Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
The pool is 25 meter. I did it all breast stroke(the only stroke I know real technique, my crawl looks more like I am drowning with style). I was knocking out 400 m roughly every 10 minutes, and felt like I could have gone another 800 meters without breaking pace. I found a good groove. This morning I did 1600 in 41 minutes, so I think I found a great cadence that is staying aerobic while maximizing speed. The race distance for the sprint-tri is 400 meters. I am hoping that I can shave my time on that to about 8 minutes on raceday (12/14)
8 minutes for 400m of breaststroke would be as fast as I've ever seen anyone who didn't have the name of a country on their suit swim that distance. I hope you're able to pull it off. I don't know much about distance running and bike riding, but I know that sometimes I like to swim 50 yards of breaststroke because I get to breathe more often and I don't feel as exhausted after a lap. However, if I try and swim all breaststroke, when I'm done, my arms ache like I had a burnout workout with weights.

Again, congrats.