwas: In the 2-hour practice I attended he was invisible. He wasn't involved in running the offense, wasn't in the mix for rebounds, and generally looked young and lost. Just FWIW. We might not want to get too excited about him just yet.
    It's really interesting what we see based upon our preconceived notions and biases. Tony Jones see things, I just don't see and vice versa. This is not a rip on you. Others (like Jones) are going hogwild over Onwas. You aren't. I tend to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    It's really interesting what we see based upon our preconceived notions and biases. Tony Jones see things, I just don't see and vice versa. This is not a rip on you. Others (like Jones) are going hogwild over Onwas. You aren't. I tend to agree with you.
    While I can't say one way or the other, I have to say judgments based off 1 or 2 hours for or against make little sense.

As others have pointed out about the playing time gripes in football, only the coaches really have the vision of everything that goes on.

I think we Fans tend to get too up or down on players based on highlight reels and sneak peaks.